Creatine and Glutamine? ZMA and Protein?

fireoverture

Awards
Quick question here. I do not remember the reasoning behind this, but I was reading somewhere that Creatine and Glutamine should not be taken together???? This doesn't seem right to me as I have always used Glutamine and Creatine together. Am I missing something? I typically use 5g Creatine and 5g Glutamine preworkout and postworkout. Also, when it comes to timing these is there a "more preferred order", postworkout. If I am using 5g Creatine, 5g Glutamine, 60g whey protein, and "something to spike insulin levels" (sometimes cytomax, sometimes a bagel). Typically I use the cytomax immediately with the gluta and creatine mixed in, and then as soon as I am done with that the protein. I usually use a multivit in the morning. I take fish oil before bed with the protein that I am mentioning in the second paragraph. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I believe I have a dilemna, when it comes to ZMA and protein prior to bed. I have always used a blend of 6 different types of protein prior to bedtime so that I will have a high level of serum amino acids available during sleep, however it seems that the Zinc will compete with the Calcium in the bloodstream and the Zinc will lose. Does anyone know of any studies on this. As I would like to use the ZMA and not have to use a different protein, like eggwhites that doesn't contain calcium. I'm curious whether the test boosting effects of the ZMA will outweigh the amount of catabolism that would occur if you do not use a protein prior to bed. Any thoughts on using ZMA with a calcium containing protein... supplement timing?... would be appreciated.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't have any studies on the Creatine/Glutamine debate, but I have never seen any real reason to keep them separate so I take them together.

As for the ZMA and Protein, if you're worried about the calcium in the protein hindering the zinc's absorption, I would take the ZMA about an hour prior to your protein and it should be fine. JMHO.

fireoverture

Awards
will do

Alright man... as of today I am gonna try taking the ZMA an hour before the protein like you said. We will see what happens. Thanks for the input.