weight gain advice please!

shamsky

Awards
Hey guys, Im 16 yearsold and I am a sophomore in highschool. Im kinda small for my age weighing in at around 103 give or take a few, and im standing just short of 5'4". I am smaller than most of my friends and i am very interested in gaining weight (muscle) and overall growing tall too. I guess you could say that I am a late bloomer. Which blows cuz my friends are all ahead of me. Anyways I am interested in taking something that could help me. (creotine or nitrics..etc. i really have no idea) I am basically wondering if you guys could reccomend me anything to take or to eat in diet but mainly any supplements. I also plan on weightlifting but i heard you should "have hair under your arms" when you lift and thats how you know its safe and you wont stunt your growth... but i have no idea

Help please !

thanks alot

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
You will have alot of gains if you just started working out. Your old enough, just start goin to the gym and eating lots of food preferably clean foods, unlike the chinese food i'm eating right now. :D

shamsky

Awards
is there anything i should take?

anything like protein or whey or creotine or any supplements?

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
anything like protein or whey or creotine or any supplements?
Since your just starting I would just supplement with protein and vitamins, and maybe a weight gain/meal replacement shake. BSN's true mass is good, it only has 6g of sugar per serving. You have to be careful buying weight gain drinks cause they usually put alot of sugar to up the calories so be careful.

As far as creatine I would wait a little while cause at this point you can gain alot of weight as long as your eating enough. Make sure you eat enough protein. Try to eat 150 to 200g of protein a day and drink plenty of water.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do: Squats, Deadlifts,Military Presses, Rows, Pullups, and Bench Presses

Eat: Tuna, Chicken Breasts, Steaks, Brown Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Oatmeal, Eggs, and salmon.

For a guy your size, I would say to eat about 20-30g of protein, 30-50g of carbs, and 5-10g of fat each meal 6x per day.

For supplements: B-Complex, Vitamin C, a multivitamin, maybe Creatine (Monohydrate).

Remember, it's the diet and training that do all the work. Supplements are just the icing atop the cake.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
OK buddy I am here for you.

ALL the way through school I was the ABSOLUTE smallest kid in the class. So I know what you are going through have faith, I was still getting taller when I was in my 3rd year of college.

This is what I did

Workout MWF

M Back and Bis

W Chest shoulders tris

F Legs

Eating
Chicken, milk, steak, protein powder, pasta followed by icecream. I did that meal after meal after meal. Some purists may say no to the icecream but oh well.

Try to take a nap EVERYday. do NOT stay up late and take a multi vit and mineral. In two years your friends wont recognize you. If you want something that will make you big in two months then look for a magic bottle and a geni cause it aint gonna happen.

CROWLER

m4gnum

m4gnum

Awards
Have you thought about joining the wrestling team if your HS has one? I was your exact size, 5'4" and 103 pounds as a freshman and I was able to wrestle varsity from the start with no experience because there was no one else in my weight class. Wrestling IMO is an EXCELLENT preparation for lifting, and plus it's a great experience. If I could go back I would have put more effort into wrestling and less into gaining weight and strength, but I was pretty insecure about being so small. Anyway, just a thought.

Throwdown 515

Throwdown 515

Awards
In my opinion I dont believe that creatine or nitrix oxide boosters are the supplements you should be worrying about just yet. Protein powder is a must have supplement in order to get the proper amount of protein you need a day. Eating foods high in calories and protein is something you will need to start doing everyday. Whole wheat pasta, steak, lean chicken and foods of that nature.

As far as working out goes you should base your splits around compound movements. Start your workout with these three key exercises. A beginner workout like this will help you build a solid foundation to keep building on.

Mon: Bench Press (Chest, Triceps)

Wed: Deadlifts (Back, Biceps)

Fri: Squat (Legs, Shoulders)

If this is your first time working out start with lighter weight with higher reps (8-12). Once your start to build a good foundation and are more comfortable with doing heavy weight start going really heavy with fewer reps (4-8).

When I first started working out my gains were through the roof. It just takes alot of dedication. Remember this is just my opinion so do alot of research, find a lifting routine that suits you, lift, eat big and you will be beast in no time.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
The stuff about lifting stunting your growth is a bunch of BS. I started when I was 12 and am 6'3" now.

I agree with CROWLER...have faith. Eat a lot of good foods and lift hard. Just stick to it, and the muscle will come.

smaxh

Awards
First of all, you need to eat 6 meals if you want to gain weight. They can't be junk food or drinks at all. Have to be solid food or supplements that replace food. (MRPS, protien whey, maybe weight gainers)
-Eat every 3 hours.
-Since you are 103Lbs, and 15, you should eat 1800-2000 calories a day.
-eat about 30% protien, 40% carbs, and 30% fats = 1800-2000 calories.
-No junks food, coke, chips, mcdonals or any of that sort of food. Even though Mcdonals and other fast food places do have some healthy food, i think it will confuse you if you try to sort them out at this point.
-Join the gym for atleast 6 months, pay it off all at once and try to get a good deal so you stay motivated and take a picture of yourself and make it your computers wallpaper with another one that you want to look like. Offcourse its hard to look like arnold so make it realistic.
- With school or work, ur second or third priority should be working out and gaining weight.
- Do compund excersises. Bench Press, Squat, Deadlifts, use free wieghts, avoid machines and workout 3 times a week.
- If you are serious about gaining weight then you need to forget about other activities that might involve running or jumping and so on and focus on gaining weight.
-Do this for 10-12 weeks and if you don't gain atleast 10lbs you can have this thread deleted.
- As for supplements, if you can afford it, use Whey Protien, Glutamine(may make u a bit taller as it increases natural hgh), vitamin, creatine, prolab N-large, avoid anything with too much sugar. Do research on these supps. and you should have a better idea.

Take Care
Max

tattoopierced1

I agree with crowler...and by the sounds of it, you are an ectomorph and your metabolism is probably through the roof, so dont be afraid to snack on not so healthy stuff...just dont make them the majority of your meals...eat clean for the most part.