Super Plasma Protein (Super Bovine)

ms84

Banned
Awards
can anyone comment on this type of protein?? gonna pick up a tub or more next month and try it out. i have been so sick with allergies this past week i havent been able to lift, so i have been eating all the beef i can get trying to keep on the muscle mass and just want to get back and hit the weights.

current stats as of 2 wks ago
tot. wt. 245
lbm 183
bf% 24:sad: (but good news was that lbm went from 175 too 183 in 1.5wks by just eating all that beef:cheers: )

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
can anyone comment on this type of protein?? gonna pick up a tub or more next month and try it out. i have been so sick with allergies this past week i havent been able to lift, so i have been eating all the beef i can get trying to keep on the muscle mass and just want to get back and hit the weights.

current stats as of 2 wks ago
tot. wt. 245
lbm 183
bf% 24:sad: (but good news was that lbm went from 175 too 183 in 1.5wks by just eating all that beef:cheers: )
Can you post any additional information you've read on this "super plasma protein"?

ms84

Banned
Awards
heres the product write up:

Super Plasma Protein, is > 90% protein isolate and made from hydrolyzed beef plasma. The powder is spray dried and concentrated into edible bovine plasma and is then made into bovine serum and concentrated to have an immunoglobulin content of 40% minimum. Unlike traditional sources of protein such as casein or whey, Super Plasma Protein is rich in naturally occurring, bioactive proteins and peptides. The bioactivity of the proteins offers the athlete benefits beyond an excellent amino acid profile.

The powder is a grayish white color. The product is pure, clean, 100% natural protein, USDA inspected.
Chemical Analysis
Protein 90%
Fat <.5%
Ash 5%
IgG 49%

Bodybuilding and Athletic Supplementation Description

Super Plasma is a concentrate of serum, the gold-standard of all natural substances in supporting cell growth and proliferation. Super Plasma Protein works harder for you than any other protein source. It has THREE times the level of anabolic growth factors as whey! It goes to work the minute it becomes soluble to promote protein synthesis, reduce protein turnover and enhance protein retention! This will help you absorb amino acids more efficiently and increase the body's nitrogen balance. It will also help users gain lean muscle mass by breaking the catabolic cycle with immunoglobulin and mitogenic growth factors uch as IGF-1 and the immunomodulatory cytokine. The main ingredient in Bovine Serum is immunoglobuling G. The most exciting aspect of the Super Plasma science is new studies that demonstrate a positive effect on inflammatory cytokine production and expression. The effects of Super Plasma on inflammatory cytokine production provides a partial explanation of how Super Plasma can promote lean tissue accretion and amino acid utilization while reducing amino acid catabolism. These recent studies have opened up a new opportunity towards maximizing protein retention and lean body mass in the athlete. In addition to promoting inflammation, cytokines also elicit potent catabolic effects on skeletal muscle which affects growth. Cytokine management, because of its potential to affect the catabolic component of physiological state and to reduce inflammatory mediators, has tremendous promise towards increasing lean body mass and reducing muscle soreness.
Below is a list of benefits proven with research with the use of Bovine Serum:

Bioactive Hormones, growth factors and cytokines promote cell growth
Activation of immune system thereby preventing protein and energy loss.
Promotes intestinal function
Enhances nutrient utilization
Increases retained nitrogen, promotes weight gain
Increased retained energy.
Reduced protein and amino acid catabolism, improves protein retention
Increases fat-free body mass.

Comparison of Super Plasma vs. Standard Proteins

Proteins like casein, egg and whey can be used as sole sources of dietary protein due to a highly available, balanced, essential amino acid profile but these proteins have negligible bioactivity. Super Plasma on the other hand, is rich in bioactive proteins, which help promote amino acid utilization. The proteins are larger and more complex in structure than in whey or casein, with a slow rate of digestion, which allows them to retain biological activity. Ideally, Super Plasma should be combined with whey or other high quality protein sources lower in molecular weight with a more rapid rate of digestion. Retaining biological activity is critical to the dual-benefit of promoting amino acid utilization while also supporting immunity.

Super Bovine vs. Colostrum
Total Protein 89% 54%
IgG 46-53% 15-16%
Total Immunoglobulin 51-58% 18-20%
Other proteins
Casein 0% 15-20%
( -lactoglobulin) 0% 8%
Bovine Serum albumin 10% 5-10%
Cysteine2 3.3 1.6
Iron-binding Capacity
Transferrin/Lactoferrin 7.5% 0.3-0.5%
Protease inhibitors Present Present
TGFB-1 (ng/g protein) 127 Not Tested
IGF-1 (ng/g protein) 3,028 1,500 - 9000
Fat 0.2% 26%
Lactose 0% 10.5%
Ash 6.5% 4%
Moisture 4% 5%

Recommended Dosage
For best results, Super Plasma should be consumed in protein powders, or beverages at a rate of 25% protein in the product or for maximum effect 10-20 g per day. It can be used in both post-workout (fast digestion) and meal replacement (slow digestion) products. Athletes using both resistance and endurance training may benefit because of the positive effects on protein utilization and the opportunity for cytokine modulation. Methionine is the limiting amino acid in Super Plasma. For best results, Super Plasma should be part of a complete, balanced nutritional program.

Super Plasma Info

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
So it's blood protein? Yummy. Do they have chocolate?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Pair it up with a biscuit mix and you got something there.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I thought this thread was about Jayhawkk?

ocyeoman

Awards
I purchased a pound of super plasma protein a year ago just to try it out. I didn't notice any benefit. As the stuff is about 50 bucks a pound, there are definitely more efficient ways to allocate your supplement budget.