Fatty gut

vertjeep30

Awards
Hey guys,

Quick question.. Im a little new at all of this but Id figure i get some advice from the real guys

TheGut

TheGut

Awards
A clean diet and keep the running up. It is a common misconception that situps will give you abs. It makes your core stronger, which is important, so keep it up. Eat a clean diet and drink up three litres of water every day. Do not eat any carbs after five in the afternoon and eat at least six small meals a day.

That is about it...

vertjeep30

Awards
repost

Thanks if anyone knows anymore things let me know please

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Uh, clearly it's having an effect if you're getting a beer belly from one night of drinking.
Pubmed Summary - Alcoholic beverages as a source of estrogens.
Gavaler JS.
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, University of Oklahoma College of Public Health, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA.

Alcoholic beverages contain not only alcohol but also numerous other substances (i.e., congeners) that may contribute to the beverages' physiological effects. Plants used to produce alcoholic beverages contain estrogenlike substances (i.e., phytoestrogens). Observations that men with alcoholic cirrhosis often show testicular failure and symptoms of feminization have suggested that alcoholic beverages may contain biologically active phytoestrogens as congeners. Biochemical analyses have identified several phytoestrogens in the congeners of bourbon, beer, and wine. Studies using subjects who produced no estrogen themselves (i.e., rats whose ovaries had been removed and postmenopausal women) demonstrated that phytoestrogens in alcoholic beverage congeners exerted estrogenlike effects in both animals and humans. Those effects were observed even at moderate drinking levels.

PMID: 15706799 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
How I make sense of the beer gut is that estrogen and phytoestrogens raise IGF-1 and therefore you can get the water bloated/distended gut from it. That's my explanation.

vertjeep30

Awards
thanks

hey bro dont gotta be smart about it .. I mostly take shots now .. but all i asked is what the best suplements would be

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
VertJeep,

Here is your chance to come clean that this is all a joke.

No, ok.
You're going to need to evaluate your overall diet, with the drinking included. Try posting your nutrition and drinking consumption in the Nutrition section for specific advice. All the supplements in the world won't help unless you work on the important stuff first. Take it seriously too. Some people are predisposed to the storage of fat on the gut area... and this is definitely not a good thing for long term health.
Large Omentum is not a young man's friend. Just ask the ladies.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
So nothing to do with the empty Kcals that alcohol has?
Calories wouldn't be my worry...you can factor that in and modify your diet accordingly, it's the negative side-effects of alcohol I'm thinking of although I have no idea at what point it would become a visible/noticable problem.

Ditto to what Lanbane said.

vertjeep30

Awards
hmmm i see.. thanks ... more advice would be appreciated

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Calories wouldn't be my worry...you can factor that in and modify your diet accordingly, it's the negative side-effects of alcohol I'm thinking of although I have no idea at what point it would become a visible/noticable problem.

Ditto to what Lanbane said.
I was under the impression that the body burns off ethanol as a fuel source primarily, and then other sources once ethanol is removed. If this is true, eating when consuming alcohol is setting people up for fat gain as pretty much all carbohydrate will be stored as fat (and it takes about an hour to burn off one drink).

Not to mention the lowering of testosterone/GH, the increase in estrogen (through phytoestrogens and I'm fairly certain, increased aromatization) and the obliteration of protein synthesis.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a pretty good assumption there enigma, I don't believe it burns off alcohol as primary fuel source so much as it takes what is in most abundance and uses it as fuel. That being said a gram of OH contains 7 kcal, so it's a lot easier to increase the amount of OH cals then your carb or protein cals. In this way it would, more times then not, result in over abundance of OH cals, liver conversion to acetate for fuel, and the rest converted to VLDL for fat storage. It would also lead to excessive amounts of unused cals from your other source and an increase in endogenous fat conversion of those substances as well.... just as you stated. Either way, it looks like alcohol and food at the same time would be a no, no.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I won't bash you about your alcohol consumption, other than to say that I agree with what the others have posted...

That said, in order for us to give you good advice we need to know more about you. Can you outline your current exercise program, diet, height, weight and body fat?

Workin

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Seriously there are no supps you can take at a healthy dose that will get rid of your problem. excercise is the key for you, since i get the feeling diet isn't something your after. Take the time you do doing situps and go for a jog, or jump rope or something. AND there are some great threads in here on the unwanted mid-section fat. search around.