Caffeine as a fat burner

Confucious

Awards
One of the recent Muscle and Fitness mags had an article about caffeine. Is it really a good fat burner?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it is, by itself. By itself, the study I saw on it's effectiveness as fat loss agent was in the gram range, which is about 10 cups of drip coffee, and I think the Avant guys consider it a cheap and dirty add to a stim product because it has longterm contrary to fat burning properties. You may get the feel of effectiveness , but not the results.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
It's a powerful cns stimulant so yes, it would help burn calories at an accellerated rate. However, I don't think you could think of it as being in the same league of fat burners as such things as ephedra, clenbuteral, etc which act upon different pathways to burn fat.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In an article on fat burners it rates a three out of five stars. There are more effective fat burners out there , Yohimbe i think rATED THREE AND A HALD TO FOUR. Clen was one of the highest and Methly Ripped by NX Labs, Chad Nichols company rated five out of five stars.

I dont use caffeine because I think as much as coritsol is secreted from training, caffiene makes more cortisol , an article with studies I have. But Yes it makes a pretty effective fat burner.

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
caffeine can also increase glucose uptake into muscle

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With all this recent debate in the Bodybuilding Community about Use caffeine or Dont use Caffiene, Caffeine counteracts the ergogenic action of muscle creatine loading, and the caffiene causes too much coritsol release postraining, Im doing a TEST.

Since I think it is at least a fifty chance of being true that Caffeine effects the cortisol relases and possibly creatine loading, as I creatine load three days on,twenty five grams per day, three days off, Im taking 125 mgs mgs of caffine in the morning. I workout in the morning. Ill be doing this for one month and will report back.

Also If any other studies come like like Caffeine effects Beta Alanine please post because Im about to start trying Beta Alanine. Im taking Applied-Nutr LIp-Am. which contains 125 mgs of Caffeine.

After Im done this one month exoirepment I plan to excess is Caffeine in a mild or NO Caffeine at all is best for my system. Remember this is just an expirement for me , every body bodies react different to different chemicals, tolerances...etc.