Best supplements for social anxiety?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. I deal with this type of anxiety by not being around people.I have to deal with people all day long at work.I have to be very social and I can turn that switch on while at work.Once off of work I cannot be around people for the most part.Cannot socialize at all not even with my friends.I used to be invited to go hang out and I would panic with the thought that I had to go socialize and be around people.Sucks very much.

2. Quote Originally Posted by GetTechBsc View Post
    Thanks for the response, It cool to know other people are out there and it sucks when most of them can't relate or even understand. I have found that having a good diet and propper sleep definitly help my anxieties a little. Here's the kicker, and I don't abuse or condone this. I take Ambien (to sleep) Everytime I take an ambien I want to connect with people, I want to talk, and be more socialable, I show more emotion such as happy, funny, and feel very extroverted. I'm don't act like some "stupid" drunk. In most cases people wouldn't even know I had taken an ambien 1 hr ago. All they would see is what I feel. This really leads me to beleive it is something with the brain that is inhibiting us from being ourselves. What do you think? Have you heard about Oxytocin spray to treat shyness?
    I do truly believe that something is wrong with us that prevents or inhibits us from being ourselves. That is what I feel all the time.. like i'm being held back.. like I can't be who I am inside. My mind won't allow me.

Part of it also truly is about not caring.. Like changing the way your mind works. Force of Green was talking about hitting rock bottom and in that situation it forces you to change. I understand what he means.. because I've hit some hard bottoms myself and every time it changed the way I thought and helped me grow mentally but it never truly "fixed" me.. Those moments of getting up from nothing only made me better. Also it's hard to not care about only one thing and care about other things. Balancing what you care about is difficult and only time and experience can change that. It's like old people .. they don't care what anyone thinks of them.. they are too old to care.. Our SA will probably not be as bad when we are in our 70's.. haha..

What is strange is anything that causing sedation or relaxation makes me more social.. Probably why ambien does that to you. I have never taken ambien but I don't want to either. I have been taking things to sleep for years. 5-htp, melatonin, gaba, zma, valerian, ect..

By far the best fix for social anxiety was alcohol back in the day.. Of course that lead to abuse though. I haven't touched a drink in a year.. so it's been a hard year trying to be social without any help. But I'm not going to use that crutch anymore.

have not heard of oxytocin.. however I get this homeopathic spray called rescue remedy that does help with stress and anxiety..

poor sleep almost guarantees anxiety.. It is very important to get proper sleep..
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by LatSpread View Post
    If you truly have social anxiety SSRI's such as Lexapro prescribed by your doctor are going to be a lot better than various forms of gaba, including xanex as taking gaba receptor products daily is a terrible idea. I cannot explain this to you scientifically but I know Patrick Arnold has expressed the same feeling as will your doctor if you talk to him. I know people who have taken phenibut or xanex for long periods of time and just cannot calm down anymore and are worse than they started off.

Gaba receptor products are good for every now and then, but certainly not every day use.
    I truly started to believe I was getting side effects from gaba products after I tried phenibut. I've never been the same after taking phenibut a number of times.. I feel like my anxiety is far worse because of that stuff. I am so easily prone to anxiety anymore.. it's crazy. I don't do that anymore but I probably should stay away from any gaba products. I do feel like I'm worse then when I started off. I've been using "gaba" enhancers since I was 18 or so.. so 7-8 years..

I wish I knew what I knew now and never touched anything. The wisdom i've gained would of prevented me from even touching alcohol... I feel like I could of been ok when I was younger if I understood what I needed better. Like maybe more people to talk to... better relationships.. take negativity out of my life.. but hey.. life is a lesson..

I am a big fan of 5-htp.. increasing serotonin will indirectly increase gaba. I've felt it work many times.. and Have not noticed any side effects. However.. taking 5-htp during the day time all the time will make u a little drousy and less social. It can start to make u feel lazy... so it's hard to win!

I've been taking kava kava as I've read its actually suppost to make gaba receptors more sensitive while using them at the same time. No other product which increases gaba does this.. So far so good with kava kava..

man i wish i could get my gaba receptors like they used to be.. I barely feel gaba release anymore.. Man.. I sure messed myself up more thats for sure...Thankfully i'm not getting seizures everyday as gaba is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter. .. yeah.. def wise to lay off gaba products for long term use.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

4. GHB was on the market a while back, but is now a class 1 controlled substance. When used properly, this is by far THE best substance for almost total disinhibition and mood. Par Deus has a big writeup on it at bodybuilding.com. He even made a product similar to it called tranquilii G. GHB = gamm hydroxy butyrate. It's like GABA, but with the hydroxy group replacing the amino group. It crosses the blood brain barrier very rapidly and must be dosed exactly.
    It is also an anti-oxidant.
    Freedom means nothing here.

5. alcohol...can talk to anybody who will listen.

6. Welp, doc put me on Zoloft.

We'll see what happens.

7. I'd give a finger for a gallon of ghb for social anxiety... honestly i would ha

8. Has anyone tried tranquilii G?

9. GHB did help, back in the day, but then everyone started taking it at clubs and stuff and having seizures. Sucks.

10. i too am on zoloft and xanax. xanax has been helping me sleep much better. the zoloft hasnt really kicked in yet for me to notice a change
    •   

11. dont take xanax take klonopin, i think its better. But nothing is better than good ol grass.

12. Quote Originally Posted by LatSpread View Post
    If you truly have social anxiety SSRI's such as Lexapro prescribed by your doctor are going to be a lot better than various forms of gaba, including xanex as taking gaba receptor products daily is a terrible idea. I cannot explain this to you scientifically but I know Patrick Arnold has expressed the same feeling as will your doctor if you talk to him. I know people who have taken phenibut or xanex for long periods of time and just cannot calm down anymore and are worse than they started off.

Gaba receptor products are good for every now and then, but certainly not every day use.

Also, don't use stims if you have social anxiety, even preWO.
    Lexapro and Ativan both left me FUBARed for years. I am not and have never been prone to depression, but Lexapro sent me into a deep depression. Then my doctor refused to ween me off, so I fired him on the spot and rolled back the doses myself. It took 4 years to recover from the deep dark moods that sh*t put me into. Up until 6 months ago, I was still popping Ativan about 3 times a week to combat anxiety, specifically in social situations. It also destroyed my metabolism.

The real change for me was the diet changes and supplementation I needed to fix the fat*ss I had become. I didn't realize it then, but shortly after I started eating 7-8 healthy meals per day and supplementing for workout and recovery, I finally made it back. When I started Recreate, I was very anxious, as any stims would send me into a deep anxiety back then. Now, after many months on Recreate and a Reset-AD/EndoAmp cycle, I can take almost anything and feel revved up instead of the chest-pounding, hyperventilating wreck I would have been before.

13. Quote Originally Posted by avenue Red View Post
    i too am on zoloft and xanax. xanax has been helping me sleep much better. the zoloft hasnt really kicked in yet for me to notice a change
    Zoloft will wreck your Libido..totally KILL it. Buspar has no sided except maybe a little dizziness until you get use to it. Its what I take (when needed). I couldn't take Zoloft sides.

14. Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    I'd give a finger for a gallon of ghb for social anxiety... honestly i would ha
    A gallon? Dang, that's gonna be a few paychecks

15. Prescription drugs can be good (ativan, etc), but the funny thing is that I haven't had any work better for anxiety than Stablon (tianeptine - a drug only available in europe) has worked for me. An activating anxiolytic..something that not only cuts out anxiety, but works as a nootropic, brightens your mood, and activates you without stimulating or causing agitation or lethargy. In fact, after the first couple weeks, i've had no negative sides from it at all.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Prescription drugs can be good (ativan, etc), but the funny thing is that I haven't had any work better for anxiety than Stablon (tianeptine - a drug only available in europe) has worked for me. An activating anxiolytic..something that not only cuts out anxiety, but works as a nootropic, brightens your mood, and activates you without stimulating or causing agitation or lethargy. In fact, after the first couple weeks, i've had no negative sides from it at all.
    Good ole Euro pharms! How've you been Gutterpump?

17. Hey, not bad! Started a new job here in nyc and getting back on track with things...been outta the loop and on the down-low for most of the summer!

i just joined a new gym here, Equinox, it's pretty damn nice and motivating me to get back on track with the routine again..

18. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Hey, not bad! Started a new job here in nyc and getting back on track with things...been outta the loop and on the down-low for most of the summer!

i just joined a new gym here, Equinox, it's pretty damn nice and motivating me to get back on track with the routine again..
    Good deal Gutterpump! Equinox is very 'prestigious' Nice gym to be at though I bet.

I'm back on the East Coast in Jersey. Working at a gym, but nothing like Equinox! haha!

19. Yeah definately...I gave in since it's in the gf's neighbourhood (and she's a member now) and also right at Union Square, where I transfer trains to get to work..so it's definitely convenient..not to mention there's no lines for equipment! The place is never packed with people. Worth the extra money$ to me.

How's Jersey treating you? I'm consulting for my company over in jersey city at exchange place atm.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Yeah definately...I gave in since it's in the gf's neighbourhood (and she's a member now) and also right at Union Square, where I transfer trains to get to work..so it's definitely convenient..not to mention there's no lines for equipment! The place is never packed with people. Worth the extra money$ to me.

How's Jersey treating you? I'm consulting for my company over in jersey city at exchange place atm.
    Jersey's treating me good so far! I have a decent job with growing clientel for personal training, I'm in very good physical shape again, I'm squared away with debt and the IRS, and I have a nice girlfriend.

My body is tired and lately I am scrounging the bottom of the barrel for workout motivation.

21. Ah well that's good to hear things are going well..it sounds like you're definitely in a better environment now too.

This new job is draining me so I'm finding it hard to keep to a normal routine too. I'm just piecing together a new diet and routine / schedule though. Going to try a CKD + DC training for the first time...but I want to plan it out perfectly before starting so I don't get off track again...

22. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Ah well that's good to hear things are going well..it sounds like you're definitely in a better environment now too.

This new job is draining me so I'm finding it hard to keep to a normal routine too. I'm just piecing together a new diet and routine / schedule though. Going to try a CKD + DC training for the first time...but I want to plan it out perfectly before starting so I don't get off track again...
    Nice! I wish you the best with that combo! DC is tough and I could not follow a CKD anymore... lol. I don't know man, Godspeed!

23. Thansk I might need it lol..I think a TKD might be easier. It's when I previously tried to transition from a TKD to a CKD when I failed at both. I was holding the TKD pretty well though for a while lol.

24. Quote Originally Posted by johnegq22 View Post
    GHB did help, back in the day, but then everyone started taking it at clubs and stuff and having seizures. Sucks.
    That's with abuse or regular use? What were the sides with regular use of ghb?

25. Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    That's with abuse or regular use? What were the sides with regular use of ghb?
    If you need answers about this compound, I can guarantee that no one has as much experience with this stuff as I. It's illegal and the experiments were done on rats though.

GHB is a VERY mistreated compound. On paper AND in research, it's too good to be true. In this case, LITERALLY, too much of this good thing is NOT good. Taken by itself, with no other contradicting substances, a healthy person/subject would have a very hard time dying from an overdose of this compound. Many who wake up in the ER are ones that took too much and didn't tell the people he/she was with that he/she took 'g'.

All of the cases of death or harm that involved 'g' also involved other compounds. A couple of the cases involved individuals with undiagnosed epilepsy.

26. How well does the rescue remedy work? How about the Kava Kava. It's a shame because people with SAD and shyness have difficult times creating and maintaing inter personal relationships with people. It is difficult for them to just go out and have fun. Oh and if they are around someone who has a strong outgoing personality......ouch.....That just closes our walls in even more. It has been a hurdle for a long time for me and I keep seeking answers. Maybe with both of our brains we just might find the solution we can use.......

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    I do truly believe that something is wrong with us that prevents or inhibits us from being ourselves. That is what I feel all the time.. like i'm being held back.. like I can't be who I am inside. My mind won't allow me.

Part of it also truly is about not caring.. Like changing the way your mind works. Force of Green was talking about hitting rock bottom and in that situation it forces you to change. I understand what he means.. because I've hit some hard bottoms myself and every time it changed the way I thought and helped me grow mentally but it never truly "fixed" me.. Those moments of getting up from nothing only made me better. Also it's hard to not care about only one thing and care about other things. Balancing what you care about is difficult and only time and experience can change that. It's like old people .. they don't care what anyone thinks of them.. they are too old to care.. Our SA will probably not be as bad when we are in our 70's.. haha..

What is strange is anything that causing sedation or relaxation makes me more social.. Probably why ambien does that to you. I have never taken ambien but I don't want to either. I have been taking things to sleep for years. 5-htp, melatonin, gaba, zma, valerian, ect..

By far the best fix for social anxiety was alcohol back in the day.. Of course that lead to abuse though. I haven't touched a drink in a year.. so it's been a hard year trying to be social without any help. But I'm not going to use that crutch anymore.

have not heard of oxytocin.. however I get this homeopathic spray called rescue remedy that does help with stress and anxiety..

poor sleep almost guarantees anxiety.. It is very important to get proper sleep..

27. All this eventually give you a bad attitude and you really just stop caring about things or people.....its a sucky trap

28. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    If you need answers about this compound, I can guarantee that no one has as much experience with this stuff as I. It's illegal and the experiments were done on rats though.

GHB is a VERY mistreated compound. On paper AND in research, it's too good to be true. In this case, LITERALLY, too much of this good thing is NOT good. Taken by itself, with no other contradicting substances, a healthy person/subject would have a very hard time dying from an overdose of this compound. Many who wake up in the ER are ones that took too much and didn't tell the people he/she was with that he/she took 'g'.

All of the cases of death or harm that involved 'g' also involved other compounds. A couple of the cases involved individuals with undiagnosed epilepsy.
    I think I could give you a run for your money on that one... If it wasnt for g I would not have graduated College, my anxiety was that bad... cant lie and say it wasnt fun but anyway

29. Quote Originally Posted by GetTechBsc View Post
    How well does the rescue remedy work? How about the Kava Kava. It's a shame because people with SAD and shyness have difficult times creating and maintaing inter personal relationships with people. It is difficult for them to just go out and have fun. Oh and if they are around someone who has a strong outgoing personality......ouch.....That just closes our walls in even more. It has been a hurdle for a long time for me and I keep seeking answers. Maybe with both of our brains we just might find the solution we can use.......
    Careful with abbreviations in psych disorders. SAD is also Seasonal Affective Disorder

30. People with anxiety disorders should also get a hormone profile checked out...low test or high estrogen can cause it. I'm doing TRT now, but whenever I did a light cycle before, any and all anxiety disappeared.

Adrenals can also be a big factor. Pregnenalone + dhea along with some phosphatidylserine can help a lot.

Similar Forum Threads

1. best supplements for anxiety?
    By bill86 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
  2. Best supplements for anxiety
    By machine528 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
  3. Best supplement for getting ripped
    By Gym4Life in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 03:51 AM
  4. The best supplementation for awesome gains is indirect.
    By Aeternitatis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 07:23 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 04:55 PM