How many of you cap your own supps?

wrestler119

wrestler119

Awards
I was considering doing this, but I was wondering how difficult it is and how difficult it is to fill each cap with the same amount of powder. What are your guy's experiences with this?

tattoopierced1

i do occasionally when there is a great deal on bulk powder. It isnt real hard to do especially if you get a cap em quik device and have a scale.

wrestler119

wrestler119

Awards
I was planning on using a cap m quick. So if I wanted to get, say, 10mg in each cap, it wouldnt be difficult as long as I had a scale?

300Fan

Awards
I tried it... failed and laughed as it was the stupidest thing...

Now, i just put the powder onto the scale and down it with water

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's fairly easy... a great way to make about 50caps in about 15 minutes give or take.

Haven't tried the 0 caps which would be needed for that amount, but what I usually do is fill the caps up level them off and measure the difference between a empty cap to get the total.

For most products it comes out fairly close and I just adjust the caps per dose to get the amount I need. For example I cap some tyrosine, the difference is about 500mg to a empty cap so to get 1.5gr per dose I just take 3 at a time.

wrestler119

wrestler119

Awards
It's fairly easy... a great way to make about 50caps in about 15 minutes give or take.

Haven't tried the 0 caps which would be needed for that amount, but what I usually do is fill the caps up level them off and measure the difference between a empty cap to get the total.

For most products it comes out fairly close and I just adjust the caps per dose to get the amount I need. For example I cap some tyrosine, the difference is about 500mg to a empty cap so to get 1.5gr per dose I just take 3 at a time.
Do you think it would be difficult to cap an amount as small as 10mg?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally cap bulk cissus and GMS (glycerol mono stereate). I just couldn't take these two un-capped. Cissus tasted like rotten wood with a nice coat of dirt for added flavor, and GMS although seemingly tasteless the texture was just utterly disgusting. The Cap-Em-Quik really fixed all my problems. I just take roughly what I feel is correct, but like the others said if you need a more exact amount I would resort to a scale.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ive tried doing so myself with Tribulus and the end result was a lot of wasted product and a clogged capsule machine, I prefer to buy Trib precapped to say the least

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I am using a bulk powder w/ a dose <200mg, I usually just make a solution using either oil or saline and put that in a cap when I need to dose.