Nubby in Need of Direction.....

dpatterson

Awards
I am needing some direction for what supps to take and which ones to stay away from. I have been reading alot on the boards and it seems that everyone has their own opinions. But, I would like to hear from people who have actually taken supps that I would be interested in.

My Stats Timeline:

Build: Large Frame
Height: 6'1

01/01/2007 Weight: 286lbs
01/01/2007 BodyFat: 32%
04/17/2007 Weight: 257lbs
04/13/2007 BodyFat: 24.5%

(BodyFat determined by handheld monitor)

Target Weight: 235lbs

I lost all of this weight with diet and exercise, no supps, no gimicks, no nothing. Bused butt in the gym and stayed away from Fast Food, Sodas, and my favorite - Over Eating.

But, I have leveled out and cannot seem to loose anymore weight. Yesterday I started a 900 Calorie Diet - High Protein, Low Calories. I have been using a program called ProTrack 2005 to log all of my Nutrition.

Food I eat consists of the following:

Tuna, Chicken, Green Veggies, Cottage Cheese, High Fiber Cereals, 2% Milk, Sorted Fish, High Fiber Breads, bananas, apples, Assorted Veggies.

Typical Meals:

7am - 1C High Fiber Cereal or Oatmeal
10am - 3oz Tuna
1pm - 2C Veggies and 1 to 2C Cottage Cheese
4pm - 3oz Tuna
7pm - Chicken Breast, Veggies, Salad
10pm - Apple or Banana or Cottage Cheese and Fruit

I also drink at least 1 Gallon of Water a Day. I pretty much drink nothing by water.

Only vitamins are Men's Health One a Day... Anything else I should be taking?

Workouts are 5 days a week. Mostly free weights that isolate the muscle groups. Mostly, 4 sets on each with heavy weight to muscle failure.

The best Cardio that I have found is Raquetball. I usually play 3 times a week for 60 to 90 minutes.

What would you recommend to push me towards my goal? I am not looking to do anything long term, maybe 30 days then go from there. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Daniel

Last edited:
AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I am needing some direction for what supps to take and which ones to stay away from. I have been reading alot on the boards and it seems that everyone has their own opinions. But, I would like to hear from people who have actually taken supps that I would be interested in.

My Stats Timeline:

Build: Large Frame
Height: 6'1

01/01/2007 Weight: 286lbs
01/01/2007 BodyFat: 32%
04/17/2007 Weight: 257lbs
04/13/2007 BodyFat: 24.5%

(BodyFat determined by handheld monitor)

Target Weight: 235lbs

I lost all of this weight with diet and exercise, no supps, no gimicks, no nothing. Bused butt in the gym and stayed away from Fast Food, Sodas, and my favorite - Over Eating.

But, I have leveled out and cannot seem to loose anymore weight. Yesterday I started a 900 Calorie Diet - High Protein, Low Calories. I have been using a program called ProTrack 2005 to log all of my Nutrition.

Workouts are 5 days a week. Mostly free weights that isolate the muscle groups. Mostly, 4 sets on each with heavy weight to muscle failure.

What would you recommend to push me towards my goal? I am not looking to do anything long term, maybe 30 days then go from there. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Daniel
2 things - you can add cario and you can pitch your metabolism by putting a day well over 900 calories at least once a week. your plateau can be well related to your low caloric intake. unfortunately - the metabolism is a very smart beast that can see what you are doing and slow down on your to protect the body and its other mechanisms.

also - are you taking any vitamin supplementation?

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
257lbs and your trying to run a 900 calorie diet!?!?! forget about losing any fat, your just going to burn off all the muscle that you got doing that. you need to be eating around 2800-3000 calories and do cardio 4-5 times per week. As far as supplementation, i have been taking DCP for a bit over a week and I really like it. It doesn't do much for appetite supression for me, but the scale has been showing some numbers that I like and my diet has not been the greatest lately either.

anyways, good luck! hope this helps

dpatterson

Awards
The best Cardio that I have found is Raquetball. I usually play 3 times a week for 60 to 90 minutes.

Treadmills and the such just dont do it for me...

Only vitamins are Men's Health One a Day... Anything else I should be taking?

Food I eat consist of the following:

Tuna, Chicken, Green Veggies, Cottage Cheese, High Fiber Cereals, 2% Milk, Sorted Fish, High Fiber Breads, bananas, apples, Assorted Veggies.

Daniel

dpatterson

Awards
257lbs and your trying to run a 900 calorie diet!?!?! forget about losing any fat, your just going to burn off all the muscle that you got doing that. you need to be eating around 2800-3000 calories and do cardio 4-5 times per week. As far as supplementation, i have been taking DCP for a bit over a week and I really like it. It doesn't do much for appetite supression for me, but the scale has been showing some numbers that I like and my diet has not been the greatest lately either.

anyways, good luck! hope this helps
This makes sense... I have not been seeing much muscle development lately.

Should I keep eating the same foods as listed above or should I try to throw something else in?

DP

dpatterson

Awards
How much Protein should I be taking in?

Currently am taking in ~150g per day.

DP

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
yeah the foods your eating are fine, you just need to eat ALOT more of them. at 257 you should be eating between 260g-380g of protein per day. with more calories will come more protein though naturally, so if you keep eating that chicken this shouldnt be hard to achieve. throw in a protein shake here and there and you will start seeing some good results!

dpatterson

Awards
Wow.. ok I was way off mark...

I have been reading up on ISS' Whey Matrix for shakes. Anyone else use this product?

DP

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
well here is a general formula that I am using to come up with these numbers. not the most sophisticated, but definitely a good starting point. you might need to adjust slightly if your not seeing good results, BUT:

to calculate calories use:

On a Cut - body weight * 12
Maintenance - body weight * 15
Bulking - body weight * 18

Then protein/carbs/fats should be somewhere around 40/40/20 respectively.

as far as the ISS Whey Matrix in my opinion whey protein is whey protein. i just get whatever is on sale....although i do prefer whey protein isolate especially when cutting. I have been taking ISO-100 lately and it tastes damn good!

dalvare1

dalvare1

Awards
OK I highly reccommend you restructure youre entire program:

Example:
Split in 6 Meals

Protein: 200g
Carbs: 100g
Fat: 50g

Cardio: 45 mins On non Weightlifting Days
15 mins Post Workout on Weightlifting Days

Training: 3 Day Split

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
OK I highly reccommend you restructure youre entire program:

Example:
Split in 6 Meals

Protein: 200g
Carbs: 100g
Fat: 50g

Cardio: 45 mins On non Weightlifting Days
15 mins Post Workout on Weightlifting Days

Training: 3 Day Split
are you recommending cardio every day? also, at 257lbs 200g of protein is hardly enough.