Which Protein is the best?

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Looking to order one of the following protein powders and trying to figure out if one is better than the other:

CFM Whey Isolate

CFM whey protein isolate is the cleanest form of whey protein. Isolation of the whey, using cross-flow microfiltration is the next processing step after concentration. It has a higher protein per serving ratio than whey concentrate . Whey isolates yield over 90 grams of protein per 100 grams of whey. It is virtually fat and lactose free. CFM Whey isolate yields a higher amount of BCAA, half of which come from the essential amino acids. Extremely digestible with a good taste.

CROSS-FLOW MICROFILTRATION....THE PROCESS DESCRIBED IN LAYMAN'S TERMS
Whey protein isolate can be manufactured using different methods. The Protein Factory carries three different whey isolate proteins. Thus we feel the need to inform our customers of each different method. Cross-Flow Microfiltration is a natural, high tech manufacturing process that uses ceramic filters to remove the fat, lactose, and other unwanted materials, hence isolating the protein. The protein is NOT subjected to chemicals, therefore protein is left unharmed and in its original state. This leads to added benefits over ion-exchange whey isolate, here are a few.

Iso-Chill Whey Isolate

Iso-Chill is an instantized whey isolate processed by a novel ultra-low temperature microfiltration to contain a full balance of undenatured bioactive whey proteins.

Iso-Chill whey isolate provides the user with an excellent source of whey protein without the complications of whey concentrate. Microfiltration whey isolate has a high proportion of branched chain amino acids and provides an excellent fuel source, not only for athletes preparing for competition, but also for ordinary people seeking a healthy lifestyle with a strong nutritional base. The powder tastes good and mixes well with any liquid. Microfiltration whey isolate can be used directly in the morning for quick protein utilization and/or after an intense workout. With the use of microfiltration whey isolate one can be sure they are using the highest quality whey protein isolate.

Ion Exchange Whey Isolate

Manufactured from fresh, sweet dairy whey. Using the ion-exchange process the proteins are separated on the basis of their electrical charge. The extraction works by controlling the electrical charge on the proteins using chemical reagents. The electrical charge on the proteins attaches them to resins in the reaction vessel. The product contains the proteins beta-lactoglobumin and alpha-lactalbumin. It is instantized and mixes very easily with a spoon. It is also fat and lactose free.

Ion-exchange whey isolate is excellent for any athlete wishing to try an alternative to whey concentrate. If one experiences bloating and other digestive problems, then IEWPI is a good choice. This protein mixes very easily with a spoon and probably is the best tasting protein.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Looking to order one of the following protein powders and trying to figure out if one is better than the other:

CFM Whey Isolate

CFM whey protein isolate is the cleanest form of whey protein. Isolation of the whey, using cross-flow microfiltration is the next processing step after concentration. It has a higher protein per serving ratio than whey concentrate . Whey isolates yield over 90 grams of protein per 100 grams of whey. It is virtually fat and lactose free. CFM Whey isolate yields a higher amount of BCAA, half of which come from the essential amino acids. Extremely digestible with a good taste.

CROSS-FLOW MICROFILTRATION....THE PROCESS DESCRIBED IN LAYMAN'S TERMS
Whey protein isolate can be manufactured using different methods. The Protein Factory carries three different whey isolate proteins. Thus we feel the need to inform our customers of each different method. Cross-Flow Microfiltration is a natural, high tech manufacturing process that uses ceramic filters to remove the fat, lactose, and other unwanted materials, hence isolating the protein. The protein is NOT subjected to chemicals, therefore protein is left unharmed and in its original state. This leads to added benefits over ion-exchange whey isolate, here are a few.

Iso-Chill Whey Isolate

Iso-Chill is an instantized whey isolate processed by a novel ultra-low temperature microfiltration to contain a full balance of undenatured bioactive whey proteins.

Iso-Chill whey isolate provides the user with an excellent source of whey protein without the complications of whey concentrate. Microfiltration whey isolate has a high proportion of branched chain amino acids and provides an excellent fuel source, not only for athletes preparing for competition, but also for ordinary people seeking a healthy lifestyle with a strong nutritional base. The powder tastes good and mixes well with any liquid. Microfiltration whey isolate can be used directly in the morning for quick protein utilization and/or after an intense workout. With the use of microfiltration whey isolate one can be sure they are using the highest quality whey protein isolate.

Ion Exchange Whey Isolate

Manufactured from fresh, sweet dairy whey. Using the ion-exchange process the proteins are separated on the basis of their electrical charge. The extraction works by controlling the electrical charge on the proteins using chemical reagents. The electrical charge on the proteins attaches them to resins in the reaction vessel. The product contains the proteins beta-lactoglobumin and alpha-lactalbumin. It is instantized and mixes very easily with a spoon. It is also fat and lactose free.

Ion-exchange whey isolate is excellent for any athlete wishing to try an alternative to whey concentrate. If one experiences bloating and other digestive problems, then IEWPI is a good choice. This protein mixes very easily with a spoon and probably is the best tasting protein.
Honestly, I've very doubtful you'll be able to tell a difference. I wouldn't bother to split hairs, each has their own pros and cons.

What you want to be concerned about is agglomeration and mixability IMHO.

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
this isnt on your list, but i have been taking ISO-100 the last few months and LOVE IT! hopefully we can convince crowler to hook up a deal for 5 lbs of his protein isolate so I can grab some of that.....if not, i think im going to try out all the whey. i have heard good things about them as well. in the end, protein is protein pretty much. get whatever tastes good and mixes well. eat right, train hard. you will get where you want to be.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As Toad mentioned, they are all very similar in nature, I prefer the Ion Exchange because it tastes the best of the three in my opinion, but I have read articles in the past that strongly back CFM

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Physique has helped me with my recovery time big time. I pesonally use that and its just wpi and mpi.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Ended up going with Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard.

Honestly, I've very doubtful you'll be able to tell a difference. I wouldn't bother to split hairs, each has their own pros and cons.

What you want to be concerned about is agglomeration and mixability IMHO.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
The Chocolate Mint and Strawberry flavors are incredible. YUMMY!