poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SEARCH

Seriously, this has been covered, my friend.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coarse Creatine Monohydrate (aka NOT micronized)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is Coarse CM?
They sell micronized CM and CM that wasn't micronized. You don't want it micronized for 2 reasons:

1) it costs more
2) The finer crystals increase the rate of hydrolyzation to creatinine

The larger the CM crystals, the better.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Hey Crowler:wave: . I haven't beta tested anything in wayyy too long...;) :D

doodle

doodle

Awards
Bulk cee, and make sure you cap it because it tastes like s@%t

livebono

livebono

Awards
I was a fan of cellmass, but when I stopped taking it, I didn't notice much of a change, which makes me wonder if it did much at all. I don't think cellmass is such a great creatine after having used it

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They sell micronized CM and CM that wasn't micronized. You don't want it micronized for 2 reasons:

1) it costs more
2) The finer crystals increase the rate of hydrolyzation to creatinine

The larger the CM crystals, the better.
:jaw:

Uh, proof?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:jaw:

Uh, proof?
Surface area effects reaction rate. I don't think there's any studies on it. I don't think there should be any studies on it. It is just a general concept of reaction rates.

Here's a little experiment to better illustrate this concept:
Sprinkle 5 grams of table salt in a glass of water, next drop a 5 gram block of salt (or 5 grams of rock salt) in another glass of water. See which one dissolves quicker.

Make sense?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i see what you're saying, but I'm not sure it applies to creatinine conversion.

First, I've never seen a study proving there's anything to the whole creatinine hoopla.

Second, your body won't absorb creatine in big chunks. It will break it down. So in the end the effect will be the same, the only difference being the chunks will be sitting there longer waiting to be digested (or simply passed through your system unabsorbed). I might even say the chunks would convert to creatinine more as they are sitting there in your stomach longer waiting to be absorbed, as opposed to something that's already broken down (if you're going for the creatinine thing at all).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never seen a study proving there's anything to the whole creatinine hoopla.
It is common knowledge that creatinephosphate (Creatine bonded to PO4) is not 100% stable, and converts to creatinine in the bloodstream at a rate of about 2% (Creatinine definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms)

Since organic chemistry tells us that all organic hydrates are very unstable in water, it would make sense that creatine monohydrate (being that it's an organic hydrate) is unstable in water.

You're not going to find a study that proves 2 reactants give a product on pubmed so quit trying to use that as a source.

Anyhow, right now we're just overanalyzing my theory. All that I am getting at is the simple fact that 1) powdered CM costs less than micronized. 2) because of it's smaller total surface area less is degraded while you drink it. I think the best thing you could do is to find an article about the old school liquid creatines. I'll try to post one (and hopefully it'll have sources in it) if I have time.

Although the amount of creatine you save during this is probably trivial, IMO it's worth the extra couple bucks you'll save.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here we go:

I just read this paper (Gina L. Nick, Ph.D., N.D.: Creatine phopshate complex and creatine serum) and I was stuck by the following statements: "Creatine monohydrate is less than 1% soluble in water (0.7%), and therefore most preparations come in powdered form or suspended in a variety of viscous proprietary compounds. Only the soluble 1% is absorbable through the stomach lining. Of the remaining 99% of the ingested monohydrate, roughly 90% will be hydrolyzed to creatinine by stomach acid, leaving about 10% to enter the blood stream and taken by muscle cells."
Taken from Bodybuilding.com - Anssi Manninen - Creatine Loading Strategies! What Works Best?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It is common knowledge that creatinephosphate (Creatine bonded to PO4) is not 100% stable, and converts to creatinine in the bloodstream at a rate of about 2% (Creatinine definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms)

Since organic chemistry tells us that all organic hydrates are very unstable in water, it would make sense that creatine monohydrate (being that it's an organic hydrate) is unstable in water.

You're not going to find a study that proves 2 reactants give a product on pubmed so quit trying to use that as a source.

Anyhow, right now we're just overanalyzing my theory. All that I am getting at is the simple fact that 1) powdered CM costs less than micronized. 2) because of it's smaller total surface area less is degraded while you drink it. I think the best thing you could do is to find an article about the old school liquid creatines. I'll try to post one (and hopefully it'll have sources in it) if I have time.

Although the amount of creatine you save during this is probably trivial, IMO it's worth the extra couple bucks you'll save.
I just don't understand how bigger particles will absorb as well, or at all. People have less stomach issues with micronized creatine: the particles are more easily dissolved by the body. More dissolved creatine = more creatine absorbed. It's pretty clear undissolved creatine does no good at all.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just don't understand how bigger particles will absorb as well, or at all. People have less stomach issues with micronized creatine: the particles are more easily dissolved by the body. More dissolved creatine = more creatine absorbed. It's pretty clear undissolved creatine does no good at all.
Oh, I hear ya. But the cheapo, more grainy creatine is still my favorite. And it'll dissolve eventually, seeing as the particle size doesn't vary too much. Like I said, we're totally over analyzing this.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
never tried any of the specified creatines above...but I've had nothing but good stuff to say about SNS CVM Xtreme.

dmix

Awards
I was under the impression that regular old Creapure Creatine Monohydrate worked just fine, provided you took it with some sugar everyday. Am I missing something?

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression that regular old Creapure Creatine Monohydrate worked just fine, provided you took it with some sugar everyday. Am I missing something?
Your not missing anything. Creatine Mono works just fine as you say...

There are some new generation creatines that may be absorbed and utilized easier/better by the body...and that may cause less "bloat" (water retention outside the cell), but that does not mean Creatine Mono is any less effective than it's always been.

If your cutting or concerned about looking slightly bloated, you may want to check out a newer form of Creatine...if not, Cheap and effective Creatine Mono will do just fine :)

Workin

dmix

Awards
I'm absolutely not up to date on the new creatine stuff - what's the new technology do?

I was under the impression that the bloat was precisely the point, because it's voluminizing the muscle?

I'm always tempted to buy new things, I just don't get it :p

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm absolutely not up to date on the new creatine stuff - what's the new technology do?

I was under the impression that the bloat was precisely the point, because it's voluminizing the muscle?

I'm always tempted to buy new things, I just don't get it :p
The bloat plays a pretty big role in the 'size-building' effect of creatine; however, it's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the benefits from creatine.

These new forms of creatine don't suck up as much H2O, but are still supposed to deliver the same performance as regular creatine.

dmix

Awards
That's interesting. I need to brush up on my creatine knowledge. :)

What do you use, Sinner?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing beats mono in my opinion. And out of all these 'new' creatines, it's the one with the most research backing it.

I'm sure some others will chime in saying they like CEE or Dicreatine Malate.

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
MAN Clout. but beware, it tastes like fruit-flavoured curry powder :)

OH and above all, creatine monohydrate.

peterpyper

Awards
u gotta fuk with mhp trac
time relased nitric oxide/creatine technology
feel it on the first day,2-3 takes to full get crazy pumped

Mannypolarbear

Awards
I have tried tons of creatines on the market and my personal favorite is Xpand. Its got CEE, glutamine, arginine, citrulline malate, etc. It is loaded with tons of goodies which brings me to a question everybody should ask. With all of these additives such as Arginine, Glutamine, Citrulline Malate, etc, do most people assume that the product they are taking is working just because they feel a pump, or an energy burst from the added caffeine, and do most people actually know what creatine does to help their workout?? I'm not directing this question to any of you fellow members, but I'm sure we all know some people that take creatine jsut to take it, and don't actually know what to look for or know how it is actually working.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Chaos by Anabolic Innovations! Mixed with Poseidon it's the PERFECT pre workout drink!

Workin

mbunnell

mbunnell

Awards
My favorite is green bulge. It gave me good pumps and it was cheap.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chaos by Anabolic Innovations! Mixed with Poseidon it's the PERFECT pre workout drink!

Workin
Would Poseidon have a pH-buffering effect when taken with creatine? It appears to have a lot of weak, anionic electrolytes in it (phosphate, carbonate, bicarbonate), which have the ability to resist the drop in pH that degrades CM in the stomach.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Would Poseidon have a pH-buffering effect when taken with creatine? It appears to have a lot of weak, anionic electrolytes in it (phosphate, carbonate, bicarbonate), which have the ability to resist the drop in pH that degrades CM in the stomach.
Yes, I think so. I have not tried it personally but the formula looks great and the pH of the solution should be neutral to slightly acidic, which could only help stabilize CM in the stomach. If you have recently eaten a protein meal, it may be good insurance to chew a tums with it also though.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I think so. I have not tried it personally but the formula looks great and the pH of the solution should be neutral to slightly acidic, which could only help stabilize CM in the stomach. If you have recently eaten a protein meal, it may be good insurance to chew a tums with it also though.
Or take some alka-seltzer?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D is being modest (as usual) :) He actually played a role in the Poseidon formula by suggesting the addition of a key ingredient. We are in his debt!

Workin

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I am just honored to have given a little input my friend, but this is your baby Workin'! It was a product long over due also.

So many guys need the potassium in their diet. Your product is a blessing to anyone serious about hydration and electrolyte balance for peak performance.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established

sweet, nice to know!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I am just honored to have given a little input my friend, but this is your baby Workin'! It was a product long over due also.

So many guys need the potassium in their diet. Your product is a blessing to anyone serious about hydration and electrolyte balance for peak performance.
Thanks brother!

Workin

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I would encourage you guys to check out Axis Labs' - SMASH...It is a great preworkout creatine, the ingredient profile is perfect for me. Thats my vote.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I would encourage you guys to check out Axis Labs' - SMASH...It is a great preworkout creatine, the ingredient profile is perfect for me. Thats my vote.
Looks like a solid product!

Workin

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
btw workin, I have some poseidon on the way to me, I will def. let you know how it works for me...looking forward!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
The bloat plays a pretty big role in the 'size-building' effect of creatine; however, it's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the benefits from creatine.

These new forms of creatine don't suck up as much H2O, but are still supposed to deliver the same performance as regular creatine.
We are testing a few versions of creatine now with Poseidon...Personally, Creatine Mono gets my vote...safe, effective, and most seem to prefer it. The newer generation creatines all look promising, but I still have yet to see one that is much better than a quality CM. I suppose time will tell. Any feedback is welcomed.

Workin