trouble sleeping in iraq

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
hey guys for various reasons i am having some trouble getting restful sleep, i need honest feed back on REM R3G or venom lean dreams do they indeed work to induce sleep / calm the mind also what about yellow neuphoria for controlling anxiety, this is my second time here, my first was pretty rough and i am having some trouble adjusting to being back just wondering if any of these products will truly help thanks EZ

JJC

Awards
  • Established
If you're an active person (I'm assuming you're in the military), then you should look into getting some ZMA. It's basically just zinc and magnesium, which will replenish what is lost during physical activity and help you reach a deeper sleep for a longer period of time.

Also, try looking into PowerFULL by USPLabs. After repeated use, it will help you reach a deeper sleep also. Alot of people love the sleep they get while on PowerFULL.

Both will get you to dreamland quicker and for longer periods of time, but neither will actually make you pass out (although sometimes you will get a little sleepy after dosing PowerFULL, but that will go away in less than a half hour).

I would try ZMA first, then try PowerFULL just because the ZMA might be a little cheaper and last longer and it might just be enough to get you what you're looking for. Then maybe try PowerFULL later on.

livebono

livebono

Awards
valerian root will also help you fall asleep, but will give you some crazy dreams (not nightmarish, just wierd)

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that both ZMA and PowerFULL will give you very vivid dreams as well.

But I think the point is not that the supplement is giving you weird dreams, it's just that you're getting to your REM cycle quicker and probably for a longer period of time. Thus allowing for longer, more elaborate, and vivid dreams.

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
Gaba really helps you fall asleep and feel really refreshed in the morning. That with Powerfull would be pretty awsome.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
Gaba really helps you fall asleep and feel really refreshed in the morning. That with Powerfull would be pretty awsome.
Believe me it is:woohoo:

I've never been one to be able to sleep through the night, I usually wake up 3 or 4 times. Since I've been using this combo (2 weeks) I've had quite a few nights where I've gotten almost 9 straight hours. Normally with this combo I wake up 1 time just too pee.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
hey guys for various reasons i am having some trouble getting restful sleep, i need honest feed back on REM R3G or venom lean dreams do they indeed work to induce sleep / calm the mind also what about yellow neuphoria for controlling anxiety, this is my second time here, my first was pretty rough and i am having some trouble adjusting to being back just wondering if any of these products will truly help thanks EZ
First of all, THANK YOU for your service to our country. You are greatly appreciated my friend.

As for your anxiety and sleeplessness, Gaba and Valerian (as suggested above) are both effective and worth a try. I feel one of the most effective supplements for reducing stress and maintaining a health CNS (Central Nervous System) is Methylcobalamin (the Methylated form of B-12). Many have reported sleeping deeper, and having much more focus during the day with this supplement. Here is an article I put together that explains why we included it in Poseidon...and more of the benefits:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nimbus-nutrition/59886-poseidon-methylcobalamin.html

It may be a God send considering the demands you must face everyday.

I pray for your safe and quick return back to the states, and once again, thanks for your service.:clap2:

Please let me know if I can be of any more help...

Workin

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm in iraq and I take valerian, passion flower, kava kava, and holy basil. they work great.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Lean dreams is a great product it really does relax you and u out

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
poseiden

hey to the nimbus nutrition guy, i really appreciate you expressing gratitude for what i and every one else here is doing, you would be surprised how many people dont give a ****- it seems its the majority. right or wrong this is a war and we are a long ways from home and all its comforts and face fears most will never know, it is what i signed up for true but it is just real nice to hear someone say thanks, when i get back nimbus nutrition will have a customer for life thank u EZ

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
hey to the nimbus nutrition guy, i really appreciate you expressing gratitude for what i and every one else here is doing, you would be surprised how many people dont give a ****- it seems its the majority. right or wrong this is a war and we are a long ways from home and all its comforts and face fears most will never know, it is what i signed up for true but it is just real nice to hear someone say thanks, when i get back nimbus nutrition will have a customer for life thank u EZ
You may be surprised to know that, while many don't SEEM to give a "****-" (as you put it), that's only because it has, for some reason, become politically incorrect to support you guys publicly.

It DOES NOT mean you aren't supported however. You, and everyone over there, are covered in prayers and gratitude from many, MANY millions of Americans...both Democratic and Republican. It may not be popular for the media to display that right now...but it's true none the less. I'm sure I speak for many when I say...You all are true patriots and make us proud to live in this country.

For now...keep your chin up, your ass down and get back here safely :)

God bless you brother,

Workin

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Hey emilio, let me second Workin and say again man, thank you so much for your service all all you guys do over there to let us live in the freedom which we do.
I was just going to let you know about REM R3G - I am on it right now, and I always take it as I am about to go to sleep. When I take it I dream realllly vivd and looong, my sleep is much deeper. I don't know if this is the best one out there as it is the only one I have tried, but I do know it works really good for me. Just my 2 cents.

Prayin for you guys everyday bro, you and all your buddies that serve America everyday.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There is a lot of gratitude, empathy and sympathy for the troops particularly when you consider people's disregard or even belligerence towards troops after the Korean and Viet Nam eras. Things have changed for the better and one of the driving forces in the anti-war camps is getting the troops home. In many ways this sentiment is counter productive to winning a war. Whatever the case, whatever the sentiment towards the Iraq campaign, people understand and appreciate the role of the soldier more so now than in the past IMO.

You ARE appreciated and missed. You can tell that to everyone deployed with you.

I'd say for the money, PowerFull and GABA are the best sleep combo. ZMA would be beneficial too since your probably sweating out all of your Mg. Nimbus' Posiedon would be a great daily addition to help cope with the coming heat and stress.

Stay safe bro, and remember you can always bug AM for advice at anytime.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
There is a lot of gratitude, empathy and sympathy for the troops particularly when you consider people's disregard or even belligerence towards troops after the Korean and Viet Nam eras. Things have changed for the better and one of the driving forces in the anti-war camps is getting the troops home. In many ways this sentiment is counter productive to winning a war. Whatever the case, whatever the sentiment towards the Iraq campaign, people understand and appreciate the role of the soldier more so now than in the past IMO.

You ARE appreciated and missed. You can tell that to everyone deployed with you.

I'd say for the money, PowerFull and GABA are the best sleep combo. ZMA would be beneficial too since your probably sweating out all of your Mg. Nimbus' Posiedon would be a great daily addition to help cope with the coming heat and stress.

Stay safe bro, and remember you can always bug AM for advice at anytime.
Well said! :clap2:

Workin

babolat

babolat

Board Sponsor
Awards
God bless you for serving our country.

Ive heard a lot of great things about ALRIs lean dreams, but I havent used it myself. Im on the AN stack, but previously things like Mass FX helped me sleep, along with ZMA which is a staple.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's a shame, dude. I stand with workin in thanking you. BTW, I know where you're at: I volunteered to serve in the Israeli Army in the 90's. Israelis were hugely supportive of me; I can't imagine doing it and having people NOT appreciate it.

Anyway, Kava takes the edge off NOW, and PGHt induces the deepest sleep I've ever had.

Be safe and well, and most importantly, come back alive.

God lyou.

schlam_of

Awards
p-ght does seem to help with sleep, but it also seems to take some time..for me it also seemed to cause me to loose some water weight, which is something you might want to keep in mind while in the desert..havent tried the GABA + Powerfull combo, but i know GABA helps with sleep..

whats your MOS brother?

phaeton66

phaeton66

Awards
To echo what the others said, GABA is the shizznizzle for sleep. ZMA or, really, anything with magnesium in it will also help knock you out (I like old school cal + mag + zinc). I've used melatonin also, but it makes me groggy the next day, and sometimes has the opposite effect it is intended.

To show you how :head: I consider what you're doing over there in Injun country, PM me your APO/FPO address and I'll mail you some GABA and other stuff from BN. You'll laugh your ass off when you see the return address if nothing else.

-p66

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Kratom? I don't think that's a good idea for someone in the 'box.

Kavakava would be better. Immediate effects, no hangover or sides, perfectly legal.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I just want to echo what everyone else wrote:

Thank you and your brothers in arms for your service! You are being prayed over on a daily basis by millions of Americans. God bless you and keep you all

FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE

:thumbsup:

Oh, btw, 2 PowerFull help me sleep like a LOG!!! ;)

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just want to echo what everyone else wrote:

Thank you and your brothers in arms for your service! You are being prayed over on a daily basis by millions of Americans. God bless you and keep you all

FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE

:thumbsup:

Oh, btw, 2 PowerFull help me sleep like a LOG!!! ;)
X2 Thanks for your service to this great nation!

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
thanks all for your support, i have some zma, theanine, melatonin, valerian, coming my way, i ordered the stuff back in march, but for some reason the Post Office rejected the package, the company never emailed me and i was waiting and waiting, finally got pissed and called once i could get to the phones and they told me what happened so i re ordered had the stuff mailed to home and having home remail it to me.

been borrowing a buddy's melatonin though and it has been doing the job, once i fell into the swing of being back most of my problems went away, it is just a B^%ch now to reintegrate back into normal civilian mindframe when i return.