Magazines giving guidance on supp's that work

p951

p951

Awards
Remember when Muscle Media gave guidance on the up and coming products in bodybuilding; Well, what are today's current magazines giving advice on products that work and how best to use them?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anabolicminds.com :D
I can't say how much great stuff I've learned from AM. I've had finals the next day and I would lose myself digging up old posts for hours. Like right now, I've got 3 exams in 3 days and yet I'm still poking around on AM occasionally :) Theres loads of forums online that have great ideas/suggestions. I've also learned alot reading testosteronenation and Mind&Muscle forums.

Sorry I don't got any advice on magazines though :(

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
On forums, you actually have real users of the product you are looking for. In mags, you don't have a lot of testimonials, if any.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
On forums, you actually have real users of the product you are looking for. In mags, you don't have a lot of testimonials, if any.
Good point --- we aren't being paid to say the things we are. Its from real life experience. Much more valuable resource.

lilanimal

Awards
Not true, muscletech ads always offer wonderful testomonials.....

:rofl:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
True dat. Jay Cutler gained 35 lbs of muscle in 6 weeks on BCAA's!

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Muscular Development Is pretty good, as long as you stick to the right parts of the mag.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
MD is pretty good as long as you aren't reading the Muscle Tech section.
I like to use these forums to get advise from people who USE and have used the products. Plus I get a lot of ideas about other products I would have never heard of.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Who needs mags when you have AM and also M&M :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who needs mags when you have AM and also M&M :)
Seriously. All I see when I read a magazine is advertisements and hyped, misleading information. Mostly advertisements.

mattyh7688

mattyh7688

Awards
  • Established
no guys he didnt gain it on bcaas.. it was cell tech, 50x more anabolic than any substance known to man.. one bottle of anator p-70 will add 30 lbs of muscle while losing 30 lbs of fat too.. (to bad they forgot to mention the loads of AAS,GH,slin they r on)

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I think alot of people around here might be interested in a magazine called Fitness Rx For Men. Every article that is in there ends with at least a dozen research citations...they base their advice on science. Granted alot of it is rehashed info that either gets repeated in different forms every few months or its just information that most of us already know, but it's refreshing to see people doing some scientific research while giving out advice. Plus you can find a few things that you might not have heard elsewhere.

They don't talk that much about supplements, but there is always at least one article about supplements every issue(every other month).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
no guys he didnt gain it on bcaas.. it was cell tech, 50x more anabolic than any substance known to man.. one bottle of anator p-70 will add 30 lbs of muscle while losing 30 lbs of fat too.. (to bad they forgot to mention the loads of anabolic steroids,GH,slin they r on)
Jay Cutler has 3lbs of Test-E, 4 lbs of Deca, and 2.5lbs of GH circulating in his blood at all times. So that 50lbs of muscle mass he added with Cell-Tech was really only 40.5lbs.