Can someone recommend BCAA

robjustice

Awards
Ok, its my first post here ever. Been a member for a couple years, read and learned alot, but now I turn to you guys for some advice.

I have worked hard over the last two years. I went from 140lbs, to 158. I have never taken any supplements, but my progress has stalled, and I'm looking into them. I'm looking for a good BCAA, and maybe Powerfull(it seems to be out of stock everywhere) Or what do you guys think about X-Factor. It seems to be doing pretty well in the supplement poll. It seems to work for some, and not for others.

So what I'm looking for is a good recommendation for BCAA, and where I can order them from. As well as powerfull or x-factor.

Thanks guys-your advice and help is invaluable. .

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
A good BCAA that I have been using for about a month now is Excell. I tastes good and it is readily available at Nutraplanet. I personally like to grape flavor, but the flavor really doesn't matter to me because I mix it with my protein shake.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Innovations Excell is a great product at the best price out there, Im a fan of thr Mango flavor.

When you say no supps ever, does this include basics like protein / Fish Oil / Vitamin? If you are not taking those, Id start there before heading to BCAA's.

You may want to revisit your caloric intake as well, after adding almost 20 lbs (nice work btw) you surely have a larger caloric need to simply maintain this new muscle mass, let alone add more.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
CONGRATS on the 20 lbs! Fantastic job.

I agree start with some protein powder(of course I am biased to Anabolic Innovations protein powder Chocolate/Peanut Butter :)) mulit vit and of course a good diet BUT if you gained 20 lbs you may already have your diet going very well.

Then on to some Excell BCAAs comes in 6 flavors.

You can get either of the above here:

Anabolic Innovations
CROWLER

robjustice

Awards
I have focused on my diet. I have kept my protein in the 220 grams a day range. I have taken a multi vit once a day, but no fish oil. There have been times when I have grabbed a protein bar, when I have been away from home, to keep my intake high. Other than that, just diet. Looking back at my training log, it looks like it has been 2 years 5 months-18 lbs.

Last edited:

robjustice

Awards
Guys, Thanks for taking the time to help. Here is what my order looks like from NutraPlanet.

1 x Excell
1 x Super EPA-240 caps
1 x Whey Protein Isolate

Anything else I should consider?

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Ultra Peptide as it's a great night-time anti-catabolic blend. ;)

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Guys, Thanks for taking the time to help. Here is what my order looks like from NutraPlanet.

1 x Excell
1 x Super EPA-240 caps
1 x Whey Protein Isolate

Anything else I should consider?
Excell is the best BCAA product on the market IMO. Great choice.

Are you taking a good multi Vitamin? NOW puts out a great, very cost effective, Multi and it's sold on Nutra Planet as well. The only other supplement I would add as a staple is our newest Product, Poseidon. It stacks fantastically with Excell.

Regarding the plateau you've reached...try focusing on compound movements for the next 3-4 weeks. Bench Press, Dead Lift, Squats, Pull ups, rows...these should be the core exercises your routine is designed around to help you break through your sticking point.

Good luck and keep us posted on your results :thumbsup:

Workin

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I would throw in a creatine product as well. I take that back....for the cheap price of some bulk creatine....you MUST get some! ahaha. Many find mono to be fine and others find CEE to be much better. Both can be had for pretty cheap. Also check out size on as i have heard very good thing about that.

Good work and good luck!

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Get a creatine (monohydrates come in 1kg tubs for 20 bucks or less). Bulk BCAAs are the best value....you just don't get the flavoring. Get a protein powder and a carb powder, or something pre-made.

Also, eat more. Sometimes it's as simple as that. You might gain some fat, but if you eat enough you should be able to power through some of your plateau.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Get a creatine (monohydrates come in 1kg tubs for 20 bucks or less). Bulk BCAAs are the best value....you just don't get the flavoring. Get a protein powder and a carb powder, or something pre-made.

Also, eat more. Sometimes it's as simple as that. You might gain some fat, but if you eat enough you should be able to power through some of your plateau.
Good point JJC...quality, nutrient dense calories should be the base of your program.

The bulk bcaa's are good and may be cheaper in price, but your not getting the L-Glutamine, Citrulline Malate or Vitamin B6 that EXCELL contains...or the great flavor ;-)

I guess it just comes down to what you can afford. I recommend Excell because I feel Citrulline Malate is excellent at increasing strength and endurance... something you will need while overcoming your plateu.

Workin

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I will also throw down that you should get Excell. I like the Rasberry flavor but you cant go wrong with any of the flavors really.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Good point JJC...quality, nutrient dense calories should be the base of your program.

The bulk bcaa's are good and may be cheaper in price, but your not getting the L-Glutamine, Citrulline Malate or Vitamin B6 that EXCELL contains...or the great flavor ;-)

I guess it just comes down to what you can afford. I recommend Excell because I feel Citrulline Malate is excellent at increasing strength and endurance... something you will need while overcoming your plateu.

Workin
That is true. There are extra goodies in there...I guess I didn't really think about that since I'm willing to buy those extras in bulk also! CM is good ****!

I would say he should go with EXCELL for multiple reasons, including: flavor(I can get over the BCAA taste quickly but I hear most of the EXCELL flavors are great), there are extras in there(although people like to argue about Glutamine's benefits and if there is enough CM in there to make a difference), and also this is his first BCAA experience.

So then this is what he should get:
Food
More Food
Whey Protein
Creatine(Monohydrate, CEE, or whatever)
EXCELL

(throw in a multi and fish/flax oil and you have the basis for mostly everyone's staple supplements...welcome to the supplement world...there's no turning back from here! :twisted: )

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
That is true. There are extra goodies in there...I guess I didn't really think about that since I'm willing to buy those extras in bulk also! CM is good ****!

I would say he should go with EXCELL for multiple reasons, including: flavor(I can get over the BCAA taste quickly but I hear most of the EXCELL flavors are great), there are extras in there(although people like to argue about Glutamine's benefits and if there is enough CM in there to make a difference), and also this is his first BCAA experience.

So then this is what he should get:
Food
More Food
Whey Protein
Creatine(Monohydrate, CEE, or whatever)
EXCELL

(throw in a multi and fish/flax oil and you have the basis for mostly everyone's staple supplements...welcome to the supplement world...there's no turning back from here! :twisted: )
I would definitely add NOW's Multi and Super EPA and Nimbus Nutritions Poseidon to your list of staple supps...other than that, train with core movements and, as JJC said, eat! (quality nutrient dense food of course :pizza: )

Workin

JJC

Awards
  • Established
and where I can order them from.
Oh yeah, you can order this stuff from a bunch of the board sponsors. You'll find the list of them on the left side of the main page. They each have their own forum. I suggest checking out NutraPlanet...

At the weight of 158 also, I think you have alot of potential to make some more gains before you try any natural anabolics. The next thing you might want to look into is ZMA. But take care of what's been suggested already. Good luck.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I prefer to buy in bulk from any of the custom powder companies, and make my own mix of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio Leucine:IsoLeucine:Valine, at least that is what I have seen the best results with. Many of the threads I have read also suggest sticking strictly with Leucine.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Xtend by Scivation
a great supplement
good pumps, which really isn't all that important to me..just feels nice :twisted:
good endurace during workouts
tastes good
and mega-dosing is AMAZING
only drawback ---> price. It is a bit expensive, but IMHO it is the best BCAA supplement on the market.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bulk BCAAs mixed with either Xtend or Xcell is a great compromise.

Hot Sauce

Hot Sauce

Awards
I agree with BurghHardcore, Xtend is a quality BCAA supp. Provides good strength and stamina during workouts, not to mention the watermelon flavor taste like candy. Haven't mega dosed it yet.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great replies guys, really helped me . I should probably start my own thread, but you just get told to use the search function usually lol. Been reading a ton over the last 2 weeks; I'm considering making a hi post and some specific questions I still have though.