Carbs with AP

  1. New Member
    deuce747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    112
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    68.54%

    Carbs with AP


    Which type of carbs is best to use with AP? I thought i understood it that high GI carbs were good but then when i looked up Brown rice, what most people use to get their carbs, it is a low GI carb. Also a few people are using WMS which i ordered to go with my AP but isn't it a high GI? I'm really lost now! Thanks for the hlep!

  2. Idiot Savant
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    61216
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I've seen Low GI usually reccomended with AP, post wo some like a little of both. Some high gi(WMS)mixed up with some low gi(oats etc.) would make you good to go. I personally have stuck with low thru out and really like it.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  3. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4831
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    55.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    hmmm what carbs to take with AP . . . Stay tuned


    CROWLER
    •   
       

  4. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11892
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    27.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Take what you can handle.

    High GI carbs and an endomorphic phenotype store more weight as BF for me(due to the insulin spike it can cause). Other people can handle it, especially ectomorphs.

    The best advice you can get is simply to stick with what you like. If you start to develop a little flub, pay more attention to getting lower GI's. IMO people are making a bigger deal about this whole "good carbs vs. bad carbs" thing than need be.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Take what you can handle.

    High GI carbs and an endomorphic phenotype store more weight as BF for me(due to the insulin spike it can cause). Other people can handle it, especially ectomorphs.

    The best advice you can get is simply to stick with what you like. If you start to develop a little flub, pay more attention to getting lower GI's. IMO people are making a bigger deal about this whole "good carbs vs. bad carbs" thing than need be.
    Exactly.
  6. Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Rep Power
    11095
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    13.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    hmmm what carbs to take with AP . . . Stay tuned


    CROWLER
    Intriguing...this wouldn't happen to mean AI's coming out with a low gi carb supplement, would it?
  7. New Member
    deuce747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    112
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    68.54%

    i was under the impression that it mattered which one you took with AP. Is this not ture?
  8. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11892
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    27.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by deuce747 View Post
    i was under the impression that it mattered which one you took with AP. Is this not ture?
    Not true. Just eat carbs as you normally would, but with more carbs than usual (if you want to see some gains).
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  9. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4831
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    55.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    Intriguing...this wouldn't happen to mean AI's coming out with a low gi carb supplement, would it?
    Not a NEW item

    Think APUSPINNOVATIONSCHEATLABSANABO LICFOODSINNOVAIONS


    CROWLER
  10. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11892
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    27.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    Not a NEW item

    Think APUSPINNOVATIONSCHEATLABSANABO LICFOODSINNOVAIONS


    CROWLER
    Sounds yummy, does it come in grape?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  11. Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Rep Power
    11095
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    13.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    Not a NEW item

    Think APUSPINNOVATIONSCHEATLABSANABO LICFOODSINNOVAIONS


    CROWLER
    I like the way you think. Especially since my offseason just started on Sunday!
  12. Advanced Member
    emiliozapata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    45
    Posts
    641
    Rep Power
    1044
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    86.7%

    no change


    i am getting ready to start ap and i have been a bit scared off by one of the discussions at another board about AP not actually blocking fat cell glucose uptake and people getting fat on it. I was storing up Power Gels and whole grain energy bars that they give out free at the DFAC here and was going to use these but instead i am going to just eat my normal diet and hope that the AP puts more nutrients to my muscles than normal pre and post intakes otherwise would but in no way am i increasing my carbs, it may represent a waste of money for me, but i would rather that than get fat
  13. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11892
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    27.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by emiliozapata View Post
    i am getting ready to start ap and i have been a bit scared off by one of the discussions at another board about AP not actually blocking fat cell glucose uptake and people getting fat on it. I was storing up Power Gels and whole grain energy bars that they give out free at the DFAC here and was going to use these but instead i am going to just eat my normal diet and hope that the AP puts more nutrients to my muscles than normal pre and post intakes otherwise would but in no way am i increasing my carbs, it may represent a waste of money for me, but i would rather that than get fat

    If you are taking in more calories than your body can use, you will ALWAYS get fat. As for me, normal carb intake = hypoglycemia. To each his own I guess.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by emiliozapata View Post
    i am getting ready to start ap and i have been a bit scared off by one of the discussions at another board about AP not actually blocking fat cell glucose uptake and people getting fat on it. I was storing up Power Gels and whole grain energy bars that they give out free at the DFAC here and was going to use these but instead i am going to just eat my normal diet and hope that the AP puts more nutrients to my muscles than normal pre and post intakes otherwise would but in no way am i increasing my carbs, it may represent a waste of money for me, but i would rather that than get fat
    Unfortunately that is bound to happen (the talk that is). However, I have had a few discussions on this board and with other members on BB.com about that very topic, providing a rather large amount of uncontradicted research. Both in the literature, and anecdotally, AP does what it claims.

    As Sinner said, if one's intake exceeds one's expenditure adipose storage is inevitable. AP, is simply increasing one's threshold by allowing the body to utilize a greater amount of carbohydrates.
  15. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11892
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    27.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Unfortunately that is bound to happen (the talk that is). However, I have had a few discussions on this board and with other members on BB.com about that very topic, providing a rather large amount of uncontradicted research. Both in the literature, and anecdotally, AP does what it claims.

    As Sinner said, if one's intake exceeds one's expenditure adipose storage is inevitable. AP, is simply increasing one's threshold by allowing the body to utilize a greater amount of carbohydrates.
    Except I do it with one and two syllable words.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  16. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Except I do it with one and two syllable words.
    Hah!

  17. New Member
    icey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    146
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    75.3%

    Here's how I'm doing it with each AP dose:

    Morning - Steel Cut Oats
    Pre Workout - Apple, orange, banana, Yam
    Post Workout - Rolled Oats

    Off Day:

    Steel cut oats
    Potatoes or rice
    Quinoa

    So mostly low GI carbs except for preworkout or midday
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What carb sources have you found best with AP?
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 08:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in