Has this ever happened to anyone?

vision

I've been taking R[+]-ALA200 on and off for a couple years now. I take 2-3 pills a day 1-morning, 1-PostWO, 1-Meal. Today I went to the bathroom and saw the complete pill in the toilet. Can someone help me understand what happened and why the pill was not digested, not even a little bit?

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking R[+]-ALA200 on and off for a couple years now. I take 2-3 pills a day 1-morning, 1-PostWO, 1-Meal. Today I went to the bathroom and saw the complete pill in the toilet. Can someone help me understand what happened and why the pill was not digested, not even a little bit?
haha sorry...i had to laugh...maybe your body is just learning not to digest it since u have been taking them for so long...how long is off and on? maybe take some longer off time?? :dump:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Happens with multis sometimes too. That's why I use powders or caps. The gelatin caps not being digested is rare to impossible I think, but the binders and what not in a pill/pellet can keep the thing intact as it goes through your digestive system I believe.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
ya if its a pill they wont always be digested...if its a cap it should be like nothing

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I crapped a penny once when I was three.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
If its a pill, buy caps and grieve your years of wasted money, if its a cap then get some digestive enzymes and/or do a good cleans/detox.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
I was reading an interview with a doctor who said that all calcium pills fail to digest properly. The pills are pressed so compactly that they often see the whole pill in the lower intestines on x-ray. He recommended capped Calcium citrate by the way.

He said a good test to see if your pill will be digested is to put one in a cup of water and see how long it takes to dissolve. If it is still entact overnight than none of it will be digested.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I was reading an interview with a doctor who said that all calcium pills fail to digest properly. The pills are pressed so compactly that they often see the whole pill in the lower intestines on x-ray. He recommended capped Calcium citrate by the way.

He said a good test to see if your pill will be digested is to put one in a cup of water and see how long it takes to dissolve. If it is still entact overnight than none of it will be digested.
Also true about multi's in vinegar I beleive. If it doesn't dissolve, it won't be digested.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I crapped a penny once when I was three.
Hahahaha..... Funny thing is when I was younger, my cousin always bet me I couldnt swallow quarters!!! I showed him!!! Swallowed like 20 quarters in my youth!!

Adams

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hahahaha..... Funny thing is when I was younger, my cousin always bet me I couldnt swallow quarters!!! I showed him!!! Swallowed like 20 quarters in my youth!!

Adams
Whoa! You must have cracked the toilet when it came out!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whoa! You must have cracked the toilet when it came out!
I showed him!!!! Because of me... is now infantry in the ARMY!!! Thats what happens when you tell someone all the good of the military... and none of the bad!! :icon_lol:

Adams

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, we are thinking about doing these. Call them the "Everlasting Gobstoppers" of the supplement world.

You can take the same pill over and over again for life. Hell, leave it to your grandchildren after you die!!!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Actually, we are thinking about doing these. Call them the "Everlasting Gobstoppers" of the supplement world.

You can take the same pill over and over again for life. Hell, leave it to your grandchildren after you die!!!
How about "knob stoppers", you can put it under the pillow of your kids when they start wearing nail polish.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not that that's a BAD thing.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I guess while we're on the subject of doing/eating stupid things I should say I almost ate my deoderant for breakfast this morning. I kept looking at my Right Guard, reading the label looking for nutritional information and what not. Couldn't find it, went back to watching news, went back to the deoderant, looking. Took me a few minutes to catch on. I bought these new cottage cheese things for a snack/quick breakfast so I needed to know the nutrition info for my spreadsheet. But, since I'm not really fully conscious until noon, I kept looking at the Right Guard and wondering where the hell the macros were.

I'm definitely a sight in the morning. I've worried/amused more than a few girlfriends with my behavior. One time left the house dressed in a nice button down, leather boots, cowboy hat, but no pants. Came back ten minutes later. First thought upon leaving the house was that it was a bit cold out.

I've also gargled shampoo (you figure that one out fast) and and left q-tips in my ears without realizing it. Then drive to work for an hour, constantly hitting the windshield spray cleaner and rubbing down the inside of the windshield because everything is dirty/foggy, only to realize I forgot my damn glasses. Forgot to shave half of my face more than a few times, wore unmatching shoes or totally forgot to put shoes on, etc. It's why I favor later shifts these days.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does eating Right Guard get rid of stinky breath? Keep you from salivating?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Does eating Right Guard get rid of stinky breath? Keep you from salivating?
Maybe if you swallow. Otherwise all it does is make your mouth realy dry and dusty-like, and tastes like ****. And yes, I know because I in my typical absent minded way ate some once. It's hard to explain the circumstances or my apartment at the time, but it was crumbled up white deoderant and I thought it was feta.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sort of like performing cunnilingus on a woman with a yeast infection?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and that ain't olive oil dripping.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
"Price check for vagisil, whats the matter a lil extra cheese on the taco?"

vision

thanks for the replies, and haha to all the stories.

Correction: I take AST R[+]-ALA200 CAPSULES not pills, I didn't realize I wrote pills until everyone started talking about pills. I usually cycle 1-on 1-off 1-on 2-off. It was the entire capsule nothing was dissolved. I didnt think that was possible. any thoughts?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the replies, and haha to all the stories.

Correction: I take AST R[+]-ALA200 CAPSULES not pills, I didn't realize I wrote pills until everyone started talking about pills. I usually cycle 1-on 1-off 1-on 2-off. It was the entire capsule nothing was dissolved. I didnt think that was possible. any thoughts?
Neither did I. This is one for the doctor I'd say, I don't think a gel cap should stand a snow ball's chance in hell of getting through your digestive system.

lovetheladies

lovetheladies

Awards
"I pooped a hammer" :icon_lol:
-Brick from Anchorman : Legend of Ron Burgundy
Man.....I live in W. VA not sure you want to know what I once dropped off at the out house. Not pretty!