fenugreek as a cycle of its own

tepper

Awards
Has anyone cycled fenugreek by itself? Not as a post cycle, but as its own cycle.

I already searched but did not find anyone who has done this.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what you expect the fenugreek to do but most people use it in post cycle therapy to help with natural testosterone production and libido. Users report an increased libido, increase in seminal fluid, and thats about it. As a standalone i wouldnt expect much more than what i mentioned. Not effective for putting on muscle if thats what your after, instead use other Test boosters like the NHA stack from Designer Supps, Powerfull or Cissus from USPlabs. There have been reports of people who use the fenugreek in high dosage that the fenugreek induces lactation, as it is given to mothers when breastfeeding but i believe this will only happen to those who are prone to gyno and the such. The normal doses from what i believe are anywhere from 3-5 grams a day. Hope this clears it up!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've taken it nearly daily to help with blood sugar control for maybe a whole bottle's worth of it (a month or so maybe).

tepper

Awards
daddream

If it increases libado, then it is freeing up test. So what is the difference between running fen or trib??

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
daddream

If it increases libado, then it is freeing up test. So what is the difference between running fen or trib??
That is incorrect. Increased or freed test are not the only variables effecting libido.

One example:
I can take a gram a week of exogenous test and have my libido destroyed using Letro. Why is that? Because Letro destroys estrogen and estrogen has a function in libido.

tepper

Awards
That is incorrect. Increased or freed test are not the only variables effecting libido.

One example:
I can take a gram a week of exogenous test and have my libido destroyed using Letro. Why is that? Because Letro destroys estrogen and estrogen has a function in libido.

so BP why did syntrax with their fuzu make such a big deal over the fenugreek in it?? If fenugreek doesn't free up test, then for bodybuilding purposes who needs it.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
so BP why did syntrax with their fuzu make such a big deal over the fenugreek in it?? If fenugreek doesn't free up test, then for bodybuilding purposes who needs it.
I am not saying it does or doesn't. I have not researched it that far but do use it in PCT to aid in libido.

My disagreement was with your assumption that increased libido being tantamount to increased or freed test.

"Fenugreek seeds contain diosgenin, a phytoestrogen compound that seems to mimic the effects of the hormone estrogen. Fenugreek has been used for many years as a form of natural hormone replacement therapy for menopausal women. The diosgenin in fenugreek is thought to help increase libido lessening the effects of hot flashes and hormone-induced mood fluctuations; however, fenugreek is also traditionally used to promote weight gain and stimulate breast growth."

Perhaps it is the the phytoestrogen raising the libido?

tepper

Awards
BP

I found this, what do u think:

2 | Fenugreek The fenugreek herb is native to southern Europe, the Mediterranean region and western Asia. It has numerous health benefits, including increased libido, elevated testosterone and increased insulin release. As with Tribulus terrestris, this herb contains a high amount of furostanolic saponins. Therefore, fenugreek extract works in a manner similar to Tribulus--elevating testosterone via increases in the amount of LH and DHEA the body produces. Some bodybuilders report having a better appetite when taking fenugreek extract--a great benefit for hardgainers.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
BP

I found this, what do u think:

2 | Fenugreek The fenugreek herb is native to southern Europe, the Mediterranean region and western Asia. It has numerous health benefits, including increased libido, elevated testosterone and increased insulin release. As with Tribulus terrestris, this herb contains a high amount of furostanolic saponins. Therefore, fenugreek extract works in a manner similar to Tribulus--elevating testosterone via increases in the amount of LH and DHEA the body produces. Some bodybuilders report having a better appetite when taking fenugreek extract--a great benefit for hardgainers.
Again, I am not saying it does or doesn't. It may very well increase LH and DHEA which can have a positive effect on androgens. I was merely stating that there are other factors other than test that can account for a rise in libido. Hell, an increase in LH may contribute. Just as Tribulus has much debate over whether or not it actually raises test to a significant degree and method of action it employs in doing so, you will find similar arguments with Fenugreek.

I like the stuff. It is cheap, safe and does increase my libido while in post cycle therapy. I have not used it in other applications however and can't speak for it's efficacy there. If you do decide to run it, increase your dosage weekly and discontinue after 4 weeks or so for some down time as it does lose effectiveness rapidly.

You may consider adding some nettle root extract and a low dose AI as well to attack from multiple angles so to speak.