Dhea

P4D2A022

P4D2A022

Awards
  • Established
i was wondering how some of you feel on DHEA? whether you use it during pct or just in general...

cgcrz8

Awards
I like the feeling I get from DHEA. I once stacked it with an AI and I was extremely aggressive. Anyways, didn't gain too much muscle but the feeling was good.

P4D2A022

P4D2A022

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the reply. what was ur dosage bro??

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
During PCT I love it so much that I now supplement with a low 12 to 25 mg dose every morning. I figure at age 34, it can't hurt.

Taking it in the AM helps me to wake up and clears my head and just generally helps to keep a better outlook and energy level throughout the day.

Taking high doses 200-300 mg makes you feel awesome. Seriously, an eerily great mood but it can't possibly be good to do that long term, lol.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have been taking 200mg a day for the last 3 years.I feel better my old man blindness has improved and no ill effects as far as I know..

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here's a sample of what I have followed for a post cycle therapy (recommended by Dr. D) using DHEA. After I first tried it, I can say it was the best PCT I've done, even with the crazy Clomid sides. I tried keeping up the 200mg/day but got worried only because I couldnt find any supporting evidence that it wouldnt be a problem long term. I had no negative sides from the 4 weeks I tried it.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/37790-running-serm-inverse.html

(posted reply by Dr.D)
"Estrogen only "rebounds" based on the mechanism of suppression. SERM, for example, only masks estrogen expression by occupying receptors but estrogen production is left unchecked and actually increases as testosterone levels increase. AI's like letro inhibit inducible enzymes and just like a leaky faucet, they body will eventually try to balance the equation with increased aromatase activity. Steroidal AI's like Teslac, Exemestane, and ReboundXT will not result in 'rebound' phenomena because the inhibition is non-competitive and irreversible. They act as false substrates, so aromatase is still happy to act on them (instead of androstenedione) and the body keeps no record of an imbalance. There is no leaky faucet. In fact, after prolonged use, steroidal AI's often produce a protracted anti-e benefit even after being discontinued. This is why I suggest an inverse taper with SERM and RXT for post cycle therapy with an abrupt stoppage of RXT at the end. As the SERM elevates androgen/estrogen production, the AI dose is increased to compensate while the SERM is phased out. It works quite well to use this approach and rebound is not encountered. Adding LX and/or DHEA also really makes for a killer PCT in this scheme. This is a typical example of my PCT:

wk1: Clomid 150mg/d, RXT 25mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 75mg/d
wk2: Clomid 100mg/d, RXT 25mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 50mg/d
wk3: Nolva 60mg/d, RXT 50mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 25mg/d
wk4: Nolva 40mg/d, RXT 50mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
wk5: Nolva 20mg/d, RXT 75mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
wk6: RXT 75mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d

Notice I phase the Clomid out and introduce the Nolva later. This helps prevent sides from developing from accumulation of estrogenic metabolites from the Clomid and also acts to minimize the use of Nolva, which is more liver toxic than Clomid. Rebound is very unlikely and estrogen biosynthesis will likely be significantly lowered for 3+ wks even after the end of this post cycle therapy. I do long ones, as you can see."

Edit - add quotes

Last edited:
wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thats pretty much the pct I run too.

P4D2A022

P4D2A022

Awards
  • Established
I like the feeling I get from DHEA. I once stacked it with an AI and I was extremely aggressive. Anyways, didn't gain too much muscle but the feeling was good.
aggressive huh?? thats the kind of workout i like!!!! im def going to purchase some soon.. any recommended brand(s)?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I don't mean to interrupt...but would it be worthwhile to take DHEA while not in post cycle therapy (and not while on a PH)? Every thread that I've searched for DHEA has to do with PCT...

papa G

Awards
During post cycle therapy I love it so much that I now supplement with a low 12 to 25 mg dose every morning. I figure at age 34, it can't hurt.

Taking it in the AM helps me to wake up and clears my head and just generally helps to keep a better outlook and energy level throughout the day.

Taking high doses 200-300 mg makes you feel awesome. Seriously, an eerily great mood but it can't possibly be good to do that long term, lol.
Bioman, I am thinking of maybe running 250 mg/day dhea with some atd or formestane kinda like a bridge cycle. What are your opinions of how this dose effects shutdown and libidio. I know you said it was great for mood at that dose. The most I have ran it between cycles was around 75 mgs and it definately helped with post cycle blues!

It just seems that lately I have read alot of research on dhea and seen alot of good feedback at higher doses! (using the search) Also, did you notice any bad androgenic sides etc. Do you really feel that it causes suppresion at that dose? Thanks in advance!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well, you're right about the research showing the higher doses as either benign or beneficial..but we've only just begun to really look at that and there's always the long term unknown.

As a bridge I think it would work fine, but it's impact on suppression is kinda questionable as is ATD's...all in all it should work, just have some Torm or Nolva around. I've used both in PCT several times and they're awesome..it's like running a real cycle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
Supplements 14
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21