Spiking UCP-1

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
well, just got my 2 bottles today. will start in a few days after trying af's thermorexin(got a nice sample with my nyc order)

but im thinking, i have used SU in the past upto 800mg one nightly dose with no problems, so maybe i should do ucp-1 with extras right from the start?

aside from upping the dosages, i am thinking of adding

quercentin 500mg twice daily
Sodium Usinate 500mg nightly
r-ala and ala i already am taking it
antioxidants formulaes
ALC 500mg with the SU dosage

note: quercentin and ALC seem to have helped me not get a rash on SU, as last time i tried i got a horrible rash :(
i also switched from 3 doses to one nightly one on the SU, not sure if i should do the same with ucp-1 or maybe then it wont work so well ?

p.s. what does UCP-1 stand for? :)

thanks guys! great looking bottle by the way

elijah_123

Awards
Can't speak from too much experiences as I am only two days into my ucp cycle. But I am definately sweating more now at the recommneded dose.

However, Chemo has said over and over that the dose on the bottle is what you should be doing even if it seems low. I suggest giving it a shot at the recommended level and see how it does.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
djremix,

Do not break label recommendations with UCP-1...we designed it to give the same magnitude of fat loss as 2 grams of pure UA. There is no need to add other uncouplers (such as sodium usniate) and this is the fastest way to injure yourself.

IMO, the reason uncouplers have gotten such a bad reputation for injury is shitty dosing pratice and the "more is better" mantra that is prevalent in performance athletics today. Most in the past dropped 1-2 grams at night before bed...HELL'S BELLS! If you drop 2 grams of ANYTHING it will stress the body! Imagine if you dropped 2 grams of Tylenol and chased it with vodka!!

In laymen terms, you should strive for a slow, all day sizzle instead of a night burn. It is mroe gentle on the body and will yield the same amount of fat loss.

Chemo

BTW, we are not terribly creative with naming our products. We feel that companies naming their products things like "testabol" and "dianobolex" are misleading their customers and they basically suck ass. UCP-1 stands for Usnic acid, Carnitine, Pyruvate, 1st in a series.

chris17_59

another question...

[wondering if someone can answer this one...]

Hey Chemo (or anyone else)...could take ones daily UCP-1 alotment on like a 4-afternoon/5-evening split? I have to work during the morning, and I really hate to have UA-induced lethargy on the job all day. Is this a workable strategy so I can avoid the bulk of my work-day?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
3 caps x three times daily was the designed dosing regime...anything beyond that I strongly discourage.

Chemo

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
then recommended dosages i shall follow :)

my intention was not to question the validity of the dosage recommendation but to inquire weather somebody already tolerant to SU can increase the recommended dosage!

i will try and keep my results upsated here, especially relative to my old SU cycle.

should interesting!

thanks again guys!

elijah_123

Awards
Chemo I've noticed that for about 2 or 3 hours after taking my two caps I am really sweaty but then it subsides until I take another dose. Does the two caps dose make an important difference or could the 6 pills be spread out more through out the day?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Spread them throughout the day...after a few days of use it will maintain a steady level.

Chemo

John.K

Awards
I started last night, taking one in the evening. I plan to take up to 750 mg per day, spread through 3 to 4 hour intervals. I'm a little afraid to take much more than 750 mgs. Or am I just being paranoid? I'm 5'10" and 172#s, 10.8 percent body fat. I want to get down to 165 to 167.

Another thing. The bottle I received had a few caps that were missing "the other end." There was some powder in the bottle. Could there be an issue regarding capsule integrity? Freshness? Lot Number 003156.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, in general....

So far, I have noticed a slight increase in body temperature and some lethargy. Also a small sign of decreased strength, but nothing major. I honestly can't tell, though, whether any of these have to do with the UCP-1, because they do seem kind of minor. It could be just that I'm tired for a Monday! :)

John.K

Awards
Also - I should say that I am by no means questioning the integrity of the product, the manufacturer, or the merchant. I get a little antsy about freshness, &c.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
This is the first case I have heard of reporting broken caps. There is no issue with cap freshness or integrity and most likely happened during shipment to you by rough handling. If I'm not mistaken the retailer has agreed to inspect your bottle and issue the appropriate level of customer care to you.

If I can be of some assistance just let me know.

Chemo

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
John.K,

Do not increase the dose beyond what is recommended on the label. We have engineered the product to alleviate just that situation.

Chemo

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
actually mine had 1 cracked capsule also, it spread some powder throughout the bottle, but nothing too messy.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats because your clumsy weave :D

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Gentlemen with the capsule spillage problems:

Can you take a digital picture of one (if you still have it in broken form) and email it to me? I would like to see whether it simply came apart from packing so much into one cap or if the gelatin is not thick enough to withstand the rigors of shipment.

Chemo

John.K

Awards
Sorry, Chemo - I actually just threw the broken caps away. Don't have a camera either. At any rate, as long as it is fresh and okay, I'm not worried.

Powernutrition offered to send me a new bottle and a free return label in exchange for my bottle. Now THAt's customer service.

I wrote back and said that I'd send the bottle back on my dime, because I figure it's not their fault if it got shaken during shipping; and because I got it at such a discounted rate. I was going to call, but there's no phone number. I've sent an email over to powernutirion, and hope it's not too late. (I've only taken 4 caps.)

Sorry for the bother, but I'm really anal about this sort of thing!!!

Also, wanted to clarify that I will be taking about half the recommended dose spread regularly through the day. I respect your recommendations.

Last edited:
djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
ok first bottle of mine seems to have acap broken aswell, as there is a lot of powder inside, though i have yet to see the broken caps.

ill take some digi pics later tonight.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by jweave23
actually mine had 1 cracked capsule also, it spread some powder throughout the bottle, but nothing too messy.

Same here. 

Chemo it seems like the cap actually broke on the end.  It didn't unscrew or come loose.  I will check out my bottle to see if more busted.  For $15 no big deal!

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
damn, I just threw that one out, sorry. It was a small crack on one end, couldn't really say if it seemed overpacked or not though.

BTW Bobo yes I am a clumsy bastard :D

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Just opened my bag o pills I keep in my cooler and one broke in there today.

Should have stamped fragile on every cap =)

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
had to resize/cop these cause the originals were >300k

John.K

Awards
My broken caps actually had part of the top (blue) torn off. It kinda looked like it was melted.

Anyway, wanted to report that I am on Day 3 and have not noticed any effects so far. None whatsoever. I am genuinely surprised. Yesterday I did 600 mg. Today, I will be taking 750 mgs, possibly 900 mgs if the afternoon dose does nothing. I'm probably not going to go up any further.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by djremix
had to resize/cop these cause the originals were >300k
mine looked exactly like this, also the powder over the rest of them too, in one bottle. My other bottle is fine, broken at all.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by jweave23

mine looked exactly like this, also the powder over the rest of them too, in one bottle.

Same here.

pinoy

Awards
i just took a look in my bottle, and i saw several caps with the blue end cracked also

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by John.K
My broken caps actually had part of the top (blue) torn off. It kinda looked like it was melted.

Anyway, wanted to report that I am on Day 3 and have not noticed any effects so far. None whatsoever. I am genuinely surprised. Yesterday I did 600 mg. Today, I will be taking 750 mgs, possibly 900 mgs if the afternoon dose does nothing. I'm probably not going to go up any further.
You shouldn't notice much of anything (excpet maybe some increase in heat/sweat), it's not like a CNS stimulant!!!! I used to do crazy high doses of SU and got good results from this at recommended dosage, please try it that way first IMO, just give it time!

feelnfit

Awards
guys mine too had a couple broke and loose powder .

Godlike

Awards
I just recieved mine toady for 47 bucks with shipping and I have a broken cap and powder over the rest . What up with that?
I'll still ordering my 1,4 diol from you in two months though.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established

BTW, we are not terribly creative with naming our products. We feel that companies naming their products things like "testabol" and "dianobolex" are misleading their customers and they basically suck ass. UCP-1 stands for Usnic acid, Carnitine, Pyruvate, 1st in a series.
Its an extremely ironic situation that UCP1 is also the same abreviation for uncoupling protein 1.

"Uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1) was the first of this protein family to be identified and is found only in brown adipose tissue. UCP1 functions in non-shivering thermogenesis by transporting protons and monovalent anions such as chloride. UCP1 is activated by free fatty acids and inhibited by purine nucleoside di- and triphosphate. UCP1 is located within the inner mitochondrial membrane and "uncouples" oxidative phosphorylation; i.e., energy released from chemical bonds is dissipated as heat instead of forming new ATP. A proton transport mechanism was discussed. This proposed mechanism is based on a H+ donor-acceptor theory that utilizes fatty acid catabolism to supply the H+ ions. It was proposed that a binding/dissociation reaction occurred at the nucleotide binding site of UCP1. Site directed mutagenesis studies identified a number of charged amino acid residues within the UCP protein that were active in the transport of H+ or Cl- ions. Additionally, charged amino acid residues that are important for nucleotide binding were identified."

from http://members.nyas.org/events/conference/conf_02_0521.html