Non-responder to stimulants/nootropics Question?

Cerberus

Awards
To all,

From 2001 to now, I've yet to encounter a stimulant that I feel -- continually.

I know I'm going to forget substance/products, but here is a listing of things I've tried:

Ephedra/caffeine drinks/pills
Neurostim
SPIKE
Powerdrive
AMP (felt something first time, after that -- nothing)
Leviathan (took 4 caps instead of 2. Still nothing!)
GO! (felt this about 5-6 times. I tried taking 6 scoops the other day, nothing)
No-Explode
Fast Twitch
Piracetam
Chocamine
ALCAR
L-Tyrosine

I've always taken these supplements on an empty stomach as well.

Is there any suggestions to as why I'm not sensitive to anything from the above list? There anything I can do to make myself sensitive? Blood work needed?

Thanks in advance.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been using stimulants for? If you answer that you have been using them constantly for a LONG nuff time then I suggest you go totally off stims (its hard) for a month then try again. I used to barely feel stronger stims then I decided to take a break and just used low amounts Caffeine (to avoid total withdrawl). Now when I use a strong stim I can barely handle it. I kinda like how I feel not using strong stims so I just stopped using them after I got over it...

Cerberus

Awards
How long have you been using stimulants for? If you answer that you have been using them constantly for a LONG nuff time then I suggest you go totally off stims (its hard) for a month then try again. I used to barely feel stronger stims then I decided to take a break and just used low amounts Caffeine (to avoid total withdrawl). Now when I use a strong stim I can barely handle it. I kinda like how I feel not using strong stims so I just stopped using them after I got over it...
Great question.

I use them very occasionally. I don't even drink coffee that often either. When I do, it's a small americano from starbucks. I try to limit the use of them for needed situations, but they always have failed me.

I find it amazing that I need about 800mg of caffeine to actually feel something, but that something isn't mind blowing energy.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
I find it amazing that I need about 800mg of caffeine to actually feel something, but that something isn't mind blowing energy.
really? 800mg is a lot. i remember reading studies that say there is no additional benefit in terms of energy pass 200mg. of course, its likely dependent on many variables so i doubt there is 1 standard for an entire population. still, 800mg is 4x the amount.

are you taking anything that is an adenosine antagonist or increases epinephrine or norepinephrine? do you overtrain? i only ask because it may be due to a chemical imbalance.

Cerberus

Awards
really? 800mg is a lot. i remember reading studies that say there is no additional benefit in terms of energy pass 200mg. of course, its likely dependent on many variables so i doubt there is 1 standard for an entire population. still, 800mg is 4x the amount.

are you taking anything that is an adenosine antagonist or increases epinephrine or norepinephrine? do you overtrain? i only ask because it may be due to a chemical imbalance.
I follow a chuck rudolph type diet.

I train 3-4x / week

Sleep 7-8 hours on weekdays, 8-9 on weekends

I don't drink, smoke, or any of that other stuff.

I currently take the following supplements:
BCAA during workouts
(no post workout btw)
Pro Liver (not for insurance from anabolics, just health)
ZMA
ADAMS multi
Fish Oil (10 grams / day - 1.2 dha / day)
Occasional casein usage in oatmeal or shakes

10% bf (bod pod - 3-19-07)
209 lbs
5' 7"

I'm on ZERO medication.

Cerberus

Awards
I've tried Thermal Rage, and Redline from VPX (both can and capsules) -- nothing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bell1986 Nootropics 22
Anabolics 18
Supplements 6
Gutterpump Nootropics 25
Anabolics 13