Sources about weightloss/nootropic properties of Capsaicin?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
From what I've read, it capsaicin seems to have anticancer properties, and is currently being researched as a possible cure for diabetes. It's "heat" effect is caused by binding Vanillinoid sub-1 receptors (VR1's), which activates the TRPV1 ion channel, which sends a signal to your brain that the activated area is burning. This does not necessarily imply that it raises body heat.

Anyhow, I am looking to find if there is any study, report, whatever experessing the thermogenic or nootropic effects of capsaicin, because from what I've read thus far, it's not looking very good in this department. And since Capsaicin is found in a few popular thermogenic and nootropic supplements, I am curious to see if it provides any benefit other than filler (or for those of you who use it in lipoderm, as PAIN).

Recap:
Thermogenic effects
Nootropic effects
Post credible sources here

Thank you,

~thesinner

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
So is it safe to say that despite the month's of research I've done and however long you guys have looked into it, there's no credible information on the thermgenic or nootropic effects of capsaicin, implying that capsaicin is nothing more than super-spicy snakeoil?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No prob.

Besides Par and Pat Arnold, Spook is the man.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Ok, I figure there's probably a few people who are gonna bump into this thread, wondering what this 'kitchen-sink" process is. It's cheap and easy as hell. Just be careful with cap, it doesn't burn your hands but it will burn every other part of the body your hands may touch.

Attachments