Question about TTA and Metformin.

  1. Registered User
    Cavallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0

    Question about TTA and Metformin.


    OK, I joined for the sole purpose of asking this question. I figured I'd ask it here since it seems as if there is more human experience with TTA in this forum than in PubMed.

    I'm not a bodybuilder - yet. I am, however, returning to the gym after a long absence.

    My fasting blood sugar is in the high-pre to low diabetic range, and I'll be on metformin soon.

    The question is, how advisable would it be to combine metformin with TTA? It seems like a natural combination with TTA's apparent insulin-sensitizing ability. Is the notion that metformin doesn't work its mojo on fat cells accurate, or just hype?

    Any and all opinions are appreciated, and yes - I know that none of this constitutes medical advice, etc...

  2. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0


    What are you doing about your diet? This should be your first concern.

    You need to avoid starchy carbs unless you have exercised. Other wise, you need to stick to veggies and some fruits for your carb sources.
  3. Registered User
    Cavallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0


    I low-carb as a matter of course (and have for years with varying degrees of success) but overall I'm pretty good. I avoid anything starchy - no grains or legumes. Fruit is limited to berries. I've read Atkins, and Zone, and Protein Power, and Bernstein and most of the major low-carb religions, so I pretty much know the drill.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallo View Post
    I low-carb as a matter of course (and have for years with varying degrees of success) but overall I'm pretty good. I avoid anything starchy - no grains or legumes. Fruit is limited to berries. I've read Atkins, and Zone, and Protein Power, and Bernstein and most of the major low-carb religions, so I pretty much know the drill.
    And you are still "high-pre to low diabetic range, and I'll be on metformin soon."?

    Well good luck, I have no experience with either of those in question. My fiancÚ was diagnosed with such as well, and helping her change her diet was the answer.
  5. Registered User
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Answers
    0


    Be mindful of the fact that there are studies that show Metaformin can lower free test lvls.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  6. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by rampage jackson View Post
    Be mindful of the fact that there are studies that show Metaformin can lower free test lvls.
    Anabolic Pump does not.
  7. Registered User
    Cavallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    And you are still "high-pre to low diabetic range, and I'll be on metformin soon."?

    Well good luck, I have no experience with either of those in question. My fiancÚ was diagnosed with such as well, and helping her change her diet was the answer.
    I suppose, to be fair, I could try being a complete radical and do an Atkins-style fat-fast to see what that does to my blood sugar numbers. However, I'd like to be able to strike a balance between insulin control and a normal life. I mean, it's not as if I expect to go out and eat a steady stream of donuts and ice-cream, but I'd like to maybe have a diet that's not so restrictive as to preclude the occasional ear of sweet corn when it's in season. If it takes medication to do that, I've got no problem with it (within reason, of course.)
  8. Registered User
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Anabolic Pump does not.
    True... I miss YG though!
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  9. Registered User
    RexGrandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    219
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Anabolic Pump does not.
    wtf? You can't just suggest (and you post seemed quite suggestive to me) that somebody use your herbal crap instead of medication intended to treat or prevent a specific condition (diabetes).
  10. Registered User
    Cavallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by RexGrandis View Post
    wtf? You can't just suggest (and you post seemed quite suggestive to me) that somebody use your herbal crap instead of medication intended to treat or prevent a specific condition (diabetes).
    I processed that one as a complete non-sequitur. "Well, metformin may lower free testosterone, but my left shoe has a little piece of toilet-paper stuck to it." That kind of thing.

    But, so anyway...

    No TTA gurus willing to speculate wildly?
  11. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Answers
    0


    I would post this either in the DS forum or pm their head guy. he seems to know a lot about it
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Question about PCT and MIT
    By NPCNJ in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 03:54 PM
  2. questions about transdermals and liver
    By sushibug in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 09:36 AM
  3. question about recovery and hormones
    By dlduree in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2003, 04:52 PM
  4. Quick question about Anabolics and cutting
    By Bryan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 07:15 AM
  5. got questions about stack and cycle
    By puck up in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 09:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in