Poll: What is the best BCAA product?

Best BCAA

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.43%

I'm going to throw Core ABC into the mix...but I am biased. :-)

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%

I'm using ajinomoto BCAA , and it is the best , but taste is not so good , also truprotein BCAAs are good
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Markoni321 View Post
    I'm using ajinomoto BCAA , and it is the best , but taste is not so good , also truprotein BCAAs are good
    true protein bcaa's taste like ass in my opinion but that is probably how all bulk bcaa's are from what i've heard
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%

Quote Originally Posted by mcneely011 View Post
    true protein bcaa's taste like ass in my opinion but that is probably how all bulk bcaa's are from what i've heard
    yes , ajinomoto BCAA have same taste as trueprotein BCAA
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%

Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    I currently have bulk BCAAs, but they are pretty nasty tasting so I have to mix with crystal light or tang. I will be purchasing Xtend or Wraath though and adding my bulk BCAAs into it though. Why spending money on a bunck of aspartame or splenda with crystal light when I can buy xtend/wraath for similar price?
    thats exactly what I said I ordered my xtend from NP monday and it was like $10 bucks more than the bulk amino that dosent have the vit b or cit malate in it.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224 View Post
    thats exactly what I said I ordered my xtend from NP monday and it was like $10 bucks more than the bulk amino that dosent have the vit b or cit malate in it.
    Once thing to remember though is that a KG of Bulk BCAAs actually has 1000g of BCAA for like $35. The large Xtend for $45, while it totals over 1000g of product really only has 630g of BCAA in the tub. That's why I going for bulk BCAA and mixing with either crystal light or even better, going 1/2 serving Xtend with 1 serving BCAA.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%

Once thing to remember though is that a KG of Bulk BCAAs actually has 1000g of BCAA for like $35. The large Xtend for $45, while it totals over 1000g of product really only has 630g of BCAA in the tub. That's why I going for bulk BCAA and mixing with either crystal light or even better, going 1/2 serving Xtend with 1 serving BCAA.
    true I think I might get some bulk and try doing half and half
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Fow Foods has a branched chain amino acid powder that is cheaper than all of the ones mentioned so far. its got some damn damn good reviews over at 1fast/bn. have not tried it yet but i have never been disappointed with a Now product so i am gonna order some and see how it goes one day
  9. Club Myth CEO
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Extend hands down, mixes easily and quickly, and it tastes great! No ass taste at all!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheMyth View Post
    Extend hands down, mixes easily and quickly, and it tastes great! No ass taste at all!
    What if I like the taste of ass though?
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.67%

What if I like the taste of ass though?
    that has nothing to do with us. thats between you and your boyfriend
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.06%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

luecine-overall

A study shown a 3 Luecine ,1,iso 1,valine combination did the best
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.58%

I usually mix Dymatize aminos/bcaa's with some amino vital preworkout, works well!
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.79%

Purple wraath!!!
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.77%

So if I bought Bulk Leucine would that be all I need? I get plenty of animal protein and my diet is pretty strict. Or would something like Excell or Xtend be more beneficial?
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%

yes by leucine , bulk
  17. "He's not human!"
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.96%

Quote Originally Posted by TheMyth View Post

Scivation Xtend if you want a flavored BCAA product.

or

Primaforce Bulk BCAA if you want unflavored BCAA.

I personally prefer flavored BCAA because unflavored are NASTY
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.77%

sh*t i cant tell if your serious Mark haha...so bulk Leucine or Excell/Xtend? what should i do?
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

I like True Protein's bcaa. Cheap and tastes good
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.77%

Ok so If i have to choose between Leucine, Xtend, or Excell what should i choose?
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%

Leucine
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Markoni321 View Post
    Leucine
    I would agree, but yet disagree, if that makes sense. If u want good AA, both leucine and BCAA are great. I like to mix my watermelon XTEND into my water bottle and drink it during my workout, and sometimes even sip on bottle water full of watermelon XTEND throughout the day.

For PWO, i take like 10-15g of Leucine.

Just my opinion, but the taste of the XTEND is far better than bulk LEUCINE...but not that big of a deal.

thanks
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ultraman View Post
    some bulk bcaa added to AI's Excell
    btw, i think Universal's Animal Nitro is not just a BCAA, it's an EAA product

or add bulk Leucine to your XTEND. Make it last longer.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.79%

I'd say custom capsule extend bcaa is cheap
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

My work out maxmizer has 30 grams per every 100 grams. Love the taste bannana flavor.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.69%

purple wraath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  27. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.56%

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    My work out maxmizer has 30 grams per every 100 grams. Love the taste bannana flavor.
    That's a protein powder, not a bcaa supplement.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.24%

purple wraath for me...

Whats different about the v3 grape flavor?
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.37%

I usually have BCAA by Supplement Direct. It's pretty cheap and works fine for me. I comes in plastic bags. And has a 2:1:1 ratio.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by nightfly71 View Post
    That's a protein powder, not a bcaa supplement.
    I use it for its bcaa content so I don't see how you say its not a bcaa supplement. I am supplementing my body with the work out maxmizer which has 30 grams of bcaa's per 100 grams of aminos.

Pluse some one metioned purple wrath which is a bunch of aminos too.
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BeachPimp;
    Glutamine is useless and I can get plenty of B-6 from my diet...
    I have come across several positions in this forum maintaining that glutamine is "worthless" or "useless". I find this conclusion hard to justify.

Recall the following:

Gluamine is neither an essential nor a non-essential amino acid. It is a conditionally essential amino acid. This means the body is unable to produce enough glutamine under certain circumstances such as periods of intense exercises, after surgery, infectious disease, and so on.

The body uses about 20 or so amino acids in protein synthesis. Of these, Glutamine is the most abundant, making up about 50% of blood amino acid concentration and 60% of total amino acids in the body. After BCAAs, Glutamine is the next most important amino acid for anabolism. As a nitrogen and carbon donor, glutamine is an important muscle-building amino acid. Glutamine possesses a unique structure: It contains two nitrogen side chains. This means that it is responsible for about a third of the nitrogen that penetrates the muscle cell. As an anti-catabolic amino acid, glutamine regulates protein synthesis in muscles by preserving muscle cells and boosting post-exercise muscle glycogen. Glutamine's capacity to maintain lean mass and enhance nitrogen retention is also particularly important during periods of low calorie intake.

Glutamine synthesis protects the body and brain from ammonia toxicity. Glutamine can cross the blood-brain barrier. At the brain level, Glutamine is a crucial substrate for the production of excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters, glutamate and glutamate and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). Some glutamate is used in the synthesis of Niacin and Glutathione, some as energy, and some as neurotransmitter. Furthermore, the nervous system requires Glutamine as a source of energy. When the brain does not receive enough glucose, it increases glutamine metabolism for energy. This is why glutamine is sometimes referred to as "brain food". Also, glutamine helps prevent hypoglycemia, as it is converted to glucose when blood sugar is low. Glutamine also helps in regulating cellular fluid levels via its dependence on sodium transport.

Glutamine plays a vital role in supporting the immune system via boosting the white blood cells, and is important in maintaining the integrity of the gastro-intestinal lining.

In my opinion, therefore, the only problem with glutamine supplementation that could give the erroneous impression that glutamine is worthless, is the fact that only about 20% of regular L-Glutamine consumed ever reach the blood stream to elicit anti-cataboilic and anabolic effects. This means that 80% of ingested Glutamine is absorbed by the intestines and used for immune-system support. To get around this situation, very large amounts (> 20g) of Glutamine would need to be supplemented daily. Some have even suggested placing the glutamine directly under the tongue and allowing it to dissolve slowly. This way more Glutamine will be absorbed into the blood stream. Alternatively, advanced Gluamine forms and Glutamine precursors can be used. Examples include L-Glutamine-Alpha Ketoglutarate, N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine, N-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, L-Alanine, and Alpha Ketoglutarate. This way, a smaller quantity would be required.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  32. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.6%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I have come across several positions in this forum maintaining that glutamine is "worthless" or "useless". I find this conclusion hard to justify.

Recall the following:

Gluamine is neither an essential nor a non-essential amino acid. It is a conditionally essential amino acid. This means the body is unable to produce enough glutamine under certain circumstances such as periods of intense exercises, after surgery, infectious disease, and so on.

The body uses about 20 or so amino acids in protein synthesis. Of these, Glutamine is the most abundant, making up about 50% of blood amino acid concentration and 60% of total amino acids in the body. After BCAAs, Glutamine is the next most important amino acid for anabolism. As a nitrogen and carbon donor, glutamine is an important muscle-building amino acid. Glutamine possesses a unique structure: It contains two nitrogen side chains. This means that it is responsible for about a third of the nitrogen that penetrates the muscle cell. As an anti-catabolic amino acid, glutamine regulates protein synthesis in muscles by preserving muscle cells and boosting post-exercise muscle glycogen. Glutamine's capacity to maintain lean mass and enhance nitrogen retention is also particularly important during periods of low calorie intake.

Glutamine synthesis protects the body and brain from ammonia toxicity. Glutamine can cross the blood-brain barrier. At the brain level, Glutamine is a crucial substrate for the production of excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters, glutamate and glutamate and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). Some glutamate is used in the synthesis of Niacin and Glutathione, some as energy, and some as neurotransmitter. Furthermore, the nervous system requires Glutamine as a source of energy. When the brain does not receive enough glucose, it increases glutamine metabolism for energy. This is why glutamine is sometimes referred to as "brain food". Also, glutamine helps prevent hypoglycemia, as it is converted to glucose when blood sugar is low. Glutamine also helps in regulating cellular fluid levels via its dependence on sodium transport.

Glutamine plays a vital role in supporting the immune system via boosting the white blood cells, and is important in maintaining the integrity of the gastro-intestinal lining.

In my opinion, therefore, the only problem with glutamine supplementation that could give the erroneous impression that glutamine is worthless, is the fact that only about 20% of regular L-Glutamine consumed ever reach the blood stream to elicit anti-cataboilic and anabolic effects. This means that 80% of ingested Glutamine is absorbed by the intestines and used for immune-system support. To get around this situation, very large amounts (> 20g) of Glutamine would need to be supplemented daily. Some have even suggested placing the glutamine directly under the tongue and allowing it to dissolve slowly. This way more Glutamine will be absorbed into the blood stream. Alternatively, advanced Gluamine forms and Glutamine precursors can be used. Examples include L-Glutamine-Alpha Ketoglutarate, N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine, N-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, L-Alanine, and Alpha Ketoglutarate. This way, a smaller quantity would be required.
    you sir, are very knowledgeable.
  33. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.71%

Glutamine is NOT worthless! It makes great cap filler.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  34. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt;
    you sir, are very knowledgeable.
    These are well-known facts. They are not my invention, so I cannot take credit for them.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  35. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.28%

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr;
    Glutamine is NOT worthless! It makes great cap filler.
    I take this to be a joke. I have no personal interest in whether or not anyone consumes glutamine. I simply reacted to an apparently well-established tradition of misplaced "glutamine bashing"!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

I'm gonna stick to bulk BCAA's from NP, mixed in with some Xtend. That sounds good enough to me.
  37. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.71%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I take this to be a joke. I have no personal interest in whether or not anyone consumes glutamine. I simply reacted to an apparently well-established tradition of misplaced "glutamine bashing"!
    Of course it was a joke! Look who posted it.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  38. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.28%

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr;
    Of course it was a joke! Look who posted it.
  39. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by luke1984 View Post
    I usually have BCAA by Supplement Direct. It's pretty cheap and works fine for me. I comes in plastic bags. And has a 2:1:1 ratio.

My Bcaas come in pastic too

http://www.und.edu/instruct/jiverson...reasts_raw.jpg
  40. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

CHICKEN ???? Are you kidding me????

pffttttt You can't build muscle til you spend $1000 a month on 5 different supplement stacks.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best BCAA flavor for ICE
    By RonShipman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 09:00 PM
  2. The Best BCAA.....?
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements