Poll: What is the best BCAA product?

Best BCAA

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Markoni321 View Post
    I would agree, but yet disagree, if that makes sense. If u want good AA, both leucine and BCAA are great. I like to mix my watermelon XTEND into my water bottle and drink it during my workout, and sometimes even sip on bottle water full of watermelon XTEND throughout the day.

    For PWO, i take like 10-15g of Leucine.

    Just my opinion, but the taste of the XTEND is far better than bulk LEUCINE...but not that big of a deal.

    thanks
    •   
       


  2. Quote Originally Posted by ultraman View Post
    some bulk bcaa added to AI's Excell
    btw, i think Universal's Animal Nitro is not just a BCAA, it's an EAA product

    or add bulk Leucine to your XTEND. Make it last longer.

  3. I'd say custom capsule extend bcaa is cheap

  4. My work out maxmizer has 30 grams per every 100 grams. Love the taste bannana flavor.
    •   
       


  5. purple wraath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

  6. Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    My work out maxmizer has 30 grams per every 100 grams. Love the taste bannana flavor.
    That's a protein powder, not a bcaa supplement.

  7. purple wraath for me...

    Whats different about the v3 grape flavor?

  8. I usually have BCAA by Supplement Direct. It's pretty cheap and works fine for me. I comes in plastic bags. And has a 2:1:1 ratio.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by nightfly71 View Post
    That's a protein powder, not a bcaa supplement.
    I use it for its bcaa content so I don't see how you say its not a bcaa supplement. I am supplementing my body with the work out maxmizer which has 30 grams of bcaa's per 100 grams of aminos.

    Pluse some one metioned purple wrath which is a bunch of aminos too.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by BeachPimp;
    Glutamine is useless and I can get plenty of B-6 from my diet...
    I have come across several positions in this forum maintaining that glutamine is "worthless" or "useless". I find this conclusion hard to justify.

    Recall the following:

    Gluamine is neither an essential nor a non-essential amino acid. It is a conditionally essential amino acid. This means the body is unable to produce enough glutamine under certain circumstances such as periods of intense exercises, after surgery, infectious disease, and so on.

    The body uses about 20 or so amino acids in protein synthesis. Of these, Glutamine is the most abundant, making up about 50% of blood amino acid concentration and 60% of total amino acids in the body. After BCAAs, Glutamine is the next most important amino acid for anabolism. As a nitrogen and carbon donor, glutamine is an important muscle-building amino acid. Glutamine possesses a unique structure: It contains two nitrogen side chains. This means that it is responsible for about a third of the nitrogen that penetrates the muscle cell. As an anti-catabolic amino acid, glutamine regulates protein synthesis in muscles by preserving muscle cells and boosting post-exercise muscle glycogen. Glutamine's capacity to maintain lean mass and enhance nitrogen retention is also particularly important during periods of low calorie intake.

    Glutamine synthesis protects the body and brain from ammonia toxicity. Glutamine can cross the blood-brain barrier. At the brain level, Glutamine is a crucial substrate for the production of excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters, glutamate and glutamate and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). Some glutamate is used in the synthesis of Niacin and Glutathione, some as energy, and some as neurotransmitter. Furthermore, the nervous system requires Glutamine as a source of energy. When the brain does not receive enough glucose, it increases glutamine metabolism for energy. This is why glutamine is sometimes referred to as "brain food". Also, glutamine helps prevent hypoglycemia, as it is converted to glucose when blood sugar is low. Glutamine also helps in regulating cellular fluid levels via its dependence on sodium transport.

    Glutamine plays a vital role in supporting the immune system via boosting the white blood cells, and is important in maintaining the integrity of the gastro-intestinal lining.

    In my opinion, therefore, the only problem with glutamine supplementation that could give the erroneous impression that glutamine is worthless, is the fact that only about 20% of regular L-Glutamine consumed ever reach the blood stream to elicit anti-cataboilic and anabolic effects. This means that 80% of ingested Glutamine is absorbed by the intestines and used for immune-system support. To get around this situation, very large amounts (> 20g) of Glutamine would need to be supplemented daily. Some have even suggested placing the glutamine directly under the tongue and allowing it to dissolve slowly. This way more Glutamine will be absorbed into the blood stream. Alternatively, advanced Gluamine forms and Glutamine precursors can be used. Examples include L-Glutamine-Alpha Ketoglutarate, N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine, N-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, L-Alanine, and Alpha Ketoglutarate. This way, a smaller quantity would be required.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I have come across several positions in this forum maintaining that glutamine is "worthless" or "useless". I find this conclusion hard to justify.

    Recall the following:

    Gluamine is neither an essential nor a non-essential amino acid. It is a conditionally essential amino acid. This means the body is unable to produce enough glutamine under certain circumstances such as periods of intense exercises, after surgery, infectious disease, and so on.

    The body uses about 20 or so amino acids in protein synthesis. Of these, Glutamine is the most abundant, making up about 50% of blood amino acid concentration and 60% of total amino acids in the body. After BCAAs, Glutamine is the next most important amino acid for anabolism. As a nitrogen and carbon donor, glutamine is an important muscle-building amino acid. Glutamine possesses a unique structure: It contains two nitrogen side chains. This means that it is responsible for about a third of the nitrogen that penetrates the muscle cell. As an anti-catabolic amino acid, glutamine regulates protein synthesis in muscles by preserving muscle cells and boosting post-exercise muscle glycogen. Glutamine's capacity to maintain lean mass and enhance nitrogen retention is also particularly important during periods of low calorie intake.

    Glutamine synthesis protects the body and brain from ammonia toxicity. Glutamine can cross the blood-brain barrier. At the brain level, Glutamine is a crucial substrate for the production of excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters, glutamate and glutamate and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). Some glutamate is used in the synthesis of Niacin and Glutathione, some as energy, and some as neurotransmitter. Furthermore, the nervous system requires Glutamine as a source of energy. When the brain does not receive enough glucose, it increases glutamine metabolism for energy. This is why glutamine is sometimes referred to as "brain food". Also, glutamine helps prevent hypoglycemia, as it is converted to glucose when blood sugar is low. Glutamine also helps in regulating cellular fluid levels via its dependence on sodium transport.

    Glutamine plays a vital role in supporting the immune system via boosting the white blood cells, and is important in maintaining the integrity of the gastro-intestinal lining.

    In my opinion, therefore, the only problem with glutamine supplementation that could give the erroneous impression that glutamine is worthless, is the fact that only about 20% of regular L-Glutamine consumed ever reach the blood stream to elicit anti-cataboilic and anabolic effects. This means that 80% of ingested Glutamine is absorbed by the intestines and used for immune-system support. To get around this situation, very large amounts (> 20g) of Glutamine would need to be supplemented daily. Some have even suggested placing the glutamine directly under the tongue and allowing it to dissolve slowly. This way more Glutamine will be absorbed into the blood stream. Alternatively, advanced Gluamine forms and Glutamine precursors can be used. Examples include L-Glutamine-Alpha Ketoglutarate, N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine, N-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, L-Alanine, and Alpha Ketoglutarate. This way, a smaller quantity would be required.
    you sir, are very knowledgeable.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  12. Glutamine is NOT worthless! It makes great cap filler.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  13. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt;
    you sir, are very knowledgeable.
    These are well-known facts. They are not my invention, so I cannot take credit for them.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr;
    Glutamine is NOT worthless! It makes great cap filler.
    I take this to be a joke. I have no personal interest in whether or not anyone consumes glutamine. I simply reacted to an apparently well-established tradition of misplaced "glutamine bashing"!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  15. I'm gonna stick to bulk BCAA's from NP, mixed in with some Xtend. That sounds good enough to me.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I take this to be a joke. I have no personal interest in whether or not anyone consumes glutamine. I simply reacted to an apparently well-established tradition of misplaced "glutamine bashing"!
    Of course it was a joke! Look who posted it.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  17. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr;
    Of course it was a joke! Look who posted it.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by luke1984 View Post
    I usually have BCAA by Supplement Direct. It's pretty cheap and works fine for me. I comes in plastic bags. And has a 2:1:1 ratio.

    My Bcaas come in pastic too


    http://www.und.edu/instruct/jiverson...reasts_raw.jpg

  19. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

    CHICKEN ???? Are you kidding me????


    pffttttt You can't build muscle til you spend $1000 a month on 5 different supplement stacks.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  20. xcell gets my votes, tons of flavors and they listened when we wanted taurine instead of glutamine!

    awesome and responsive company

  21. Xtend just tastes the best, and when you drink the **** 3 times a day, you'll appreciate the flavour varieties.

    I really wish there was Xtend Lemonaid Flavour, but insted of BCAA, EAA/Leucine + Creatine Mono, Beta-alanine, Citruline Malate (all at 5g each)
    Someone bring my dreams to life.

  22. my vote OtheR:

    CORE ABC, taste great too

  23. How does Watermelon Xtend taste?

  24. Watermelon Xtend + bulk BCAA is the way to go for me. I just ordered more Xtend and will be trying grape, lemonade, and orange. I mix equal number of scoops of Xtend and bulk BCAA.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by MESSPLAY View Post
    purple wraath for me...
    :dl:
    CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: pt [at] controlledlabs.com
  26. Wink


    any tricks to getting bcaa"s and leucine to taste a little better? these are awful lol

  27. I've heard some people use Crystal Light packets.

  28. bodytech

  29. Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    I've heard some people use Crystal Light packets.
    Yep, crystal lite works great, especially the raspberry flavor, completely masks the flavor if you use enough.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best BCAA flavor for ICE
    By RonShipman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 08:00 PM
  2. The Best BCAA.....?
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 01:21 PM
  3. Best BCAA mix...?
    By rabican in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 03:05 PM
  4. best bcaa supp?
    By tim1985 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
  5. What's the best bcaa/eaa poweder
    By FitModel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Log in
Log in