• RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bulk BCAAs, added to either Xtend, ICE, or Excell

M

moflika

Awards
I'm going to have to go with Xtend, since that's what I use but they're all pretty much the same.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Excell...hands down.

Workin

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk BCAAs, added to either Xtend, ICE, or Excell
I have to say, the bulk BCAA's from NP are excellent. I've ordered from other sites and got poor mixability. NP's are very fine, and mix terrifically.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Hey Crowler, how do I order an Excell sample as opposed to a whey protein one? The site just says "sample".
Hey M4gnum,

Thank you for your questions.

In the comments section just indicate that you want the Excell and what flavor.

CROWLER

L

LTX

Awards
Since Excell and Xtend are the same thing and I can get Excell cheaper and I like my rasberry flavor quite a lot, I'm gonna have to go with Excell.

M

myname

Banned
Awards
Bulk L-Leucine w/out the designer bullsh*t to go along with it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk L-Leucine w/out the designer bullsh*t to go along with it.
What is exactly is BS about Excell or Xtend? They're both BCAAs, Glutamine, Citrulline, and B-6. Nothing really fancy: just simple and effective.

M

myname

Banned
Awards
What is exactly is BS about Excell or Xtend? They're both BCAAs, Glutamine, Citrulline, and B-6. Nothing really fancy: just simple and effective.
No BS, just too expensive. If your eating right, then bulk leucine is all you need and is king for protein synthesis. CM is cool too, a lot more functional than arginine IMO. Glutamine is super meh...and I personally don't think a person will see any difference from taking it or not.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No BS, just too expensive. If your eating right, then bulk leucine is all you need and is king for protein synthesis. CM is cool too, a lot more functional than arginine IMO. Glutamine is super meh...and I personally don't think a person will see any difference from taking it or not.
NOt really a fan of CM. Glutamine is arguably worthless. But although Leucine is the most important of the 3, I've read that Isoleucine and valine are important in preventing an imbalance.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. Bulk Leucine does the job . The most important BCaa.
Research shows it. Pubmed dot com

M

myname

Banned
Awards
NOt really a fan of CM. Glutamine is arguably worthless. But although Leucine is the most important of the 3, I've read that Isoleucine and valine are important in preventing an imbalance.
The only way to create an imbalance is if you are in a fasted state and only supplementing w/ free form leucine as your predominate amino source. Other than that if your eating a normal diet high in animal protein then you are in no state to create an imbalance with l-leucine supplementation. Many great minds have already beat the imbalance issue to death and l-leucine is king hands down.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only way to create an imbalance is if you are in a fasted state and only supplementing w/ free form leucine as your predominate amino source. Other than that if your eating a normal diet high in animal protein then you are in no state to create an imbalance with l-leucine supplementation. Many great minds have already beat the imbalance issue to death and l-leucine is king hands down.
good info. Maybe I'll start paying half as much for my aminos now.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
bump for the bulk bcaas. xtend grape taste pretty good though. but for the $$ bulk is the only way to go.

U

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
some bulk bcaa added to AI's Excell :woohoo:
btw, i think Universal's Animal Nitro is not just a BCAA, it's an EAA product :head:

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
some bulk bcaa added to AI's Excell :woohoo:
btw, i think Universal's Animal Nitro is not just a BCAA, it's an EAA product :head:
I think many may be confused and think Excell is simply BCAA's and flavoring. Remember it also contains CM, Glutamine and B-6...all of which are very synergistic. I like the idea of adding Bulk BCAA's to Excell though...:head:

Workin

BeachPimp

BeachPimp

Banned
Awards
I think many may be confused and think Excell is simply BCAA's and flavoring. Remember it also contains CM, Glutamine and B-6...all of which are very synergistic. I like the idea of adding Bulk BCAA's to Excell though...:head:

Workin
Glutamine is useless and I can get plenty of B-6 from my diet.
I do like CM for my cardio.

But I'd have to say Leucine for the win. (PUBMED)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
check out Purple Wraath. Its an EAA (so it includes BCAA as well). you can get a free sample. see the thread int his section or in our company section :)
Subtle. Real subtle.

U

ultraman

Awards
  • Established

Workin
yea ur right, thanks :thumbsup:

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I recently bought BCAA from BN and had heard about BCAA's mixing so poorly. This didn't have that issue. I mixed it in a shaker bottle w/ waxy maize and V-12 Turbo and everything mixed fine.

C

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Axis Labs BCAA Ethyl Ester with ICE.

That's how I roll it and LOVE it.

I also LOVED Controlled Labs Purple WRAATH, very solid product.

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
I love to Xtend my **** into my woman! Im thinking of going the bulk BCAA's next time b/c it will last for a few months! Got to love NutraPlanet so we can remain cheap bastards!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Axis Labs - BCAA Ethyl Ester.

Mainly bc I don't have to mix up another drink. Also use Xtend sometimes too.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Axis Labs - BCAA Ethyl Ester.

Mainly bc I don't have to mix up another drink. Also use Xtend sometimes too.
I mix Poseidon with Excell and a few other goodies...EXCELLENT workouts!

Axis Labs and Controlled Labs both seem to have some interesting products I'm going to have to try mixed with my Pre workout Poseidon/Excell concoction. :thumbsup:

Workin

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I mix Poseidon with Excell and a few other goodies...EXCELLENT workouts!

Axis Labs and Controlled Labs both seem to have some interesting products I'm going to have to try mixed with my Pre workout Poseidon/Excell concoction. :thumbsup:

Workin
Thats what I'm talkin about!

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
I love to mix lemonade Xtend with watermelon Xtend.....it is VERY tasty, and is not as tart as lemonade alone.

M

Mar430

Awards
Yo, do you think that the multi-vitamin Animal Pak contains enuf amino acids where a person really would have to get a bcaa on the side?? (just tryin to save money where possible, but also willin to spend to keep the body healthy, ya know)

L

lazerss9

Awards
Yo, do you think that the multi-vitamin Animal Pak contains enuf amino acids where a person really would have to get a bcaa on the side?? (just tryin to save money where possible, but also willin to spend to keep the body healthy, ya know)
considering most people talk about taking at least 5g/day min, id say u need to get another supp. animal pak only has .1g leucine and .76g valine, but no isoleucine.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I feel that it is difficult to say 'which is the best' ? I think the poll should say 'What is the most popular and what is the most used BCAAs' ?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I currently have bulk BCAAs, but they are pretty nasty tasting so I have to mix with crystal light or tang. I will be purchasing Xtend or Wraath though and adding my bulk BCAAs into it though. Why spending money on a bunck of aspartame or splenda with crystal light when I can buy xtend/wraath for similar price?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Buy bulk n' cap it.
I thought about that. But then I got wondering how many caps it would take to get like 10grams of BCAA into it? That stuff is so fine, powdery, and light that you'd probably have to swallow 15 of those babies. I could be totally wrong though, maybe somebody with actual experience can correct me.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I thought about that. But then I got wondering how many caps it would take to get like 10grams of BCAA into it? That stuff is so fine, powdery, and light that you'd probably have to swallow 15 of those babies. I could be totally wrong though, maybe somebody with actual experience can correct me.
They have some capping sets and just buy the biggest caps they have. You put the caps in a slot then run something across the powder till all the caps are full. Then just put on the tops.

I'm anything I take I always always always opt for pills/caps before mixing powder. Its just more convient for me that way.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Different caps have different amounts of powder so, yeah you might wind up taking quite a few of them. I actually cap my metamucil b/c I hate mixing it up in water or drink..(damn stuff dosen't even dissolve anyway and just sinks to the bottom...lol)

D

dam225

Awards
I'm going to throw Core ABC into the mix...but I am biased. :)

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
I'm using ajinomoto BCAA , and it is the best , but taste is not so good , also truprotein BCAAs are good

M

mcneely011

Awards
I'm using ajinomoto BCAA , and it is the best , but taste is not so good , also truprotein BCAAs are good
true protein bcaa's taste like ass in my opinion but that is probably how all bulk bcaa's are from what i've heard

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
I currently have bulk BCAAs, but they are pretty nasty tasting so I have to mix with crystal light or tang. I will be purchasing Xtend or Wraath though and adding my bulk BCAAs into it though. Why spending money on a bunck of aspartame or splenda with crystal light when I can buy xtend/wraath for similar price?
thats exactly what I said I ordered my xtend from NP monday and it was like $10 bucks more than the bulk amino that dosent have the vit b or cit malate in it.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
thats exactly what I said I ordered my xtend from NP monday and it was like $10 bucks more than the bulk amino that dosent have the vit b or cit malate in it.
Once thing to remember though is that a KG of Bulk BCAAs actually has 1000g of BCAA for like $35. The large Xtend for $45, while it totals over 1000g of product really only has 630g of BCAA in the tub. That's why I going for bulk BCAA and mixing with either crystal light or even better, going 1/2 serving Xtend with 1 serving BCAA.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Once thing to remember though is that a KG of Bulk BCAAs actually has 1000g of BCAA for like $35. The large Xtend for $45, while it totals over 1000g of product really only has 630g of BCAA in the tub. That's why I going for bulk BCAA and mixing with either crystal light or even better, going 1/2 serving Xtend with 1 serving BCAA.
true I think I might get some bulk and try doing half and half

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fow Foods has a branched chain amino acid powder that is cheaper than all of the ones mentioned so far. its got some damn damn good reviews over at 1fast/bn. have not tried it yet but i have never been disappointed with a Now product so i am gonna order some and see how it goes one day

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Extend hands down, mixes easily and quickly, and it tastes great! No ass taste at all!