Creatine Debate !!!

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im trying to get peeps opinion on creatine and mostly the delivery system..I have read all about the non responders ect.I have access to Twinlab Creatine Nitrate fuel at a dirt cheap price and just wondering why it was discontinued

My concern is the sugar content and this stuff making me gain fat.I dont take this all the time but when I feel depleted it gives me a nice charge..

Here is what's in it:

4.2 Lbs. Fruit Punch
Supplement Facts
Serving Size2Level Scoops(97g)
Servings Per Container20

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 300
Calories From Fat 5
Total Fat 0.5g 1%*
Cholesterol 5mg 2%*
Total Carbohydrate 69g 23%*
Sugars 32g †
Protein 6g 12%*
Calcium(from Calcium Phosphate) 430mg 43%
Phosphorus(from Calcium Phosphate) 200mg 20%
Magnesium(from Creatine Magnesium Chelate) 200mg 50%
Sodium 45mg 2%

CreaTx™ Blend 10g †
Creatine Monohydrate 7.5g †
Creatine Magnesium Chelate 2.5g †
NitratePump Complex 250mg †
L-Arginine Hydrochloride And L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate

Cinnulin PF™ Cinnamon Bark Extract(Source Of Methylhydroxychalcone Polymer [MHCP]) 200mg †
Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten(Source Of Glutamine Peptides) 2g †
Taurine 2g †

* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
† Daily Value (DV) not established

Other Ingredients
Multi-Stage Carb Blend (Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Trehalose, Maltose), Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Concentrate, Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Red #40

Directions: As a

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, I just buy my creatine in bulk, and mix it with an amount of carbs with which I know I can handle.

I don't think the massive insulin spike caused by so many creatine blends causes a good muscle:fat gain ratio. I'd rather take a slightly hindered absorption of creatine and not gain fat from it.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Personally, I just buy my creatine in bulk, and mix it with an amount of carbs with which I know I can handle.

I don't think the massive insulin spike caused by so many creatine blends causes a good muscle:fat gain ratio. I'd rather take a slightly hindered absorption of creatine and not gain fat from it.
I agree 100%. Way too much sugar for me. I stick with bulk CEE with great results..

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you are taking the ethyl ester you dont need to load it with carbs, the ester takes care of the transportation of the material. Then it is just a matter of taste

delton

delton

Awards
If you are taking the ethyl ester you dont need to load it with carbs, the ester takes care of the transportation of the material. Then it is just a matter of taste
Absolutely. CEE (ethyl ester) is better in so many ways... no loading phase, dissolves instantly, no sugar needed, less total product required, doesn't convert to creatinine in acidic solution... but the taste!

I've used CEE for close to three years now, and I have a solution for the taste that works for me. Two steps:

1) Use lukewarm water. Then you can chug it. Less time in your mouth = less bad taste.

2) Add something sour. At different times, I've used citruline malate, pyroglutamic acid, acetyl L-carnitine, or even lemon juice. In my case, I often want to take one of those anyway, and you can get them all in bulk, and they're all acidic. The sour helps a lot to cover the bitter CEE flavor.

Remember to drink a lot of water, and then drink even more. CEE pulls water into your tissues so quickly that you won't have much trouble doing this. When I do CEE in the morning, my weight goes up by two pounds, minimum.

Example: this morning (just now) I dissolved 1.5 tsp of CEE in 20 oz of lukewarm water with 1/4 tsp of pyroglutamic acid. I drank this before eating anything else, and then immediately drank another 20 oz. of a protein shake. I then had more H20 in my oatmeal and tea, and I'll drink more water in an hour or two.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Be careful if you take CEE while wearing:icon_lol: the Fizogen Strap your arms will explode!

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Absolutely. CEE (ethyl ester) is better in so many ways... no loading phase, dissolves instantly, no sugar needed, less total product required, doesn't convert to creatinine in acidic solution... but the taste!

I've used CEE for close to three years now, and I have a solution for the taste that works for me. Two steps:

1) Use lukewarm water. Then you can chug it. Less time in your mouth = less bad taste.

2) Add something sour. At different times, I've used citruline malate, pyroglutamic acid, acetyl L-carnitine, or even lemon juice. In my case, I often want to take one of those anyway, and you can get them all in bulk, and they're all acidic. The sour helps a lot to cover the bitter CEE flavor.

Remember to drink a lot of water, and then drink even more. CEE pulls water into your tissues so quickly that you won't have much trouble doing this. When I do CEE in the morning, my weight goes up by two pounds, minimum.

Example: this morning (just now) I dissolved 1.5 tsp of CEE in 20 oz of lukewarm water with 1/4 tsp of pyroglutamic acid. I drank this before eating anything else, and then immediately drank another 20 oz. of a protein shake. I then had more H20 in my oatmeal and tea, and I'll drink more water in an hour or two.
Just cap it. I dont taste a thing...

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What about for post workout, would the maltodextrin and all te other insulin regulators would it be beneficial then

Thanks for all the input you guy's.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about for post workout, would the maltodextrin and all te other insulin regulators would it be beneficial then

Thanks for all the input you guy's.
That honestly depends on your pre-workout nutrition. If your like me, and take in slow carbs before you lift, there's really no need for some super-fast glycogen repletion post-workout.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks for the ideas, I was going to buy 500g of powder and just throw it in some water. I know it's going to taste bad, but the powder from TP is quite cheap and I don't want to bother with loading or using transporters so CEE seems simple .