Controlled Labs ads from Flex, MD and Musclemag

• Thread starter CONTROLLED LABS
  • Start date
DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty - the only flaw I appreciate lies in the actual Controlled labs logo. The concept of integrating color and associating it with specific products is quite solid. I think the Controlled Labs logo could use a facelift - something less animated and something more professional, "pharmaceutical" - yet fun.

I think you guys certainly are on to something, however from a branding standpoint - especially given the aforementioned future exposure, a brand such as yours merits such a makeover.

Cheers!

m4gnum

m4gnum

Awards
I agree on the logo. Also I think the color on the dude is weird. It's like somebody added a fill layer in Photoshop over half of him and that's it. Maybe get some swirls or blur or something where the color ends so it's not so abrupt. I think something closer to the Gatorade "sweat" ads would be really cool (obviously you don't want to use colored sweat for copyright reasons, but something along those lines).

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
I agree on the logo. Also I think the color on the dude is weird. It's like somebody added a fill layer in Photoshop over half of him and that's it. Maybe get some swirls or blur or something where the color ends so it's not so abrupt. I think something closer to the Gatorade "sweat" ads would be really cool (obviously you don't want to use colored sweat for copyright reasons, but something along those lines).
in the higher res versions the color is feathered and does not end abruptly.

thanks for the feedback guys, any more?

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i would make the website stand out more - bring it down a little and/or larger point size.

there seems to be an immediate emphasis on the companies at the bottom. its either distracting or catching my eyes right away - that is making me miss the website.

Menacer

Menacer

Awards
I think it’s cool that you guys used a model that is believably using your products instead of using someone who looks like they are on tons of gear and giving false impressions.

saltydogg87

Awards
thats John Lee , a personal trainer and comp.rep for Controlled Labs.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Funny I see this post RIGHT after seeing your ad for Yellow nEuphoria in my copy of MD. I like the ad :)

I think it’s cool that you guys used a model that is believably using your products instead of using someone who looks like they are on tons of gear and giving false impressions.
This is the 1st thing I noticed as well even before the "colors".

I also agree on the logo. No offense intended but I never cared for it. It doesn't match how nice the rest of the label looks :)

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
in the higher res versions the color is feathered and does not end abruptly.

thanks for the feedback guys, any more?
I have a good deal more - from a consumer and as biotechnology sales and marketing director - but my most immediate feedback was mentioned in my first post.

Let's just say that there is room to grow and better brand yourself and set a firmer foot in the supp industry.

Cheers. :drunk:

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
:cheers: I have to agree with that... I wonder who found that John Lee guy....

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
I like the whole color theme just not half and half on John Lee. Maybe incorporate the color behind him so that it comes to the focal point being John's pyshique.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I like the whole color theme just not half and half on John Lee. Maybe incorporate the color behind him so that it comes to the focal point being John's pyshique.
Like "The Glow"?

"... You are the Last Dragon! You posses the Power of The Glow!"

I also agree w/ the web site comment, and the *modest* physique of your model. He pretty much looks like what your primary customer base wants to look like.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The Ad caught my eye in MD,although I could not make out the logo...Nice Ad makes me want to try the yellow and that is why the ad is so good I remember the color..Nice

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
The Ad caught my eye in MD,although I could not make out the logo...Nice Ad makes me want to try the yellow and that is why the ad is so good I remember the color..Nice
its good to hear that the ads are making an impression and that we arent wasting our money :)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
did they catch your eye though or you noticed them because of this thread?
Funny I see this post RIGHT after seeing your ad for Yellow nEuphoria in my copy of MD. I like the ad :)
^^ I saw them RIGHT before reading this thread :lol:

Its the model you used that caught my eye. He almost looks small compared to what I'm used to see in that mag (this is a good thing)

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
^^ I saw them RIGHT before reading this thread :lol:

Its the model you used that caught my eye. He almost looks small compared to what I'm used to see in that mag (this is a good thing)
thats john lee. he sometimes comes on here and other message boards. hes on controlledlabsforum.com all the time too.

BigPHusers11

BigPHusers11

Awards
  • Established
i am likin the ads...hearin alot of good about white flood...need to try some of it out

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
Any White Flood ads planned for the upcoming months? How about a UPGRADE to the CL logo?
we may do a white flood/green magnitude stack ad sometime in the near future.

we are happy with the logo

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't read muscle mags. The only advertising you guys need is word of mouth. I haven't really heard any bad reviews from you guys. I just tried Green Mag and it works and is a good price. The only problem I have is with my stomach, but I'm gonna try half dosing as soon as I feel I am not too sick anymore. I know that Green Mag works, so I now I want to try White Flood. No need for expensive ads in muscle mags, save your money!. You already have my respect, and I am quite the critic.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
I don't read muscle mags. The only advertising you guys need is word of mouth. I haven't really heard any bad reviews from you guys. I just tried Green Mag and it works and is a good price. The only problem I have is with my stomach, but I'm gonna try half dosing as soon as I feel I am not too sick anymore. I know that Green Mag works, so I now I want to try White Flood. No need for expensive ads in muscle mags, save your money!. You already have my respect, and I am quite the critic.
thanks a lot (yeah, try the half and half dosing, it works for those sensitive o magnesium).

word of mouth got us to a point, but to grow even more you need ads in the mags unfortunately. That is why we are now in 2 of the 3 largest supplement chains in America.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
thanks a lot (yeah, try the half and half dosing, it works for those sensitive o magnesium).

word of mouth got us to a point, but to grow even more you need ads in the mags unfortunately. That is why we are now in 2 of the 3 largest supplement chains in America.
This is true. I even see your products being sold here (Ottawa, Ontario) yet I don't see any of the other Board Sponsors being sold here.