Confidence and Nootropics

NuruddinZangi

Awards
hey guys,

i've got a pretty big lecture at a conference coming up in my university, and i was hoping for some extra help for added confidence. i'm usually pretty nervous before these things, and start to get GI troubles, but i end up doing ok when i make myself stand upright with a good confident posture... it really has an effect on your mood and makes you confidence.

still, wondering if there's something that could help out more..

maybe chocamine?

Caffeine-free Spike or Powerdrive from Biotest?

Anything I can find on Nutraplanet maybe?

i've never tried nootropics before. only some bacopa pills but not sure if they did anything.

thanks.

NuruddinZangi

Awards
gonna go sleep now, will check for replies tomorrow. (living in middle east)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Take a look at Focus XT --- from SNS. This worked well for me.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chocamine is FANTASTIC for overall mood and confidence/focus.

There are also some VERY good quality Noot formulas out. Check out Clear Edge, Focus XT, GO!, and Neurostim+C.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hey guys,

i've got a pretty big lecture at a conference coming up in my university, and i was hoping for some extra help for added confidence. i'm usually pretty nervous before these things, and start to get GI troubles, but i end up doing ok when i make myself stand upright with a good confident posture... it really has an effect on your mood and makes you confidence.

still, wondering if there's something that could help out more..

maybe chocamine?

Caffeine-free Spike or Powerdrive from Biotest?

Anything I can find on Nutraplanet maybe?

i've never tried nootropics before. only some bacopa pills but not sure if they did anything.

thanks.
All Caffiene free spike is is Sulbutamine.

Hey Dsade=) waves

NuruddinZangi

Awards
All Caffiene free spike is is Sulbutamine.

Hey Dsade=) waves

thanks everyone for the replies.

is sulbutamine in any of the above-mentioned formulas?

and what do ppl think about PEA as well?

i really wanna try chocamine. but i'm worried about Egyptian customs officials not knowing what it is and giving me a hard time... maybe i should stick to something that comes in pills or capsules.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks everyone for the replies.

is sulbutamine in any of the above-mentioned formulas?

i really wanna try chocamine. but i'm worried about Egyptian customs officials not knowing what it is and giving me a hard time... maybe i should stick to something that comes in pills.
sulbutamine is the main Ingredient in Spike. Its a b-analouge vitamin. I use it and have to tesitfy it works!! Dsade might know a little more about Sulbutamine than I. Talk to him about it. Dsade?

I like Pea. you have to start off with a smaller dose of Pea if your body isnt used to it. you also have to take a mao inhibitor with it or its useless. Sporatic use is advised with Pea/Hord.

NuruddinZangi

Awards
sulbutamine is the main Ingredient in Spike. Its a b-analouge vitamin. I use it and have to tesitfy it works!! Dsade might know a little more about Sulbutamine than I. Talk to him about it. Dsade?

I like Pea. you have to start off with a smaller dose of Pea if your body isnt used to it. you also have to take a mao inhibitor with it or its useless. Sporatic use is advised with Pea/Hord.

but would you say sulbutamine works in the situation i described? confidence or relaxation or something for a big lecture?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Immodium ain't no joke.

It's worse then the squirts, feels like someone poured a load of concrete up your bowels and it set.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Immodium ain't no joke.

It's worse then the squirts, feels like someone poured a load of concrete up your bowels and it set.
That's better than stress induced diarhea when he's got to give an important business talk. Think of it as slapping a bandage on the wound and going back into the battle. Taking care of the job comes first.

NuruddinZangi

Awards
That's better than stress induced diarhea when he's got to give an important business talk. Think of it as slapping a bandage on the wound and going back into the battle. Taking care of the job comes first.

well its not diarrhea. it's.. hard to explain. my stomach starts making noises for example.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's stress all right. Check out some L-Theanine and Rhodiola caps by Now. I have given quit a few presentations over the last few weeks and found that taking about 300mg Theanine and 500mg Rhodiola along with a serving of Poseidon really makes the stress less. Plus the cognition engine seems to be upregulated which is great for those Q&A you tend to get hammered with afterwards.

Another great thing to do is actually try to schedule some smaller presentations a few weeks out from your big one. Try to find ways in which you can present a mini speech via guest speaker in a class, teaching something at a local gym or club. Anything that can get your feet even a little wet with talking will really make all the difference when the big one finally gets here.

NuruddinZangi

Awards
That's stress all right. Check out some L-Theanine and Rhodiola caps by Now. I have given quit a few presentations over the last few weeks and found that taking about 300mg Theanine and 500mg Rhodiola along with a serving of Poseidon really makes the stress less. Plus the cognition engine seems to be upregulated which is great for those Q&A you tend to get hammered with afterwards.

Another great thing to do is actually try to schedule some smaller presentations a few weeks out from your big one. Try to find ways in which you can present a mini speech via guest speaker in a class, teaching something at a local gym or club. Anything that can get your feet even a little wet with talking will really make all the difference when the big one finally gets here.

is there a relationship between l-theanine and sulbutiamine?

i ended up just buying a bottle of caffeine-free spike and a small packets of normal spike to test them out. cause most other noot's that were recommended had caffeine in them, and i wanted something without just to be sure. tho i will see also how i react to normal spike. and i didnt want to try and get bulk powders cause of egyptian customs.

do you think the rhodiola caps by NOW would be good quality?

as for the mini-lecture thing, you're right, that would be great and hopefully im gonna have at least two class presentations before then. maybe i'll somehow make myself give more.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Theanine is an amino acid that clinically has shown some benefits in regards to cognitive functions, whereas sulb is a b analogue.... so no real relation to the two.

NOW has always been a top quality supplement company, so IMO any product you buy off of them is going to be a good product bottom line. I think quality is one of the main reasons so many people are avid followers of the NOW line.

Defenitly give the small lecture stuff a try. I had a huge hour long presentation I had to give last week and thought it was going to be hard to get out of it alive. Fortunately I did some smaller presentations thru out the course of the semester and by the time the BIG one came around I was golden. No real worries what so ever, just keep in mind that with any public speach the first 15 seconds are the worst.... after that it gets a lot smoother.

NuruddinZangi

Awards
Theanine is an amino acid that clinically has shown some benefits in regards to cognitive functions, whereas sulb is a b analogue.... so no real relation to the two.

NOW has always been a top quality supplement company, so IMO any product you buy off of them is going to be a good product bottom line. I think quality is one of the main reasons so many people are avid followers of the NOW line.

Defenitly give the small lecture stuff a try. I had a huge hour long presentation I had to give last week and thought it was going to be hard to get out of it alive. Fortunately I did some smaller presentations thru out the course of the semester and by the time the BIG one came around I was golden. No real worries what so ever, just keep in mind that with any public speach the first 15 seconds are the worst.... after that it gets a lot smoother.

first 15 seconds eh? that's true.... now if only i could somehow....

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
..... tell a joke that's 15 seconds long.:D

Ecuaman

Awards
i'm taking the new powerfull and i feel confident everyday

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
you may wanna consider an alternate. confidence does not always relieve nervousness. sure, it will help but you need to be calm and relaxed to overcome nervousness. theanine is a good option. neurobalance seems like it would benefit you here being a GABA agonist. GABA production leads to these relaxed feelings. yeahright did an excellant log on neurobalance if you search for it. it could be of great benefit.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I took a public speaking class last year , in which I loved! Some tools..before the speech ..take some alone time....closing your eyes and visuilzing the speech and seeing it exacly the way you want it to go...even visulizing the audience giving a standing Ovation..and hear the hands clapping.This is a secret many german atheletics used during the O games. Of course positive talking/thinking, if you really think you need it.You can use it for anything. Yes it works pretty well.
Another thing stand in front of a mirror and practice it a few times, practicing on your voicetone, wording, etc..its ok to have the script in front of you. As you get practice it becomes fun.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
to build what smeton stated, i always think about listening to others present. whether in school or in the workplace, i never cared if somebody screwed up and i doubt anybody else did either yet the presenter is still hard on himself and feels nervous and embarassed. we are all human and prone to make mistakes here and there. most people critique themselves much beyond their audience. unless critiquing is part of their job, such as a hiring manager, people arent overly concerned with performance. i like to mix in jokes where appropriate or include my audience to keep everyone attentive and interested. after doing it for awhile, it becomes fun (i love attention).

NuruddinZangi

Awards
to build what smeton stated, i always think about listening to others present. whether in school or in the workplace, i never cared if somebody screwed up and i doubt anybody else did either yet the presenter is still hard on himself and feels nervous and embarassed. we are all human and prone to make mistakes here and there. most people critique themselves much beyond their audience. unless critiquing is part of their job, such as a hiring manager, people arent overly concerned with performance. i like to mix in jokes where appropriate or include my audience to keep everyone attentive and interested. after doing it for awhile, it becomes fun (i love attention).

that's true. i dont care if a presenter makes a mistake. and in fact the last two presentations i made everyone loved me.

so i dunno why i still get worried. you're right, i should like the attention.

also smeton- i agree visualization is amazing. it works also for physical challenges. a lot of times when trying to learn new moves for martial arts, or trying to master some kind of difficult jump movement or anything, you just have to visualize doing it. i can never forget how when i was a kid we had to do gymnastics in school and there was this jump i failed again and again and again. so i sat at the back and closed my eyes and imagined myself doing it in perfect form then i went and did it perfectly. but yeah , i have just decided thanks to you that i should try to find a way to take a course in giving lectures or presentations. for me its very important in the future to be able to speak to large audiences.

JWest0926

Awards
sulbutamine in any of the above-mentioned formulas?

DOES anyone sell Subl caps or PEA Caps? I'd really like to try these, but i dont want to cap myself, i assume the powder would not be dosing effective.

Please advise, would love to buy these capped!

Thank you!

Jon

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
that's true. i dont care if a presenter makes a mistake. and in fact the last two presentations i made everyone loved me.

so i dunno why i still get worried. you're right, i should like the attention.
You sound like a type I in the Meyers Briggs type indicator test. You gain energy (if you will) from thought - not so much other people. Folks that don't really like speaking in front of others are typically ones that are always deep in thought and have to think things through to themselves before they are really able to discuss.
(Many engineers I work with are like this. I however am an E - I piss most of them off with my big azz mouth. :lol:)

NuruddinZangi

Awards
You sound like a type I in the Meyers Briggs type indicator test. You gain energy (if you will) from thought - not so much other people. Folks that don't really like speaking in front of others are typically ones that are always deep in thought and have to think things through to themselves before they are really able to discuss.
(Many engineers I work with are like this. I however am an E - I piss most of them off with my big azz mouth. :lol:)

well ive been away from home for the past three days and have to leave now too, so i'll be back tomorrow hopefully to continue this discussion. but what's type I ? does I simply stand for introverted? or does I stand for a complex combination of things?