Carbs with AP

deuce747

deuce747

Awards
Which type of carbs is best to use with AP? I thought i understood it that high GI carbs were good but then when i looked up Brown rice, what most people use to get their carbs, it is a low GI carb. Also a few people are using WMS which i ordered to go with my AP but isn't it a high GI? I'm really lost now! Thanks for the hlep!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen Low GI usually reccomended with AP, post wo some like a little of both. Some high gi(WMS)mixed up with some low gi(oats etc.) would make you good to go. I personally have stuck with low thru out and really like it.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
hmmm what carbs to take with AP . . . Stay tuned :)

CROWLER

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take what you can handle.

High GI carbs and an endomorphic phenotype store more weight as BF for me(due to the insulin spike it can cause). Other people can handle it, especially ectomorphs.

The best advice you can get is simply to stick with what you like. If you start to develop a little flub, pay more attention to getting lower GI's. IMO people are making a bigger deal about this whole "good carbs vs. bad carbs" thing than need be.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take what you can handle.

High GI carbs and an endomorphic phenotype store more weight as BF for me(due to the insulin spike it can cause). Other people can handle it, especially ectomorphs.

The best advice you can get is simply to stick with what you like. If you start to develop a little flub, pay more attention to getting lower GI's. IMO people are making a bigger deal about this whole "good carbs vs. bad carbs" thing than need be.
Exactly.

deuce747

deuce747

Awards
i was under the impression that it mattered which one you took with AP. Is this not ture?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was under the impression that it mattered which one you took with AP. Is this not ture?
Not true. Just eat carbs as you normally would, but with more carbs than usual (if you want to see some gains).

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Intriguing...this wouldn't happen to mean AI's coming out with a low gi carb supplement, would it?
Not a NEW item :)

Think APUSPINNOVATIONSCHEATLABSANABOLICFOODSINNOVAIONS :dance:

CROWLER

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not a NEW item :)

Think APUSPINNOVATIONSCHEATLABSANABOLICFOODSINNOVAIONS :dance:

CROWLER
I like the way you think. Especially since my offseason just started on Sunday! :food: :twisted:

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
no change

i am getting ready to start ap and i have been a bit scared off by one of the discussions at another board about AP not actually blocking fat cell glucose uptake and people getting fat on it. I was storing up Power Gels and whole grain energy bars that they give out free at the DFAC here and was going to use these but instead i am going to just eat my normal diet and hope that the AP puts more nutrients to my muscles than normal pre and post intakes otherwise would but in no way am i increasing my carbs, it may represent a waste of money for me, but i would rather that than get fat

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am getting ready to start ap and i have been a bit scared off by one of the discussions at another board about AP not actually blocking fat cell glucose uptake and people getting fat on it. I was storing up Power Gels and whole grain energy bars that they give out free at the DFAC here and was going to use these but instead i am going to just eat my normal diet and hope that the AP puts more nutrients to my muscles than normal pre and post intakes otherwise would but in no way am i increasing my carbs, it may represent a waste of money for me, but i would rather that than get fat

If you are taking in more calories than your body can use, you will ALWAYS get fat. As for me, normal carb intake = hypoglycemia. To each his own I guess.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately that is bound to happen (the talk that is). However, I have had a few discussions on this board and with other members on BB.com about that very topic, providing a rather large amount of uncontradicted research. Both in the literature, and anecdotally, AP does what it claims.

As Sinner said, if one's intake exceeds one's expenditure adipose storage is inevitable. AP, is simply increasing one's threshold by allowing the body to utilize a greater amount of carbohydrates.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately that is bound to happen (the talk that is). However, I have had a few discussions on this board and with other members on BB.com about that very topic, providing a rather large amount of uncontradicted research. Both in the literature, and anecdotally, AP does what it claims.

As Sinner said, if one's intake exceeds one's expenditure adipose storage is inevitable. AP, is simply increasing one's threshold by allowing the body to utilize a greater amount of carbohydrates.
Except I do it with one and two syllable words. :D

icey

icey

Awards
Here's how I'm doing it with each AP dose:

Morning - Steel Cut Oats
Pre Workout - Apple, orange, banana, Yam
Post Workout - Rolled Oats

Off Day:

Steel cut oats
Potatoes or rice
Quinoa