New here Please help

Twisterdad

Twisterdad

Awards
Hey people, I'm 37 and weighed in january 246lbs, now I weigh 213lbs, I amd lifting weights 3 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week, I am eating plenty of protein and drinking over a gallon of water a day, I take Hydroxycut Hardcore, Fish oil caplets, Multivitamin, and was wondering if there was anything else I should be taking I want to get muscular and buff, for me and my wifes trip to Cancun, Mexico in oct. Thanks for any help or advice

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Hey people, I'm 37 and weighed in january 246lbs, now I weigh 213lbs, I amd lifting weights 3 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week, I am eating plenty of protein and drinking over a gallon of water a day, I take Hydroxycut Hardcore, Fish oil caplets, Multivitamin, and was wondering if there was anything else I should be taking I want to get muscular and buff, for me and my wifes trip to Cancun, Mexico in oct. Thanks for any help or advice
It sound slike you're making great progress. Could you post what a normal day's eating looks like?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea 33 lbs in ~3 months is great progress. Looks like you're headed in the right direction fast!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Hey man, for one -- welcome to AM and its so nice to have you here. I want to applaud you for getting in the gym and getting active. You don't see it that much anymore. Props.

Anyways, how do you feel your test levels are? Is your libido still really strong? Raising natural test is ALWAYS something that could really benefit someone around the age of 40, on the same token though not everyone's levels get really low at that age. If you feel like your recovery times are slow and you feel a tad sluggish -- or libido is lacking somewhat, those are good signs that your test levels are possibly not up to par.

Something else I might recommend is a good pre-workout. I will never go without them --- for the last week and a half I have been on Chaos by Anabolic Innovations, and I can say that is is BY FAR my favorite I have ever tried, it really gives you that Big time boost to keep your workouts at a really high intensity which in turn burns for fat. I have been mixing the Grape Excell (BCAA powder) and lemonade Chaos --- and I can say that this is the best combo I have EVER tasted --- tastes like that grape-aid I used to drink as a kid.

Let us know if you have ANY more questions, maybe a tad more specific would be helpful.

Thanks!

Twisterdad

Twisterdad

Awards
It sound slike you're making great progress. Could you post what a normal day's eating looks like?
sure
6:30 a.m.- 3 hardboiled eggs or eggbeater JUST WHITES
9:00 a.m.- 1 hardboiled egg and a cup of yogurt
11:30 a.m.- salad with balsamic vinegar and oliveoil, a can of tuna or salmon, of a piece of chicken or steak
3:00 p.m. - pre-work out either whey protein or 1 cup of yogurt and cottage cheese
4:15p.m.- post workout whey protein
6:30 p.m. - steamed veggies or a salad, with chicken steak or fish of somekind
8:30 p.m. cup of cottage cheese and off to bed

that is close to what I do everyday with a few variations now and again, I also drink about a gallon and a half of water a day

Last edited:
Twisterdad

Twisterdad

Awards
Hey man, for one -- welcome to AM and its so nice to have you here. I want to applaud you for getting in the gym and getting active. You don't see it that much anymore. Props.

Anyways, how do you feel your test levels are? Is your libido still really strong? Raising natural test is ALWAYS something that could really benefit someone around the age of 40, on the same token though not everyone's levels get really low at that age. If you feel like your recovery times are slow and you feel a tad sluggish -- or libido is lacking somewhat, those are good signs that your test levels are possibly not up to par.

Something else I might recommend is a good pre-workout. I will never go without them --- for the last week and a half I have been on Chaos by Anabolic Innovations, and I can say that is is BY FAR my favorite I have ever tried, it really gives you that Big time boost to keep your workouts at a really high intensity which in turn burns for fat. I have been mixing the Grape Excell (BCAA powder) and lemonade Chaos --- and I can say that this is the best combo I have EVER tasted --- tastes like that grape-aid I used to drink as a kid.

Let us know if you have ANY more questions, maybe a tad more specific would be helpful.

Thanks!
My energy is pretty good and I feel like I recover well too!!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say that you could add a test booster of some sort to just help keep muscle while you're dropping fat. I had good results with Alpha Drive XL when I was cutting.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sure
6:30 a.m.- 3 hardboiled eggs or eggbeater JUST WHITES
9:00 a.m.- 1 hardboiled egg and a cup of yogurt
11:30 a.m.- salad with balsamic vinegar and oliveoil, a can of tuna or salmon, of a piece of chicken or steak
3:00 p.m. - pre-work out either whey protein or 1 cup of yogurt and cottage cheese
4:15p.m.- post workout whey protein
6:30 p.m. - steamed veggies or a salad, with chicken steak or fish of somekind
8:30 p.m. cup of cottage cheese and off to bed

that is close to what I do everyday with a few variations now and again, I also drink about a gallon and a half of water a day
Doesn't look like you're getting very many carbs (which isn't totally a bad thing) just be sure to have a 'refeed day' every couple of weeks, to keep your metabolism from dropping too much. Stick with things like oatmeal, brown rice, and sweet potatoes as your refeed carbs, and you should be fine.

What does your training regimen look like?

Twisterdad

Twisterdad

Awards
Doesn't look like you're getting very many carbs (which isn't totally a bad thing) just be sure to have a 'refeed day' every couple of weeks, to keep your metabolism from dropping too much. Stick with things like oatmeal, brown rice, and sweet potatoes as your refeed carbs, and you should be fine.

What does your training regimen look like?
work with weights 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week, getting ready to get a whole new weight bench set up so will be alot better workouts soon. Right now I just do the basic core workout at a local gym and come home and work on my weights for another 30 min.then run 2 miles on my 3 off days