creatine and teens

bigjoey84

Awards
any opinions on creatine use and teenagers using it say at the ages of 13-17? wanted to hear some opinions on this issue. or if anybody has links that would be great.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
13? That's kinda, um, early, no?

I'd let my kid use it at 16 at the earliest.

bigjoey84

Awards
creatine/teens

wellif u go to PDRHealth it says not good for teens, but i need more opinions on the issue

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Creatine will make your balls shrink and your growth plates close if you are under 21.:ntome:

bigjoey84

Awards
creatine

ok if your going to give a answer then plesae give a link to the research or report where that information is. it will help in getting a medicial opinion on this issue. thanks

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i started using it at 15-16 and besides putting on a lot of weight quite quickly i had no issues. I was about 6' 160lbs. I'm now 6'2 230lbs. i certainly don't think it stunted my growth at all. And my nuts work just fine.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Creatine will make your balls shrink and your growth plates close if you are under 21.:ntome:
hes joking people. those are side effects associated with steroids. a lot of idiots dont know the difference between creatine and steroids.

steroids are testosterone based substances with similiar structures to cholesterol.

creatine is converted to creatine phosphate which is simply a store of simple energy inside a cell.

big difference.

doctors like to say that anything that hasnt been studied for 50 years is dangerious. can anyone tell me how creatine is in any way shape or form more harmful to a teenager than anyone else? or harmful at all for that matter?

and just to throw it out there. there is a ton of pure creatine in any type of meat or fish. we all seem to still be truckin' after eating a couple of hamburgers.

giving it to a 13 year old is pretty pointless. at least wait until the individual is muscularly developed and knows how to work out. there is really no point in applying creatine before high school.

bigjoey84

Awards
well thats the point all current research done by suppliement companies involve adults not teenages. and all medical astudies have do the same. since teens are still growing the issue is does it affect anything? if you google creatine and research out u do come accross some adverse side effects and nothing on any suppliement company website has
research to show how it affects teenagers.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well thats the point all current research done by suppliement companies involve adults not teenages. and all medical astudies have do the same. since teens are still growing the issue is does it affect anything? if you google creatine and research out u do come accross some adverse side effects and nothing on any suppliement company website has
creatine is not a hormone or drug. the only drug like properties it has displayed in any studies are a.) increase in muscle strength (duh) and b.) neuroprotective properties (due to either a simple increase in available energy for the cell to use or an ability to block cell death).

again, if you want to find a buttload of creatine, go look in your fridge and take a gander at a piece of steak. its really no big deal

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
From personal experience i never had any issues nor did my brothers and most of our friends. Its very popular in Australia. Teachers at school had all the rugby players on it along with weight programs for 14-15 yr old kids and above. Who knows maybe it has somehow effected me but i've had blood tests done for various things and nothing fishy has ever come up. My BP is spot on and so is cholesterol. It must be the most widely used supplement in the world. I think if it caused any issues they would have been made public a long time ago.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
jomi I cant give you anymore reps but I'd like to say you are right on!

keater824

keater824

Awards
creatine is just a make up of amino acids; Im fifteen, personally i have used size on with a good diet and had great results bench up 95 pounds, many kids my age dont know anything about supplements or what they do or have a good diet all they talk is about buy steroids online and using them even though they mostly fake they don't know any thing about pct, ; a couple of kids in the weight room are currently trying to get their weight up for football but they aren't eating high quality meals such as chicken, steak, turkey, tuna etc instead there eating cafeteria fries and mozzarellas and moan and groan how they are not putting muscle on but fat; kids my age aren't used achieve things by hard work and discipline kids always have and want instant grafiction
thats my 2 cents

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hard work is what makes gains.

at 13-17, you dont need creatine. your body is in a hormonal G spot. lifting and eating correctly will slam the weight and strength on very quickly.

there is too much dependance on supplements rather than diet and training method.

how jomi822 gained 40lbs in 3 months when he was 16:
1. over a gallon of milk a day
2. cut out junk and fried food
3. lift HEAVY. i aimed for 5-10 reps. DO NOT TRAIN FOR "THE BURN" (its just lactic acid on your muscles....)

its really a very simple process if the protein is where it should be.

SHADOW2492

Awards
Hard work is what makes gains.

at 13-17, you dont need creatine. your body is in a hormonal G spot. lifting and eating correctly will slam the weight and strength on very quickly.

there is too much dependance on supplements rather than diet and training method.

how jomi822 gained 40lbs in 3 months when he was 16:
1. over a gallon of milk a day
2. cut out junk and fried food
3. lift HEAVY. i aimed for 5-10 reps. DO NOT TRAIN FOR "THE BURN" (its just lactic acid on your muscles....)

its really a very simple process if the protein is where it should be.
As far as I know this is one of those often misrepresented facts. The burn does aid in growth not the burn itself, but what causes it does.
Lactic acid is a energy source so is actually beneficial, in fact it doesnt really exist in the blood
Lactate does not cause fatigue, and on the contrary is a useful and efficient fuel source. Lactic acid does not exist in the blood. As soon as it is produced, the substance thought to be lactic acid disassociates into lactate and hydrogen (More on lactate and hydrogen below). A lactate analyzer measures the concentration of lactate (a useful fuel) in the blood.

It has been debated for awhile whether the pump is actually beneficial, and logically it is. Pump occurs in the higher reps ranges around 8-10 (hypertrophy or growth range) I doubt this is coincidence. Also blood stretches the fascia, much like synthol does allowing for more growth. I am fairly certain there is science to back up these blood-pump-growth links. I will search to find it.

Creatine is in steak and other red meats, so to me there is no causal link to say that creatine should stunt growth if anything will improve it.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can hit 30 reps and get one hell of a "burn", but that is not going to build as much muscle as 10 heavy reps with a struggle at the end without the burn.

Damaging and forcing the muscle tissue to become stronger and to repair itself is what causes hypertrophy, not simply going through high repittions and depleting the muscles anaerobic energy stores. High reps is too much like spinning the wheels on a car for me. stick with the heavy motions for growth.

that being said, on an incredibly small scale lactic acid faciliates a conversion of system igf-1 to igf-1 lr3 in muscles.

SHADOW2492

Awards
i wasnt arguing with you :think:
Ya I just realized we were basically agreeing on all things here . Sorry about that. I must have misread poor sleep the past few days and am irritable. I mustve saw what you said about lactic acid as it being a bad thing, somehow lol.:icon_lol: I edited my post if you could to thanks to remove my quote.