Protein Factory

1. Registered User

Protein Factory

Hey guys, I'm thinking of trying out my first customized protein and I was wondering what you guys knew about the service, taste, quality, and shipping times of Proteinfactory.com . I remember Allthewhey being a sponsor but heard bad stories with certain shipping times being quite long, but I am not sure to how true this is as you do have internet trolls. I looked at trueprotein.com, but they dont offer a complex carb source, where as proteinfactory has out powder and i think rice powder.......any help is appreciated as I want to order soon, thanks guys!

2. Registered User

bump
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

order from one of the sponsors here, enough said. bsl has good protein, true protein, and annobolic innovations.
    •   

4. Ron Paul... phuck yeah!

I didn't know ash was a source of protein.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    order from one of the sponsors here, enough said. bsl has good protein, true protein, and annobolic innovations.
    ditto, same or better qaulity
  6. Registered User

hey risk what was the ash comment in reference too, I'll check out the board sponsors, but does any of them offer a low glycemic carb in their mixes?
  7. Ron Paul... phuck yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    hey risk what was the ash comment in reference too, I'll check out the board sponsors, but does any of them offer a low glycemic carb in their mixes?
    It was rumored that one of the non-sponsored co's was using ash as a filler.

TP has waxy maize and trehalose:

True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements
  8. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

riskarb, Good Lord Man, What a bargain compared to what you'd pay for Vitargo or some of the other Waxy Maize Starches out there. Good Call!
  9. Registered User

Hey Riskarb, I saw the WMS, but isn't it's benefit that it is digested quicker than DEXTROSE? I want something slow burning, plus I heard WMS loses it's benefits when taken with protein, hence why people will take WMS, then wait like 15mins, then take a shake....I believe Justin "Troponin" Harris wrote an article about it on musculardevelopment.com. Honestly I dont know anything about Trehalose, could you fill me in on what it does?
  10. Ron Paul... phuck yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    riskarb, Good Lord Man, What a bargain compared to what you'd pay for Vitargo or some of the other Waxy Maize Starches out there. Good Call!
    YW. Just be careful with the hydrolyzed product, very bitter. Best to heed Dante's warning on taste.
  11. Ron Paul... phuck yeah!

Hey Riskarb, I saw the WMS, but isn't it's benefit that it is digested quicker than DEXTROSE? I want something slow burning, plus I heard WMS loses it's benefits when taken with protein, hence why people will take WMS, then wait like 15mins, then take a shake....I believe Justin "Troponin" Harris wrote an article about it on musculardevelopment.com. Honestly I dont know anything about Trehalose, could you fill me in on what it does?
    I have no clue, other than it's available at TP. Solubility is low, which would tend to slow digestion. Correct, WMS is assimilated faster than Dex.

Bumping the thread for some insight on Trehalose.
  12. Registered User

WMS benifits are not completely lost when consumed with protein. Yes, it slows it down a bit, but even WITH protein, it is still absorbed much more quickly than other things.
  13. Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
  14. tpc
    Co-Owner of True Protein
    Board Sponsor

we should have our oat fiber and rice dextrin in by the middle of march hopefully sooner, sorry for the delay guys.

as for the trehalose, there is a thread about in the true protein forum down below.

thanks,
    doug
  15. tpc
    Co-Owner of True Protein
    Board Sponsor

ok, i have been seeing this more and more, and this statement has a few holes in it. people are taking their WMS first along with aminos etc. in hopes that the high molecular weight of the WMS will help shuttle other nutrients that are taking along with it to be absorbed quicker. justin is recommending taking the protein seperate not because WMS loses it's benefits if taken together, but he recommends it so the aminos you are taking in free form (L-) are not competeing for absorption by the other aminos taken in when drinking your protein powder. i hope that made sense.

in no way does mixing WMS and protein deminish any effects. honestly doing things like justin does, and we have discussed it many times, is great, but there is also the element of there is only so much time in the day. i know i am a busy person and when i am done training, i am taking down my shake of WMS, amino's and protein all at the same time. i just don't have time to "time" it like some do. in my opinion, and much about WMS (amylopectin) as of late is based on theory and opinion, mixing them all together is OK.

thanks,
    doug
  16. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tpc View Post
    ok, i have been seeing this more and more, and this statement has a few holes in it. people are taking their WMS first along with aminos etc. in hopes that the high molecular weight of the WMS will help shuttle other nutrients that are taking along with it to be absorbed quicker. justin is recommending taking the protein seperate not because WMS loses it's benefits if taken together, but he recommends it so the aminos you are taking in free form (L-) are not competeing for absorption by the other aminos taken in when drinking your protein powder. i hope that made sense.

in no way does mixing WMS and protein deminish any effects. honestly doing things like justin does, and we have discussed it many times, is great, but there is also the element of there is only so much time in the day. i know i am a busy person and when i am done training, i am taking down my shake of WMS, amino's and protein all at the same time. i just don't have time to "time" it like some do. in my opinion, and much about WMS (amylopectin) as of late is based on theory and opinion, mixing them all together is OK.

thanks,
    doug

well said.
  17. Registered User

Thanks for that info Tpc, I was a bit worried about that, but I'm the same way, when I'm done working out I have to drive mix my shake/wms/bcaa/glut drink it while writing down the list of things the wife wants me to stop at the store and get, while screaming at the kids to not jump off the roof.. Well it's not that bad, but I'm really busy to, so I just toss it all in a water bottle and down it, glad to hear that's works...

Quote Originally Posted by tpc View Post

thanks,
    doug
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. hydrolyzed whey...Protein Factory?
    By swoody in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 06:59 PM
  2. Protein Factory?
    By Neuromancer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 11:05 AM