Help a Total NOOB out.. Please

Korben

Korben

Awards
I have been working out for about a year now, and have had decent success. I mean i have packed about 7-10 lbs of muscle on my frame and my waist has shrunk for a 32 to a 30. I was just wondering what supplement regiment I need to do. I totally clueless on this front. Right now I am taking Xyience XFBam just to help me get a little more definition. I would like to be a little bigger and much more defined. Besides the XFBam, I drink muscle milk for protein and that is all. I was wondering should I start a N.O. regiment or a stack or what? And if so what products. Other particulars you may need to know Age: 22 Height: 5'6" Weight: 155. My current work out schedule is a rotation of a chest and back day; arm day; and leg day. I also run 4-5 miles a day and ab work outs each day. Thanks for the help guys!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Food, protein powders, essential amino acid supplement, and don't forget your veggies.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
At the stage you are at I believe you are ready for some creatine in my opinion. I personally love SMASH --- great stuff! It has 3g of total creatine in it, it also has a N.O blend and an Energy blend. You take it about 20 min pre-workout and you will be lifting I am sure a lot harder than you have been, which should lead to -- in turn some big gains.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Food, protein powders, essential amino acid supplement, and don't forget your veggies.
I have to agree ^^^^^and like bLackJack said Smash would be a great addition also!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Supplements seem to be the easy way, but food is extremely important. Eating 7-8 meals a day low GI carbs, 40% protein, 40%carbs, 20% fat would be a good starting point.

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
a few things i noticed right away:

1) your running EVERYday and doing abs EVERYday? no need for this, give your body a break a little. Run about 4-5 times a week, and abs well thats your call, i wouldnt work them out more than 3 times a week.

2)Whats your diet look like?? this could potentially be a big reason your not getting the gains you want

3) Dont start an NO Regime....NO is trash.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
2)Whats your diet look like?? this could potentially be a big reason your not getting the gains you want
Yeap, this will make or break you. If your diet isn't in order, then you aren't supplying your body the building blocks it needs for the results you are looking for.

I can tell a huge difference when my diet is in order and when it isn't.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
Well,well,well and what seems to be your basis for such a remark?
experience......i will say, pumps are decent, but thats the only advantages i have ever experienced from ANY NO products.....got one that does more??

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
3) Dint start an NO Regime....NO is trash.[/QUOTE]

not to redirect the thread or anything but my experience has been less than productive w/ n.o. products.....little more energy, looking a little more vascular but thats about it...just my experience until now....if there is a proven n.o. product out there let me know I'm willing to try it and spend money on it if it works!

Korben

Korben

Awards
My diet is of course sup-par. I am a rather busy and don't have time to make my own food. So for breakfast it is usually oatmeal or a multi-grain cereal. Lunch well if I get lunch anything from a salad to sub, chicken breast veggies, (Maybe on rare occasions which ever fast food restaurant is closest but i at least eat small portions when this occurs). Dinner is much like lunch what is available and quick. I wish I could eat better but when you are a broke college student, taking full semester hours with 12 hours of upper level biology and chemistry, just working out is more than most. If you have any advice as to how to develop a diet i am ALL EARS. and BTW thanks for all the responses!

Wildor

Wildor

Awards
I buy a load of protein bars and keep them in my car

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
My diet is of course sup-par. I am a rather busy and don't have time to make my own food. So for breakfast it is usually oatmeal or a multi-grain cereal. Lunch well if I get lunch anything from a salad to sub, chicken breast veggies, (Maybe on rare occasions which ever fast food restaurant is closest but i at least eat small portions when this occurs). Dinner is much like lunch what is available and quick. I wish I could eat better but when you are a broke college student, taking full semester hours with 12 hours of upper level biology and chemistry, just working out is more than most. If you have any advice as to how to develop a diet i am ALL EARS. and BTW thanks for all the responses!

Okay big guy. Let me tell you a story. There was a fat boy, he was 13. Decided to train in his granfather's basement. He managed to be enough confident to get in a gym. He was getting good results, but was very lean, and didn't know what to eat. Sometimes he was eating granola bars, and there was no real change in diet, but he was a bit more muscular and leaner. He eventually reached a plateau, and tried all kinds of supps to gain weight. After about 15 different stims, mass builders, etc... He was pretty much at the same point. He decided to change his diet and eat more frequently, and take the staples. He saw good results, but was eating the exact same thing everyday (40-40-20). He was very discouraged, as he thought he did everything in his power to reach his goals. He heard about a trainer. At this point, he was ready to do anything to reach his strict goals. So he buys the trainer's plan, and guess what, he gains about 25 lbs of mass in no time!

So why did I spend all that time writing this? Because it's me. Exactly me. So what do I mean, and what is the point? A good diet, 8 meals a day, 40P-40C-20F as well as DIFFERENT PLANS are keys to gain mass. I didn't beleive my trainer when he told me that I could grow without supps. I did it, and gained crazy width and thickness. I am almost 200 lbs, and very proud of my achievements. So if you don't have the money, just include sweet potatoes, chicken breast, milk, whole eggs, oatmeal, olive oil, peanut butter, steak, greens (very important), whey, etc.. and establish a good diet for everyday of the week, and don't improvise. Make it, and follow it. Variation is key.

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
Okay big guy. Let me tell you a story. There was a fat boy, he was 13. Decided to train in his granfather's basement. He managed to be enough confident to get in a gym. He was getting good results, but was very lean, and didn't know what to eat. Sometimes he was eating granola bars, and there was no real change in diet, but he was a bit more muscular and leaner. He eventually reached a plateau, and tried all kinds of supps to gain weight. After about 15 different stims, mass builders, etc... He was pretty much at the same point. He decided to change his diet and eat more frequently, and take the staples. He saw good results, but was eating the exact same thing everyday (40-40-20). He was very discouraged, as he thought he did everything in his power to reach his goals. He heard about a trainer. At this point, he was ready to do anything to reach his strict goals. So he buys the trainer's plan, and guess what, he gains about 25 lbs of mass in no time!

So why did I spend all that time writing this? Because it's me. Exactly me. So what do I mean, and what is the point? A good diet, 8 meals a day, 40P-40C-20F as well as DIFFERENT PLANS are keys to gain mass. I didn't beleive my trainer when he told me that I could grow without supps. I did it, and gained crazy width and thickness. I am almost 200 lbs, and very proud of my achievements. So if you don't have the money, just include sweet potatoes, chicken breast, milk, whole eggs, oatmeal, olive oil, peanut butter, steak, greens (very important), whey, etc.. and establish a good diet for everyday of the week, and don't improvise. Make it, and follow it. Variation is key.
POST OF THE YEAR

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
yeah it did.. made me realize i have to work a little harder
If this is really what you want, you'll get it and will find it easy. Good luck reaching your goals :thumbsup:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
yeah it did.. made me realize i have to work a little harder
Always remember my friend --- You have to start somewhere. If you are eating 2 huge meals per day currently, increase it to 3, then 4, to 5 and so on. My main point is you have to start somewhere, don't get discouraged and give up because you can't eat 8 right now. And understand the 7-8 meals you will eventually be eating may even be the same calories you are consuming now, just split up into 8 helpings instead of 2.

Hope this helps man. GL, and remember to ask questions if you ever wonder about something. Thats what we are here for.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Great post.

Take it easy. No need to jump in head-first and burn yourself out on the gym before you ever get started. That is, unless you're the type who doesn't have an issue with drastically changing your lifestyle / eating habits overnight.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
experience......i will say, pumps are decent, but thats the only advantages i have ever experienced from ANY NO products.....got one that does more??
Im no big fan of them myself.I just think its a poor move to trash a whole line of supps just because you didnt like them thats all.

Hopefully Ill be finding one that does more than just a pump soon.But I remember when I started lifting and used my first creatine product and I swole up like 6lbs in a wk.It was very motivating if nothing else so if someone who is just starting out wants to use a NO product if nothing else it will help with motivation.Especially since when we all first started our patience for gains was probably much less than it is now.

Korben

Korben

Awards
Thanks for all the help everyone. This is one of the most helpful forums i have ever been on. Thanks so much again!