Can someone recommend BCAA

  1. Registered User
    robjustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0

    Can someone recommend BCAA


    Ok, its my first post here ever. Been a member for a couple years, read and learned alot, but now I turn to you guys for some advice.

    I have worked hard over the last two years. I went from 140lbs, to 158. I have never taken any supplements, but my progress has stalled, and I'm looking into them. I'm looking for a good BCAA, and maybe Powerfull(it seems to be out of stock everywhere) Or what do you guys think about X-Factor. It seems to be doing pretty well in the supplement poll. It seems to work for some, and not for others.

    So what I'm looking for is a good recommendation for BCAA, and where I can order them from. As well as powerfull or x-factor.

    Thanks guys-your advice and help is invaluable. .

  2. Registered User
    HDeuce7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0


    A good BCAA that I have been using for about a month now is Excell. I tastes good and it is readily available at Nutraplanet. I personally like to grape flavor, but the flavor really doesn't matter to me because I mix it with my protein shake.
  3. Registered User
    Skigazzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    626
    Answers
    0


    Anabolic Innovations Excell is a great product at the best price out there, Im a fan of thr Mango flavor.

    When you say no supps ever, does this include basics like protein / Fish Oil / Vitamin? If you are not taking those, Id start there before heading to BCAA's.

    You may want to revisit your caloric intake as well, after adding almost 20 lbs (nice work btw) you surely have a larger caloric need to simply maintain this new muscle mass, let alone add more.
    •   
       

  4. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Answers
    0


    CONGRATS on the 20 lbs! Fantastic job.

    I agree start with some protein powder(of course I am biased to Anabolic Innovations protein powder Chocolate/Peanut Butter ) mulit vit and of course a good diet BUT if you gained 20 lbs you may already have your diet going very well.

    Then on to some Excell BCAAs comes in 6 flavors.

    You can get either of the above here:

    Anabolic Innovations
    CROWLER
  5. Registered User
    robjustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0


    I have focused on my diet. I have kept my protein in the 220 grams a day range. I have taken a multi vit once a day, but no fish oil. There have been times when I have grabbed a protein bar, when I have been away from home, to keep my intake high. Other than that, just diet. Looking back at my training log, it looks like it has been 2 years 5 months-18 lbs.
    Last edited by robjustice; 02-06-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: keep to kept type/grammer
  6. Registered User
    robjustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0


    Guys, Thanks for taking the time to help. Here is what my order looks like from NutraPlanet.

    1 x Excell
    1 x Super EPA-240 caps
    1 x Whey Protein Isolate

    Anything else I should consider?
  7. Registered User
    TheUnlikelyToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,587
    Answers
    0


    Yeah, Ultra Peptide as it's a great night-time anti-catabolic blend.
  8. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    Board Sponsor
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by robjustice View Post
    Guys, Thanks for taking the time to help. Here is what my order looks like from NutraPlanet.

    1 x Excell
    1 x Super EPA-240 caps
    1 x Whey Protein Isolate

    Anything else I should consider?
    Excell is the best BCAA product on the market IMO. Great choice.

    Are you taking a good multi Vitamin? NOW puts out a great, very cost effective, Multi and it's sold on Nutra Planet as well. The only other supplement I would add as a staple is our newest Product, Poseidon. It stacks fantastically with Excell.

    Regarding the plateau you've reached...try focusing on compound movements for the next 3-4 weeks. Bench Press, Dead Lift, Squats, Pull ups, rows...these should be the core exercises your routine is designed around to help you break through your sticking point.

    Good luck and keep us posted on your results

    Workin
  9. Registered User
    rysigpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    933
    Answers
    0


    I would throw in a creatine product as well. I take that back....for the cheap price of some bulk creatine....you MUST get some! ahaha. Many find mono to be fine and others find CEE to be much better. Both can be had for pretty cheap. Also check out size on as i have heard very good thing about that.

    Good work and good luck!
  10. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Registered User
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Answers
    0


    Get a creatine (monohydrates come in 1kg tubs for 20 bucks or less). Bulk BCAAs are the best value....you just don't get the flavoring. Get a protein powder and a carb powder, or something pre-made.

    Also, eat more. Sometimes it's as simple as that. You might gain some fat, but if you eat enough you should be able to power through some of your plateau.
  11. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    Board Sponsor
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Get a creatine (monohydrates come in 1kg tubs for 20 bucks or less). Bulk BCAAs are the best value....you just don't get the flavoring. Get a protein powder and a carb powder, or something pre-made.

    Also, eat more. Sometimes it's as simple as that. You might gain some fat, but if you eat enough you should be able to power through some of your plateau.
    Good point JJC...quality, nutrient dense calories should be the base of your program.

    The bulk bcaa's are good and may be cheaper in price, but your not getting the L-Glutamine, Citrulline Malate or Vitamin B6 that EXCELL contains...or the great flavor ;-)

    I guess it just comes down to what you can afford. I recommend Excell because I feel Citrulline Malate is excellent at increasing strength and endurance... something you will need while overcoming your plateu.

    Workin
  12. Registered User
    rysigpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    933
    Answers
    0


    I will also throw down that you should get Excell. I like the Rasberry flavor but you cant go wrong with any of the flavors really.
  13. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Registered User
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Good point JJC...quality, nutrient dense calories should be the base of your program.

    The bulk bcaa's are good and may be cheaper in price, but your not getting the L-Glutamine, Citrulline Malate or Vitamin B6 that EXCELL contains...or the great flavor ;-)

    I guess it just comes down to what you can afford. I recommend Excell because I feel Citrulline Malate is excellent at increasing strength and endurance... something you will need while overcoming your plateu.

    Workin
    That is true. There are extra goodies in there...I guess I didn't really think about that since I'm willing to buy those extras in bulk also! CM is good ****!


    I would say he should go with EXCELL for multiple reasons, including: flavor(I can get over the BCAA taste quickly but I hear most of the EXCELL flavors are great), there are extras in there(although people like to argue about Glutamine's benefits and if there is enough CM in there to make a difference), and also this is his first BCAA experience.


    So then this is what he should get:
    Food
    More Food
    Whey Protein
    Creatine(Monohydrate, CEE, or whatever)
    EXCELL

    (throw in a multi and fish/flax oil and you have the basis for mostly everyone's staple supplements...welcome to the supplement world...there's no turning back from here! )
  14. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    Board Sponsor
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    That is true. There are extra goodies in there...I guess I didn't really think about that since I'm willing to buy those extras in bulk also! CM is good ****!


    I would say he should go with EXCELL for multiple reasons, including: flavor(I can get over the BCAA taste quickly but I hear most of the EXCELL flavors are great), there are extras in there(although people like to argue about Glutamine's benefits and if there is enough CM in there to make a difference), and also this is his first BCAA experience.


    So then this is what he should get:
    Food
    More Food
    Whey Protein
    Creatine(Monohydrate, CEE, or whatever)
    EXCELL

    (throw in a multi and fish/flax oil and you have the basis for mostly everyone's staple supplements...welcome to the supplement world...there's no turning back from here! )
    I would definitely add NOW's Multi and Super EPA and Nimbus Nutritions Poseidon to your list of staple supps...other than that, train with core movements and, as JJC said, eat! (quality nutrient dense food of course izza: )

    Workin
  15. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Registered User
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by robjustice View Post
    and where I can order them from.
    Oh yeah, you can order this stuff from a bunch of the board sponsors. You'll find the list of them on the left side of the main page. They each have their own forum. I suggest checking out NutraPlanet...

    At the weight of 158 also, I think you have alot of potential to make some more gains before you try any natural anabolics. The next thing you might want to look into is ZMA. But take care of what's been suggested already. Good luck.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    CNizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,183
    Answers
    0


    I prefer to buy in bulk from any of the custom powder companies, and make my own mix of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio Leucine:IsoLeucine:Valine, at least that is what I have seen the best results with. Many of the threads I have read also suggest sticking strictly with Leucine.
  17. Registered User
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Answers
    0


    Xtend by Scivation
    a great supplement
    good pumps, which really isn't all that important to me..just feels nice
    good endurace during workouts
    tastes good
    and mega-dosing is AMAZING
    only drawback ---> price. It is a bit expensive, but IMHO it is the best BCAA supplement on the market.
  18. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    Bulk BCAAs mixed with either Xtend or Xcell is a great compromise.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,140
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Bulk BCAAs mixed with either Xtend or Xcell is a great compromise.
    And a great idea.
  20. Registered User
    Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14
    Answers
    0


    I agree with BurghHardcore, Xtend is a quality BCAA supp. Provides good strength and stamina during workouts, not to mention the watermelon flavor taste like candy. Haven't mega dosed it yet.
  21. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0


    Great replies guys, really helped me . I should probably start my own thread, but you just get told to use the search function usually lol. Been reading a ton over the last 2 weeks; I'm considering making a hi post and some specific questions I still have though.
  22. Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
    riskarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    613
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad View Post
    Yeah, Ultra Peptide as it's a great night-time anti-catabolic blend.
    UP is my favorite blend. Too bad it's rarely in stock at DPS.
  23. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    Board Sponsor
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Bulk BCAAs mixed with either Xtend or Xcell is a great compromise.
    Good point...why didn't I think of that

    Workin
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 01:51 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 09:18 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 01:13 AM
  4. Can someone recommend a good scale?
    By unitas27 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 04:31 PM
  5. Can someone recommend adj. dumbbell handles to me?
    By cpa5oh in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in