• Cissus

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • BCAA's

Votes: 109 61.2%

• Total voters

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I was looking at a post by DR. Nick and it got me wondering. What everyone thought was the best supp for holding on to muscle will decreasing BF?
Also why do you think your choice would be the best one?

natiels

natiels

Board Supporter
Awards
I would vote for cissus even tho it is not on there. It blocks cortisol wonderfully and the joint relief is great with the slight anabolic punch (prolly due to the previously mentioned cort blocking though). I got heart palapatations from retain so that makes cissus even more attractive to me since it gives me no sides at all.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I second that notion. And would also like to add ecdysteroids as well.

ecdysteroids. Really? I recall Sytrax coming out with this stuff in the late 90's. Everyone thought it would take buckets load of it just to have a small positive impact.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
ecdysteroids. Really? I recall Sytrax coming out with this stuff in the late 90's. Everyone thought it would take buckets load of it just to have a small positive impact.
I have tried many ecdy products, and have not found one that is beneficial cost-benefit ratio, but some seem to like e-bol on a cut..

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you buy ecdy or turk in bulk, and cap it yourself, it's more cost-efficient. Many of the products in the 90's were, in my opinion, underdosed. There's also an oral bioavailability factor, is greatly increased with the addition of piperidine.

I'm currently cutting, using turkesterone (2%) @ 3g ED. I'm a firm believer that ecdysteroids are underrated.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I would vote for BCAAs but it is not there.

CROWLER

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Arrgghh! You guys are killing me...:numbered: :D

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be using thyrotabs and during the last 2 or 3 weeks I'm going to be running clen along with it. I don't want to use any anabolics as I'm planning on running halodrol and MTRN directly after.. Does anyone suggest something to run with thyrotabs and clen to prevent muscle catabolism,?

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BCAAs FTW! I have been cutting for 2.5 weeks while dosing Excell at about 6 scoops per day. I have stayed the same weight and dropped 1% BF.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you buy ecdy or turk in bulk, and cap it yourself, it's more cost-efficient. Many of the products in the 90's were, in my opinion, underdosed. There's also an oral bioavailability factor, is greatly increased with the addition of piperidine.

I'm currently cutting, using turkesterone (2%) @ 3g ED. I'm a firm believer that ecdysteroids are underrated.
Sinner, if you like the ecdy check out this thread:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/custom-nutrition-warehouse/61956-20-turkesterone-stock.html

That strong of an extract would seem ideal for cutting maintainence.

Of the products listed I would say both the NHA stack and bcaa's are solid.

Forskolin is great.

PowerFULL is a great HGH/testostoreone/anabolic boosting formula on the planet.

Anabolic Pump will allow you to increase carbohydrates while dieting.

Super Cissus is a potent anti catabolic along with being the best Joint injury prevention supplement in the world.

Hmmm maybe a AP/PowerFULL/Super Cissus stack sale?

The best scenario in dieting is getting anabolic to avoid catabolism.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I might be a little biased but Leviathan is designed specifically for this purpose and so far the product logs speak for themselves.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im going to be running JW and Clen during my cutting cycle. first time for JW.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAAs without a doubt. I also like to use ecdysteroids while cutting for not only the muscle preservation, but also the endurance increase and vascularity.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Without a doubt BCAA's, then I would stack in a t-booster, than a cortisol blocker...

mattyh7688

mattyh7688

Awards
  • Established
BCAA's ftw i seriously think they r the best thing next to prohoromones/steroids

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I think I am starting to see a trend here....

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
BCAA's ftw i seriously think they r the best thing next to prohoromones/steroids
I wouldn't go that far, but I do use them everyday, and they definetly deserve their place in every bber's diet.

mattyh7688

mattyh7688

Awards
  • Established
i should of put for keeping muscle while dieting.. but i did use some bulk powerfull and got stronger while cutting so thats up there to

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I generally use BCAA's and Reduce XT (same as Lean Xtreme) during cutting, so they would get my vote.

Also, in all fairness, I havent used many of the things listed so I cant speak against them; just never used them so cant speak for them either.

Honorable mention - used X Factor one time during cutting and was very pleased.

dan7681

dan7681

Board Sponsor
Awards
BCAAs would be my fist choice (personally I don't cut without BCAAs).

I've used both E-BOl and Hyperdrol/Mass FX and thought each worked well. The problem with Hyperdrol/Mass FX was I seemed to get a fair amount of side effects. E-BOL on the other hand is pretty much side effect free (this is the biggest plus for me as during a cut I like to limit side effects as much as possible). The only downside I could see here is some people might need to use an increased dosage.

I think XF would work great for a cut too. It can help with strength and muscle retention while aiding in fat loss via PPARs and cAMP activation. Also since you're on a lowered calorie intake b/c of cutting you're AA from food sources will most likely be lowered so IMO making AA supplementation even more beneficial. There are side effects associated with XF but I think most can be elimated with proper precautions or atleast made tolerable.

The coritsol lowering effects of retain and lean extreme should/could be helpful. I'm not sure to what extent they'll help with muscle/strength retention though.

Good luck I think retain, lean xtreme, BCAAs, and the NHA stack would all help with your goals.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Bcaas would be an great choice. Also if you're cutting, there is some evidence that TTA has the ability to preserve lean mass and help with lean gains.. as well as of course, its primary role of being very a potent fat burner.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Good luck I think retain, lean xtreme, BCAAs, and the NHA stack would all help with your goals.
I am rocking teh BCAA's + NHA Stack + Lean Extreme + PowerFULL + Forskolin for my muscle retaining during my current cutting cycle. Only a week and a hlaf in, but so far so good...

dan7681

dan7681

Board Sponsor
Awards
I am rocking teh BCAA's + NHA Stack + Lean Extreme + PowerFULL + Forskolin for my muscle retaining during my current cutting cycle. Only a week and a hlaf in, but so far so good...
That sounds pretty good (although I'd save the PowerFULL until later)

My next cutting stack:
X-Factor
DCP
BCAAs
Glutamine ( I got a big jug free from work :D )
low dosed fish oil
Green Mag
Thyrotabs (might use the last 4 weeks depending on progress)

I have high hopes for this stack :)

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
Jw,becouse i have used it during my cut and in almost three months i have lost a little more than 10kg and over 6%bf without losing ANY strenght,in fact i have set pr in deads and some more minor exercises..

Saying this with an experience in training for over 7 years and my diet has been solid during my cut (ofcourse).

I am plesed with it:)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HMB, no doubt a wicked anti-catabolic.
Have you had good personal results with this? From the research I've seen, very little was shown for HMB's effectiveness in trained athletes. Of course, none of the studies where done on bodybuilders during a cut.

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
Yes. I have a high metabolism, and naturally have very little fat (even if I eat alot). So when I work and sleep, because I have no fat, my body burns my muscle, this resulted in weight loss and difficulty gaining weight.

With HMB, after a few weeks of using it, I could actually gain weight, and if you weigh yourself before bed, and in the morning, you will notice that you are lighter. HMB actually made it so I didn't lose weight at night during bed. That was my sure sign that it was working.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm maybe a AP/PowerFULL/Super Cissus stack sale?[/QUOTE]

let me know if that sale is ever going to happen....please:head:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you had good personal results with this? From the research I've seen, very little was shown for HMB's effectiveness in trained athletes. Of course, none of the studies where done on bodybuilders during a cut.
Personally, I found HMB helps me maintain well during a cut if I use a high enough dosage (about 5 grams) spaced out throughout the day. Biggest issue is it can get price prohibitive quickly.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never actually had to "cut" before but BCAA's are very well known for their anti-catabolic properties. The research is there as well, so I would definitely recommend BCAA's ;)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, I found HMB helps me maintain well during a cut if I use a high enough dosage (about 5 grams) spaced out throughout the day. Biggest issue is it can get price prohibitive quickly.
Thank goodness for NP's HMB Powder (500 grams) By NutraPlanet That would last you a little over 3 months (100 days) on a cut. Depending on how much time you need to cut up, I'd say that's pretty sufficient.

Like I said, the research which I had been reading was not done with cutting bodybuilders; it was done primarily with Football teams during their preseason training. But when you're diet becomes hypocaloric, that's when things start to change.

dan7681

dan7681

Board Sponsor
Awards
That would be my interpretation also

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Def use a combo of supplements, like the ones these guys have posted. I don't cut so I can't help lol I have a hard enough keeping weight on.

HMB, I have a friend that used it when he was cutting weight and liked it alot. I agree with sinner the research was never promising.

BCAA's are great for a cut from what I have read. I also think retain 2 would be great.