Spiking UCP-1

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Originally posted by jweave23

mine looked exactly like this, also the powder over the rest of them too, in one bottle.

Same here.

2. i just took a look in my bottle, and i saw several caps with the blue end cracked also
    •   

3. Originally posted by John.K
    My broken caps actually had part of the top (blue) torn off. It kinda looked like it was melted.

Anyway, wanted to report that I am on Day 3 and have not noticed any effects so far. None whatsoever. I am genuinely surprised. Yesterday I did 600 mg. Today, I will be taking 750 mgs, possibly 900 mgs if the afternoon dose does nothing. I'm probably not going to go up any further.
    You shouldn't notice much of anything (excpet maybe some increase in heat/sweat), it's not like a CNS stimulant!!!! I used to do crazy high doses of SU and got good results from this at recommended dosage, please try it that way first IMO, just give it time!

4. guys mine too had a couple broke and loose powder .

5. I just recieved mine toady for 47 bucks with shipping and I have a broken cap and powder over the rest . What up with that?
    I'll still ordering my 1,4 diol from you in two months though.
    •   

6. Originally posted by Chemo

BTW, we are not terribly creative with naming our products. We feel that companies naming their products things like "testabol" and "dianobolex" are misleading their customers and they basically suck ass. UCP-1 stands for Usnic acid, Carnitine, Pyruvate, 1st in a series.
    Its an extremely ironic situation that UCP1 is also the same abreviation for uncoupling protein 1.

"Uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1) was the first of this protein family to be identified and is found only in brown adipose tissue. UCP1 functions in non-shivering thermogenesis by transporting protons and monovalent anions such as chloride. UCP1 is activated by free fatty acids and inhibited by purine nucleoside di- and triphosphate. UCP1 is located within the inner mitochondrial membrane and "uncouples" oxidative phosphorylation; i.e., energy released from chemical bonds is dissipated as heat instead of forming new ATP. A proton transport mechanism was discussed. This proposed mechanism is based on a H+ donor-acceptor theory that utilizes fatty acid catabolism to supply the H+ ions. It was proposed that a binding/dissociation reaction occurred at the nucleotide binding site of UCP1. Site directed mutagenesis studies identified a number of charged amino acid residues within the UCP protein that were active in the transport of H+ or Cl- ions. Additionally, charged amino acid residues that are important for nucleotide binding were identified."

from http://members.nyas.org/events/confe...f_02_0521.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-30-2015, 06:07 AM
  2. UCP-1 product information
    By GuyinLA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 03:54 PM
  3. UCP-1: Why L-Carnitine instead of ALCAR?
    By GuyinLA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2003, 09:08 PM
  4. Ucp-1
    By Bryan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2003, 09:56 PM
  5. Diabetic:need insulin spike?
    By ironviking in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 09:05 PM