New properties of DCP?

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Forgive me if this has been posted before - it's hard to search on "DCP" as it is only 3 letters:

About 2 months ago I ordered 2 bottles of DCP - the bottle had a red top, run number VHM06362 EXP 12/08. The capsules were probably the 00 size and contained a purple powder.

I just ordered 1 new bottle shipped last week. The bottle was larger in size than previously, and had a white top. Run number VHM06408 EXP 01/09. The pills are now a 000 size (larger) and inside is purple but it is now oily. It is not a "powder", but more of a purple "sludge". There is a brownish colored oil all over the inside of the bottle, and the pills are slimy/oily to touch.

Is there something wrong with either batch, and if not, what explains the difference in appearance?

Thanks.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forgive me if this has been posted before - it's hard to search on "DCP" as it is only 3 letters:

About 2 months ago I ordered 2 bottles of DCP - the bottle had a red top, run number VHM06362 EXP 12/08. The capsules were probably the 00 size and contained a purple powder.

I just ordered 1 new bottle shipped last week. The bottle was larger in size than previously, and had a white top. Run number VHM06408 EXP 01/09. The pills are now a 000 size (larger) and inside is purple but it is now oily. It is not a "powder", but more of a purple "sludge". There is a brownish colored oil all over the inside of the bottle, and the pills are slimy/oily to touch.

Is there something wrong with either batch, and if not, what explains the difference in appearance?

Thanks.

Same thing... just they changed their production to that waxy substance... it holds much better... and the contents do no shrink.

Same stuff though.

Adams

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Same thing... just they changed their production to that waxy substance... it holds much better... and the contents do no shrink.

Same stuff though.

Adams
i asked the same question......its the ingredients emulsified and mixed with a sesame seed oil....from what i understand it is more accurate dosing and better delivery in this form (aka the product works better)...but ALOT messier... no worries.... you just got the newer, superior run of DCP.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
All true, except that I dont believe there should be an oily substance covering the inside of the bottle nor covering the caps. It sounds to me like one of the caps broke, or something happened in the filling process. The caps should be dry on the outside and the inside of the bottle should be clean as well...

I think. At least, mine is not oily inside the bottle or on the caps.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
All true, except that I dont believe there should be an oily substance covering the inside of the bottle nor covering the caps. It sounds to me like one of the caps broke, or something happened in the filling process. The caps should be dry on the outside and the inside of the bottle should be clean as well...

I think. At least, mine is not oily inside the bottle or on the caps.
my bottle....the inside of the bottle was coated mostly and i disperse them into a pill holder for different times of the day..and the ones i had DCP in had a yellow substance in them also.....so im guessing some of the caps leak.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my bottle....the inside of the bottle was coated mostly and i disperse them into a pill holder for different times of the day..and the ones i had DCP in had a yellow substance in them also.....so im guessing some of the caps leak.
Mine were a little oily to... just as were my Scivations Sesamin caps... they utilize the same process also. So I dont believe its a busted cap or anything. I think its just nature of the beast.

Adams

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine were a little oily to... just as were my Scivations Sesamin caps... they utilize the same process also. So I dont believe its a busted cap or anything. I think its just nature of the beast.

Adams
I've noticed exactly the same thing in my latest DCP and Scivation Sesamin bottles. I didn't notice it right away though, it has seemed to become more apparent as I get further into the bottle contents.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
my bottle isnt oily...but i do notice in the clear part there is yellowish stuff

BigDog77

Awards
WTF -I just checked my bottle of DCP and it has the same red top and run number VHM06362 EXP 12/08. The pills however look like cayenne pepper and are in no way purple. They are brownish/red. Did I get screwed?????

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WTF -I just checked my bottle of DCP and it has the same red top and run number VHM06362 EXP 12/08. The pills however look like cayenne pepper and are in no way purple. They are brownish/red. Did I get screwed?????
I'm not sure why he stated a purple powder. The original run was brownish powder mix in the smaller caps.

The new capping procedure does sort of hint at a purplish blend, but it is for the most part still brown.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
i got three bottles waiting for my enjoyment, cant wait to get back up on the horse and go

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was just reading the writeup of DCP and it says that, "The increased activity also increases oxidation of pyruvate." This indirectly infers that it increases the production of ATP, right?

Why not add that to your writeup? That's a pretty nice selling point IMO!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Response from NP forum:

For anybody who cares:
Yes, it does. Increased mitochondrial activity is one of the most potent effects of DCP, which cause both fat burning AND endurance increase.