Lipid Profile Supplement!!! - AnabolicMinds.com

Lipid Profile Supplement!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Question Lipid Profile Supplement!!!


    What's a good supplement that helps maintain a healthy lipid profile and boost it? Are Scivation's Sesamin, LipidFX, or BI's Ultra Size good supplements, or is there anything better?

  2. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    The cheapest supplement which has the most scientific backing is good old psyllium (metamucil). Here is a link to the Mayo Clinic supplement guide for lipids:

    Cholesterol-lowering supplements: Another way to reduce cholesterol - MayoClinic.com
  3. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    1187

    Reputation

    Go with The King- SesaThin.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    The cheapest supplement which has the most scientific backing is good old psyllium (metamucil). Here is a link to the Mayo Clinic supplement guide for lipids:

    Cholesterol-lowering supplements: Another way to reduce cholesterol - MayoClinic.com
    Thanks.
  5. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage
    Go with The King- SesaThin.
    Thanks again.
  6. Idiot Savant
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,500
    Rep Power
    61214

    Reputation Reputation

    Sesathin w/ EFA's, some policosanol, and good ole' fiber would be a lipid panel slayer.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  7. Advanced Member
    Skigazzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    17463

    Reputation

    How about little ol' Niacin?
    "I am on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, 'cause if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." - Charlie Sheen
  8. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Skigazzi
    How about little ol' Niacin?
    Yes, but you have to be careful. High doses over a prolonged period have been known to induce liver damage (something people in this lifestyle are already prone to).

    Niacin (Vitamin B3, Nicotinic acid), Niacinamide - MayoClinic.com
  9. Advanced Member
    nightfly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    520

    Reputation

    I didn't see a dosage listed that they consider high or what they consider a prolonged period. It would be interesting to see what is considered a high dose, too long a time, etc. to induce liver toxicity.
  10. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation
  11. Advanced Member
    DragonRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    542
    Rep Power
    470

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    The culprit is usually timed release niacin. Most of the articles in your post talked about the benefits of niacin. Here is an excerpt from the first one:

    These results indicate that niacinamide, presumably by acting with multiple functions, exerts potent anti-inflammatory effects in I/R-induced liver injury.
  12. Advanced Member
    nightfly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    520

    Reputation

    Mine's flish free niacin, but I don't think it's timed release. Seems like it's a 500 mg. tab which I take once per day. Assuming it's not timed, then I should be good. What dosage do you guys take for lipids? The label says to take 1 a day, but who knows what's most effective.
  13. New Member
    yelis300's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Age
    40
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    224

    Reputation

    policosanol definitely, there have been hundreds of studies done on this supplement. it has been shown to actually perform better or equal to current medications used to controll cholesterol, and can raise good cholesterol as much as 25% in some people.

    Policosanol - Monograph

    Policosanol

    do some more research on your own and form your own opinion on this one because i have read other studies that have shown completely different results. i personally believe it is a wonderful supplement. hope that helped someone out there.
  14. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by athlete20 View Post
    What's a good supplement that helps maintain a healthy lipid profile and boost it? Are Scivation's Sesamin, LipidFX, or BI's Ultra Size good supplements, or is there anything better?
    What is causing your lipid profile to look bad or what are you using that makes you think you might need something to keep it at healthy levels?


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  15. Banned
    same_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,526
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    a high-fiber diet is the first and most important step IMO, but Crowler's question is central...
  16. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1425

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Sesathin w/ EFA's, some policosanol, and good ole' fiber would be a lipid panel slayer.
    Agreed, this would be an excellent stack to get and keep your lipid profile looking the way you want it to...That said, Crowlers question should be addressed to get a real idea of the cause and cure.

    Workin
  17. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    If it is from AAS or prohormone/prosteroids you may want to think about protecting more than your lipid profiles.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  18. New Member
    skyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    146

    Reputation

    This is what i've been taking in the last half year because I wanted to leave the statin drug which must be avoided like a plague:

    - 650 milligrams of flush free niacin(inositol hexanicotinate, the least hepatotoxic form of niacin)
    - 3 grams of Vit-C (you want to repair damaged blood vessels)
    - taurine 5-10 grams per day (enchances cholesterol degradation, decrease blood glucose levels)
    - 5 grams of lecithin (enchances cholesterol degradation)
    - 4 grams of fish oil (keeps triglycerides in control)

    So far so good, my LDL levels are nearly the same (121 mg/dl previously now 118 mg/dl) still despite the fact that I left the rat poison roughly 4 months ago. HDL levels rose a bit (previously 28 now 37 mg/dl). I try to avoid frequent intake of high GI carbs, one of the main reasons why the body keeps releasing so much cholesterol.
  19. Senior Member
    AnonyMoose's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    768

    Reputation

    vinegar and lecithin are good too
  20. Registered User
    DeerDeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    324

    Reputation

    I owuld be sure to address your concerns with your PCP. Cycle support is always a solid option coupled to one of my personal favorites - Lipidex.

    A review (among many other studies) was recently published that showed policosanol provides NO benefit in impacting one's lipid profile positively - it was published in a well known peer-reviewed journal , JAMA. -->Berthold HK, Unverdorben S, Degenhardt R, Bulitta M, Gouni-Berthold I. Effect of policosanol on lipid levels among patients with hypercholesterolemia or combined hyperlipidemia: a randomized controlled trial.
    JAMA. 2006 May 17;295(19):2262-9. - basically showed no benefit over placebo


    The studies form Cuba substantiaitng the claim were deemed quite poor in study design.

    here are a couple...

    Dulin MF, Hatcher LF, Sasser HC, Barringer TA.
    Policosanol is ineffective in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia: a randomized controlled trial.
    Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Dec;84(6):1543-8.

    Policosanol: a sweet nothing for high cholesterol.
    Harv Heart Lett. 2006 Sep;17(1):7. No abstract available.

    Lack of effect of sugar cane policosanol on plasma cholesterol in golden syrian hamsters.
    Atherosclerosis. 2006 Nov 21

    Lack of cholesterol-lowering efficacy of Cuban sugar cane policosanols in hypercholesterolemic persons.
    Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Nov;84(5):1003-8.

    Comparative lipid-lowering effects of policosanol and atorvastatin: a randomized, parallel, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
    Am Heart J. 2006 Nov;152(5):982.e1-5.


    Quote Originally Posted by yelis300 View Post
    policosanol definitely, there have been hundreds of studies done on this supplement. it has been shown to actually perform better or equal to current medications used to controll cholesterol, and can raise good cholesterol as much as 25% in some people.

    Policosanol - Monograph

    Policosanol

    do some more research on your own and form your own opinion on this one because i have read other studies that have shown completely different results. i personally believe it is a wonderful supplement. hope that helped someone out there.
  21. Advanced Member
    DragonRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    542
    Rep Power
    470

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DeerDeer View Post
    A review (among many other studies) was recently published that showed policosanol provides NO benefit in impacting one's lipid profile positively - it was published in a well known peer-reviewed journal , JAMA. -->Berthold HK, Unverdorben S, Degenhardt R, Bulitta M, Gouni-Berthold I. Effect of policosanol on lipid levels among patients with hypercholesterolemia or combined hyperlipidemia: a randomized controlled trial.
    JAMA. 2006 May 17;295(19):2262-9. - basically showed no benefit over placebo.
    Glad to see that. I tried it and I know it does nothing. I get tired of people telling me it works. If it worked, then you didn't need it, your cholesterol was not that high.

    Can you say hypochondriac?
  22. Senior Member
    AnonyMoose's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    768

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
    Glad to see that. I tried it and I know it does nothing. I get tired of people telling me it works. If it worked, then you didn't need it, your cholesterol was not that high.

    Can you say hypochondriac?
    ha ha
  23. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Can Sesathin be taken during cycle and PCT or when would it be better? And which is better to get, Controlled Labs' SesaGlow or SciVation's Sesamin?
  24. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by athlete20 View Post
    Can Sesathin be taken during cycle and post cycle therapy or when would it be better? And which is better to get, Controlled Labs' SesaGlow or SciVation's Sesamin?
    Bump...
  25. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    1187

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by athlete20 View Post
    Can Sesathin be taken during cycle and post cycle therapy or when would it be better? And which is better to get, Controlled Labs' SesaGlow or SciVation's Sesamin?
    You're talking about three different products there.

    SesaThin is our sesamin product and it's the best. If you don't believe me, feel free to look up the reports on this board and others about how users get better results from our liquid than any other sesamin product.

    The choice is obvious.
  26. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Unhappy


    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    You're talking about three different products there.

    SesaThin is our sesamin product and it's the best. If you don't believe me, feel free to look up the reports on this board and others about how users get better results from our liquid than any other sesamin product.

    The choice is obvious.
    Well Sesathin is kind of expensive, and I was looking at the two others which are less expensive than it.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    1187

    Reputation

    Small price to pay for quality and innovation in my mind, but I definitely respect where you're coming from.
  28. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    Small price to pay for quality and innovation in my mind, but I definitely respect where you're coming from.
    Between Sesathin and Sesathin Softgels, which would you recommend as being more convenient (price) and having more quality (just better)?
  29. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    1187

    Reputation

    I'd go with the liquid. It's cheaper and it seems to be the best delivery method.
  30. Board Supporter
    Yagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    231

    Reputation

    Definately the liquid, quite a difference. Not sure why. Annabolic Innovations cycle support is the best way to go. A mixture of everything to help with cholesterol and BP.
  31. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    I'd go with the liquid. It's cheaper and it seems to be the best delivery method.
    It doesn't come with something to measure doses, right?
  32. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Yagman View Post
    Definately the liquid, quite a difference. Not sure why. Annabolic Innovations cycle support is the best way to go. A mixture of everything to help with cholesterol and BP.
    Thanks. Right now I'm taking Cycle Support and some extra Milk Thistle. Once I begin with the cycle, I'm going to add Sesathin and Liver Longer.
  33. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Yagman View Post
    Definately the liquid, quite a difference. Not sure why. Annabolic Innovations cycle support is the best way to go. A mixture of everything to help with cholesterol and BP.
    agreed....cycle support is good stuff
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  34. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    1187

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by athlete20 View Post
    It doesn't come with something to measure doses, right?
    Used to, but not anymore.

    All you need is one of those 1/4 teaspoons, though.
  35. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    Used to, but not anymore.

    All you need is one of those 1/4 teaspoons, though.
    Thanks. Can I continue take Fish Oil while consuming Sesathin?
  36. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    1187

    Reputation

    Yep.
  37. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    Yep.
    Thanks. How much would you recommend me to take in conjunction with Cycle Support, extra Milk Thistle, and Liver Longer during cycle? And I can continue to take Sesathin during PCT, right (same doses?)?
  38. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    1187

    Reputation

    You're just taking it for lipids, right, and not fat loss?

    You could probably get away with anywhere between 1/2 full dose and full dose.

    And yep, you can take it with PCT.
  39. New Member
    athlete20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    You're just taking it for lipids, right, and not fat loss?

    You could probably get away with anywhere between 1/2 full dose and full dose.

    And yep, you can take it with post cycle therapy.
    Yeah I'm taking it mainly for lipids, but if I lose whatever bodyfat I have left at the same time, then great.

    Would that be 3 times a day?

    Thanks.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    1187

    Reputation

    Correct- three times a day with meals.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Restoring My Lipid Profile after Superdrol Log
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 08:12 AM
  2. Which steroids affect your lipid profile?
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 03:25 PM
  3. Lipid Profile before Superdrol - Does this make sense?
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 01:53 PM
  4. Protecting Lipid Profiles on M1T
    By Brodus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-08-2004, 09:36 PM
  5. AS and Lipid Profiles
    By PC1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in