neovar and igf-2

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    patc12303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    111
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%

    neovar and igf-2


    has anyone herd of these supplements? Do you know if they are safe, and is if-2 a steroid?

  2. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    You sit tight kind sir.... all the info on these supplements will be coming your way in the very near future. (wink)

    The company, Applied Nutriceuticals, has a website that is full of info on their products, complete with labels, and condensed and technical writeups.

    Short answer: The products are safe. NeoVar is a CEE product, and IGF-2 is an herbal supplement... nothing illegal there: Quality supplement, quality ingredient profile.

    (Trying to walk the line Bobo... no links or anything...)

    EDIT: Appreciated
  3. New Member
    patc12303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    111
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%

    sorry for asking so many questions...but is there any side effects? Is it legal for highschool sports?
    •   
       

  4. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    No need to apologize man.
    The ingredients in both products you mentioned, as well as the rest of the line, are completely safe for use, with none of the bad sides that come along with PH's, Steroids, etc.

    To say that there are no side effects at all would misleading though. A supplement manufacturer would be reeeeally going out on a limb to make a flat out statement like there are no side effects.

    Examples of some side effects would be increased increased oiliness from the boost in test, possibly some zits resulting from the piliness. But these are side effects you will see with any testosterone boosting supplement.

    With that being said, I guess I should ask your age? The high school comment was a giveaway.

    These products are completely LEGAL for use by people in high school, however, your specific school may have regulations on supplement use of any kind. It'd be a good idea to check with a coach on this. Most supplements (other than proteins, etc.) carry a warning that they are not for use by people under 21 or 18. This is due to the fact that your body is already accomplishing enough on it's own.
    Also, of course it's always a good idea to check with your medical care provider before beginning use of any supplement regimen. If you have more in-depth questions, google the company and see what you can find.
  5. New Member
    patc12303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    111
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%

    since I'm only 17 will the igf-2 mess with my body??
  6. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by patc12303
    since I'm only 17 will the igf-2 mess with my body??
    "Mess with your body" sounds so negative.............

    At your age, your main focus should be food, sleep, maybe a multivitamin and some protein. A creatine product maybe.

    The IGF-2 isn't necessarily needed right now, as your body should be running full speed on it's own. Save the Test boosters for a few more years down the road. For now, focus on fundamentals: Learn as much as you can, eat well, get started on true weightlifting.

    This will sound like someone talking down... but it is simply the truth man. You can probably find someone that will say, "Hey take this (fill in the blank)..... it'll get you going fast! That guy on AM.com doesn't know what he's talking about". But keep in mind, anyone worth their weight won't be recommending their test boosting type products to a 17 year old.

    Summary:
    1) Research.
    2) Eat.
  7. New Member
    patc12303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    111
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%

    ok thanks for all the advice. I will be going with kre alkalyn pills,animal pack for multi vitamin,protein,and is there anything else necessary?
  8. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Some EFA's wouldn't hurt you either. Good for anyone's health.
    As for creatine... if you're going to give it a go, the NeoVar will most likely outperform Kre-Alkalyn.
  9. New Member
    patc12303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    111
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%

    Do you have a sn?
  10. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Pardon my igorance here.... sn stands for?
  11. New Member
    patc12303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    111
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%

    screen name.. aol instant messanger
  12. New Member
    patc12303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    111
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%

    I was wondering if you could help me create a bulking diet.
  13. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Easier said than done my friend.... to do it right would be a big commitment.
    Do some searching for Beverly International. When you find their site, there are tons of articles there detailing diets, etc. they have constructed for others. A valuable resource.
    Applied Nutriceuticals also has some articles of value on their site. Hope this helps you out.
  14. New Member
    patc12303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    111
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%

    Thanks... I found the site,but I just need someone to help me create a plan because I want to be deicated to this
  15. New Member
    Mickfootie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    928
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    99.55%

    Look like very good products from a well researched up and coming company.

    I will be testing these two starting from next week.
    IGF-2 30 days.
    Neovar 14 days.

    I will put a review on here but my Log will be on another Forum.
  16. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I do not wish to cause trouble, but may I pose a question about the product? The actual profile looks sick, but it seems redundant to combine a HGH and Insulin formula within the same product. As I see it, lowering serum glucose levels before sleep would cause the Liver to release glycogen once REM is induced. As I understand it, this would induce gluconeogenesis, which is not the greatest state to be in. Once again, I think this could be an amazing product, just wondering on the dose and timing..
  17. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    I do not wish to cause trouble, but may I pose a question about the product? The actual profile looks sick, but it seems redundant to combine a HGH and Insulin formula within the same product. As I see it, lowering serum glucose levels before sleep would cause the Liver to release glycogen once REM is induced. As I understand it, this would induce gluconeogenesis, which is not the greatest state to be in. Once again, I think this could be an amazing product, just wondering on the dose and timing..
    Mullet, no trouble caused.
    Please bear with me as I type this without checking any references.........
    I assume you're referring to the IGF-2: but which specific ingredients?

    Edit: LMAO to the quote in your sig
  18. Idiot Savant
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    61216
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    92.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    On the website it doesn't say to dose at bedtime, rather morning, afternoon, and evening. Maybe before sleep wasn't how it's recommended to be taken I don't know. On the flip side, taking it at night would produce gluconeagenesis in the liver but also facilitate Ketosis, which if your low carbing would be a benefit.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  19. New Member
    nvr2loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    263
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    56.94%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    I do not wish to cause trouble, but may I pose a question about the product? The actual profile looks sick, but it seems redundant to combine a HGH and Insulin formula within the same product. As I see it, lowering serum glucose levels before sleep would cause the Liver to release glycogen once REM is induced. As I understand it, this would induce gluconeogenesis, which is not the greatest state to be in. Once again, I think this could be an amazing product, just wondering on the dose and timing..
    I asked the owner of AN this question and here is what he replied:

    I'm not really understanding what you are trying to ask- but here is what I can tell you:

    1. IGF-2 is not a GH and insulin product- it promotes GH release, along with testosterone enhancement and a cortisol-lowering effect in a synergistic manner.

    2. IGF-2 raises GH levels prior/during the first part of sleep, resulting in higher blood glucose levels, not lower- thus preserving the amino acid pool during the "nutritional dead time" of sleep- this has an actual muscle-sparing effect.

    3. The night-time dose is meant to be taken on an empty stomach 30 minutes before bed time.

    Does this answer your questions? If not, let us know.

    D
  20. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  21. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Safe assumption that you have your answer, Mullet?
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane
    Safe assumption that you have your answer, Mullet?
    No, I was referring to Lipotrophin PM. Let me ask you this: Do you not find it contradictory to include ingredients which raise natural HGH production, while simultaneously modulating Insulin? Though at the applied dosage no real health concern is present, HGH blunts Insulin response at the Skeletal Mucle Delivery stage; conversely, Corosolic Acid exerts its blood glucose regulatory effect at the Plasma Membrane stage of regulation. IMO, at least, it would seem contradictory to increase membrane permeability while subtracting the delivery system. No?
  23. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No, I was referring to Lipotrophin PM. Let me ask you this: Do you not find it contradictory to include ingredients which raise natural HGH production, while simultaneously modulating Insulin? Though at the applied dosage no real health concern is present, HGH blunts Insulin response at the Skeletal Mucle Delivery stage; conversely, Corosolic Acid exerts its blood glucose regulatory effect at the Plasma Membrane stage of regulation. IMO, at least, it would seem contradictory to increase membrane permeability while subtracting the delivery system. No?
    I see.

    Please pardon my confusion yet again, as Lipotrophin never came up in the previous discussion until you mentioned it above.
    Give us a few, and we'll get you an answer to that question.
  24. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241543
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Cool


    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No, I was referring to Lipotrophin PM. Let me ask you this: Do you not find it contradictory to include ingredients which raise natural HGH production, while simultaneously modulating Insulin? Though at the applied dosage no real health concern is present, HGH blunts Insulin response at the Skeletal Mucle Delivery stage; conversely, Corosolic Acid exerts its blood glucose regulatory effect at the Plasma Membrane stage of regulation. IMO, at least, it would seem contradictory to increase membrane permeability while subtracting the delivery system. No?
    Mullet-
    No- definitely not contradictory- we are one step ahead of you- we are trying to cover ALL our bases A concern in any GH-boosting product is insulin insensitivity, and banaba (through the tannic acid component) is excellent at preventing this from happening through GLUT4 translocation and alteration of the PPAR gene (which is required for adipogenesis) (1).

    You are correct- HGH does blunt insulin in skeletal muscle, but at the same time, increased HGH (and any other hyperglycemic hormone for that matter) actually causes a concurrent increased indirect release of insulin (look it up, it is in any physiology book).

    Mucuna Pruriens (the compound responsible for L-Dopa induced GH release) causes an increase in lipolysis, while at the same time increasing blood glucose and sparing muscle protein. Bacopa monnieri is also included in the product to optimize thyroid levels, and optimal thyroid levels mean increased GH secretion and up-regulation of GH receptors(2). The combination of these two products can promote a very favorable fat-burning enviroment through thyroid and GH-level optimization.

    However, increases in HGH have a mild diabetogenic effect, meaning that it is known to mimic the high blood sugar levels typical of diabetes mellitus, a situation which we wanted to prevent. That being said, banaba is not insulin, but does have a dose dependant curve similar to it, BUT at the same time, it has some very marked differences from insulin (1). Banaba actually slows the uptake of glucose into fat cells, something that is the exact opposite of insulin- the inclusion of banaba allows the user to maintain OPTIMAL insulin sensitivity while using the product.

    Competitive bodybuilders do the same thing all the time- when injecting exogenous GH, they also take T3 to optimize GH levels, while at the same time taking injectible insulin to combat GH-induced hyperinsulemia (2). Our products are not as strong as their pharmaceutical cousins, but most pharmaceutical drugs on the market have had at least some derivation from plants .

    That being said, the comment about plasma regulation at the membrane level- insulin and corosolic acid demonstrate similar phosphorylation of protein factors in the pathway that causes GLUT4 translocation (1). This really has nothing to do with how HGH exerts its effects- the receptors for insulin (and it seems corosolic acid) are completely different from those of HGH, so there is not any type of competition for the same receptor sites between the two compounds. This means while HGH and insulin are antagonistic, they still exert their effects on different receptors and target tissues. Your comment about membrane permeability really does not have any bearing in the argument- HGH does not have any type of effect on the receptor/substrate interaction of IRS-1 and PI 3-kinase and polypeptide insulin molecules.


    1) Liu, X. Jae-kyung, K. Yunsheng, L. Jing, L, Liu, F. and Chen, X. (2005) Tannic Acid Stimulates Glucose Transport and Inhibits Adipocyte Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells. Bio. and Mol. Actions of Nut. 135: 165-171.
    2) Haycock, Brian. (2005) Growing Beyond What Nature Intended: Growth Factors Take us to the Next Level of Sophistication in Bodybuilding. Part 3
  25. Advanced Member
    stri8ted_planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    532
    Rep Power
    375
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    80.89%

    Wow....can we just put the customer on the phone
  26. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Mullet-
    No- definitely not contradictory- we are one step ahead of you- we are trying to cover ALL our bases A concern in any GH-boosting product is insulin insensitivity, and banaba (through the tannic acid component) is excellent at preventing this from happening through GLUT4 translocation and alteration of the PPAR gene (which is required for adipogenesis) (1).

    You are correct- HGH does blunt insulin in skeletal muscle, but at the same time, increased HGH (and any other hyperglycemic hormone for that matter) actually causes a concurrent increased indirect release of insulin (look it up, it is in any physiology book).

    Mucuna Pruriens (the compound responsible for L-Dopa induced GH release) causes an increase in lipolysis, while at the same time increasing blood glucose and sparing muscle protein. Bacopa monnieri is also included in the product to optimize thyroid levels, and optimal thyroid levels mean increased GH secretion and up-regulation of GH receptors(2). The combination of these two products can promote a very favorable fat-burning enviroment through thyroid and GH-level optimization.

    However, increases in HGH have a mild diabetogenic effect, meaning that it is known to mimic the high blood sugar levels typical of diabetes mellitus, a situation which we wanted to prevent. That being said, banaba is not insulin, but does have a dose dependant curve similar to it, BUT at the same time, it has some very marked differences from insulin (1). Banaba actually slows the uptake of glucose into fat cells, something that is the exact opposite of insulin- the inclusion of banaba allows the user to maintain OPTIMAL insulin sensitivity while using the product.

    Competitive bodybuilders do the same thing all the time- when injecting exogenous GH, they also take T3 to optimize GH levels, while at the same time taking injectible insulin to combat GH-induced hyperinsulemia (2). Our products are not as strong as their pharmaceutical cousins, but most pharmaceutical drugs on the market have had at least some derivation from plants .

    That being said, the comment about plasma regulation at the membrane level- insulin and corosolic acid demonstrate similar phosphorylation of protein factors in the pathway that causes GLUT4 translocation (1). This really has nothing to do with how HGH exerts its effects- the receptors for insulin (and it seems corosolic acid) are completely different from those of HGH, so there is not any type of competition for the same receptor sites between the two compounds. This means while HGH and insulin are antagonistic, they still exert their effects on different receptors and target tissues. Your comment about membrane permeability really does not have any bearing in the argument- HGH does not have any type of effect on the receptor/substrate interaction of IRS-1 and PI 3-kinase and polypeptide insulin molecules.


    1) Liu, X. Jae-kyung, K. Yunsheng, L. Jing, L, Liu, F. and Chen, X. (2005) Tannic Acid Stimulates Glucose Transport and Inhibits Adipocyte Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells. Bio. and Mol. Actions of Nut. 135: 165-171.
    2) Haycock, Brian. (2005) Growing Beyond What Nature Intended: Growth Factors Take us to the Next Level of Sophistication in Bodybuilding. Part 3
    Well, I'll have to be honest: I couldn't have put it better myself.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  27. New Member
    lovetheladies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    98
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Mullet-
    No- definitely not contradictory- we are one step ahead of you- we are trying to cover ALL our bases A concern in any GH-boosting product is insulin insensitivity, and banaba (through the tannic acid component) is excellent at preventing this from happening through GLUT4 translocation and alteration of the PPAR gene (which is required for adipogenesis) (1).

    You are correct- HGH does blunt insulin in skeletal muscle, but at the same time, increased HGH (and any other hyperglycemic hormone for that matter) actually causes a concurrent increased indirect release of insulin (look it up, it is in any physiology book).

    Mucuna Pruriens (the compound responsible for L-Dopa induced GH release) causes an increase in lipolysis, while at the same time increasing blood glucose and sparing muscle protein. Bacopa monnieri is also included in the product to optimize thyroid levels, and optimal thyroid levels mean increased GH secretion and up-regulation of GH receptors(2). The combination of these two products can promote a very favorable fat-burning enviroment through thyroid and GH-level optimization.

    However, increases in HGH have a mild diabetogenic effect, meaning that it is known to mimic the high blood sugar levels typical of diabetes mellitus, a situation which we wanted to prevent. That being said, banaba is not insulin, but does have a dose dependant curve similar to it, BUT at the same time, it has some very marked differences from insulin (1). Banaba actually slows the uptake of glucose into fat cells, something that is the exact opposite of insulin- the inclusion of banaba allows the user to maintain OPTIMAL insulin sensitivity while using the product.

    Competitive bodybuilders do the same thing all the time- when injecting exogenous GH, they also take T3 to optimize GH levels, while at the same time taking injectible insulin to combat GH-induced hyperinsulemia (2). Our products are not as strong as their pharmaceutical cousins, but most pharmaceutical drugs on the market have had at least some derivation from plants .

    That being said, the comment about plasma regulation at the membrane level- insulin and corosolic acid demonstrate similar phosphorylation of protein factors in the pathway that causes GLUT4 translocation (1). This really has nothing to do with how HGH exerts its effects- the receptors for insulin (and it seems corosolic acid) are completely different from those of HGH, so there is not any type of competition for the same receptor sites between the two compounds. This means while HGH and insulin are antagonistic, they still exert their effects on different receptors and target tissues. Your comment about membrane permeability really does not have any bearing in the argument- HGH does not have any type of effect on the receptor/substrate interaction of IRS-1 and PI 3-kinase and polypeptide insulin molecules.


    1) Liu, X. Jae-kyung, K. Yunsheng, L. Jing, L, Liu, F. and Chen, X. (2005) Tannic Acid Stimulates Glucose Transport and Inhibits Adipocyte Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells. Bio. and Mol. Actions of Nut. 135: 165-171.
    2) Haycock, Brian. (2005) Growing Beyond What Nature Intended: Growth Factors Take us to the Next Level of Sophistication in Bodybuilding. Part 3

    Dude! i have no idea what the hell your talking about, but damn! We only now red neck talk around here.
  28. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Who typed that?

    It's obvious a true response is coming, but I think it is also obvious no one is advocating the use of HGH and insulin before bed, or anytime for that matter. One of the foundations of Applied Nutriceuticals is a line of products focused on safety and efficacy, and just as importantly, results.

    As for "You can not compare exogenous hormones to a supplement":
    Somewhere around here comparisons between the 2 are thrown around like CRAZY....... Hmmmm..... I'll see if I can find where.........
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  29. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241543
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    In order for corosolic acid to work, you must consume carbohydrates. If you consume glucose, the release of dopamine induced HGH release is blunted.

    If glucose is not consumed, you will release glucagon. Glucagon signals glycogenolysis (releas of glucose from the liver). When the liver stores are depleted, glucagon encourages gluconeogenisis(glucose from amino acids).

    This is basic.

    If you advocoate eating carbohydrates before taking Litp PM, Glucose blunts the release of HGH induced by l-dopa.

    In 1975, Ajlouni and colleagues reported the effects of 500mg of oral L-dopa on eight normal and 8 non-obese insulin-dependent diabetic subjects. The normal subjects increased their plasma HGH from 1.5mg/ml before L-dopa, to an average 21mg/ml at 90 minutes post L-dopa, with all subjects showing at least a 10 mg/ml increase. The diabetics increased from 2.5mg/ml to 20mg/ml from 60-90 minutes post L-dopa. Giving glucose with, or 30 minutes after the drug totally suppressed the expected HGH increase (7).

    Ajlouni, K. et al (1975) “Effect of glucose on the growth hormone response to L-dopa in normal and diabetic subjects” Diabetes 24:633-36.

    This is really basic endocrinology one of my favorite courses in college.

    We both have differing opinions thats obvious.
    The key word is opinion- I took endocrinology and plenty of anatomy and physiology (both undergraduate level and at the graduate level) as well- please refer to and re-read the FAQ's on our website- we recommend taking Lipo-PM ON AN EMPTY stomach 45 minutes before bedtime- I am familiar with the study you are referencing.

    Re-read the post- corosolic acid is included in the product to boost insulin sensitivity. The reasoning behind this is that corosolic acid down-regulates PPAR, and recent research has revealed a new polypeptide hormone, resistin, that has been discerned as one of the potential link between obesity and type II diabetes. PPAR and resistin are almost chemically identical and there is evidence that b/c CA can down-regulate PPAR, it can also also down-regulate resistin, resulting in greatly increased insulin sensitivity (2).

    This finding is completely independent of the statement "In order for corosolic acid to work, you must consume carbohydrates" - this study (which you reference constantly in your write-ups), states that one of the main areas interest in CA/TA is preventing adipogenic activity via gene down-regulation and increasing insulin sensitivity, regardless of the ingestion of dietary carbohydrates- not just that corosolic acts like insulin in muscle cells and can cause GLUT4 translocation- there is a whole other half of the study that you are failing to read (2).


    CA stimulates glucose uptake through a different method than other anti-diabetic drugs on the market- that being said, the different classes on anti-diabetic drugs have different actions, but all 3 have something in common- they can still work without glucose/carbohydrates.

    The product incorporates banaba strictly for its effects on GLUT4 translocation and insulin-sensitizing properties (through preventing PPAR/resistin expression in adipocytes). Mucuna Pruriens also has some blood-sugar lowering properties as well, yet it still causes GH release- and subsequent increased blood glucose- the effects seem to compliment/counterbalance one another (1). If it did not, Lipo-PM would not help people sleep longer, deeper, and better (signs of increased GH activity). If the banaba and mucuna contraindicated like you state, neither would work, yet both do. There have been no reports of hypoglycemia by our testers, and almost everyone who has used it claims deeper, more restful sleep, along with decreased body fat, which indicates greater GH release.



    1. Rathi, SS. Grover, JK and Vats, V The effect of Momordica charantia and Mucuna pruriens in experimental diabetes and their effect on key metabolic enzymes involved in carbohydrate metabolism. Dept. of Pharmacology, New Delhi
    2. Liu, X. Jae-kyung, K. Yunsheng, L. Jing, L, Liu, F. and Chen, X. (2005) Tannic Acid Stimulates Glucose Transport and Inhibits Adipocyte Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells. Bio. and Mol. Actions of Nut. 135: 165-171.
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  30. Board Sponsor
    donorrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    94.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    The key word is opinion- I took endocrinology and plenty of anatomy and physiology (both undergraduate level and at the graduate level) as well- please refer to and re-read the FAQ's on our website- we recommend taking Lipo-PM ON AN EMPTY stomach 45 minutes before bedtime- I am familiar with the study you are referencing.

    Re-read the post- corosolic acid is included in the product to boost insulin sensitivity. The reasoning behind this is that corosolic acid down-regulates PPAR, and recent research has revealed a new polypeptide hormone, resistin, that has been discerned as one of the potential link between obesity and type II diabetes. PPAR and resistin are almost chemically identical and there is evidence that b/c CA can down-regulate PPAR, it can also also down-regulate resistin, resulting in greatly increased insulin sensitivity (2).

    This finding is completely independent of the statement "In order for corosolic acid to work, you must consume carbohydrates" - this study (which you reference constantly in your write-ups), states that one of the main areas interest in CA/TA is preventing adipogenic activity and increasing insulin sensitivity- not just that corosolic acts like insulin in muscle cells (2).


    CA stimulates glucose uptake through a different method than other anti-diabetic drugs on the market- that being said, the different classes on anti-diabetic drugs have different actions, but all 3 have something in common- they can still work without glucose/carbohydrates.

    The product incorporates banaba strictly for its effects on GLUT4 translocation and insulin-sensitizing properties (through preventing PPAR/resistin expression in adipocytes). Mucuna Pruriens also has some blood-sugar lowering properties as well, yet it still causes GH release- and subsequent increased blood glucose- the effects seem to compliment/counterbalance one another (1). If it did not, Lipo-PM would not help people sleep longer, deeper, and better (signs of increased GH activity). If the banaba and mucuna contraindicated like you state, neither would work, yet both do. There have been no reports of hypoglycemia by our testers, and almost everyone who has used it claims deeper, more restful sleep, along with decreased body fat, which indicates greater GH release.



    1. Rathi, SS. Grover, JK and Vats, V The effect of Momordica charantia and Mucuna pruriens in experimental diabetes and their effect on key metabolic enzymes involved in carbohydrate metabolism. Dept. of Pharmacology, New Delhi
    2. Liu, X. Jae-kyung, K. Yunsheng, L. Jing, L, Liu, F. and Chen, X. (2005) Tannic Acid Stimulates Glucose Transport and Inhibits Adipocyte Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells. Bio. and Mol. Actions of Nut. 135: 165-171.

    You guys sound like me and my ex-wife.

    But honestly, we really would rather spend our time more constructively than having to educate our competitors on how compounds they use in their own products work.

    Nice response, Dirk.
  31. Senior Member
    TheUnlikelyToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,587
    Rep Power
    978
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This should be a interesting thread...

    I always welcome tha learning process.
  32. Senior Member
    TheUnlikelyToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,587
    Rep Power
    978
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post

    Yes the supplement works but where is the glucose comming from?
    ...but, what if tha tank is full (or close to it) prior to sleep?

    I would think with most people who are not dieting and eating ample amounts of CHO it would take a lot of time before liver gylcogen stores are fully depleted.
  33. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Points all well taken. Very valuable feedback.
    Summary: Agree to Disagree.

    Applied Nutriceuticals is obviously standing behind their supplement, as they should. It is a very high quality formulation. Applied Nutriceuticals has laid out all the facts on all their supplements and all the ingredients contained therein. This way, the consumer can make an informed decision, and research the substances they will be ingesting.
    This should be the core foundation of any company selling supplements to the consumer.

    This being said, since we are all adults and we can all act in a mature manner, it is time to move on to the next chapter.................


    Random question: Toad, does BSL still make Go!? I liked that stuff.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  34. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241543
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    To quote a medical Biochemistry text book


    Stores of readily available glucose to supply the tissues with an oxidizable energy source are found principally in the liver, as glycogen. A second major source of stored glucose is the glycogen of skeletal muscle. However, muscle glycogen is not generally available to other tissues, because muscle lacks the enzyme glucose-6-phosphatase.
    The major site of daily glucose consumption (75%) is the brain via aerobic pathways. Most of the remainder of is utilized by erythrocytes, skeletal muscle, and heart muscle. The body obtains glucose either directly from the diet or from amino acids and lactate via gluconeogenesis. Glucose obtained from these two primary sources either remains soluble in the body fluids or is stored in a polymeric form, glycogen. Glycogen is considered the principal storage form of glucose and is found mainly in liver and muscle, with kidney and intestines adding minor storage sites. With up to 10% of its weight as glycogen, the liver has the highest specific content of any body tissue. Muscle has a much lower amount of glycogen per unit mass of tissue, but since the total mass of muscle is so much greater than that of liver, total glycogen stored in muscle is about twice that of liver. Stores of glycogen in the liver are considered the main buffer of blood glucose levels.

    reccomending a glucose like compound(almost as strong as insulin) before bed is not the best idea. But Hey, I WAS NOT THE BRAINS behind USPLabs..

    Take Anabolic Pump before sleep and you will turn into a hypoglycemic mess.
    Justifying why I put an ingredient in what is an extremely effective compound (which I just did, in detail), is now getting to the point of apples and oranges. Read and re-read my posts, everything on them is referenced, and is true- if you want to play interpretive biology, it is up to you. Like you have said numerous times before, what the consumer decides is up to the consumer. You prefer to state opinion, I prefer to state fact. The thread is on NeoVar/IGF-2, and if you have anything constructive to add, please do.
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  35. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Ok, seriously. It's done.

    This forum does not need to dissolve into a certain other forum full of personal attacks and putdowns. Besides, I am sure it will not be allowed to come to this.

    If you have argument against the supplements, take it up with the customer service email provided on the website. This is not the type of thing that needs to be brought up in the manner you are trying to do it, as your purpose is evident. I have no doubts whatsoever that USPlabs does not want the "attacks" to suddenly go both directions. Think before you talk.

    This is as far as I personally will take this. I was a USPLabs supplement user for quite awhile, and hold no personal grudges. I have personally defended the company and Jacob as a person numerous times. But I will just as soon stand up for someone else when they are right in a given situation. No further replies.

    Moderators, obviously the purpose of this thread was fulfilled long ago. Closure is in order.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  36. Board Sponsor
    donorrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    94.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane View Post
    Ok, seriously. It's done.

    This forum does not need to dissolve into a certain other forum full of personal attacks and putdowns. Besides, I am sure it will not be allowed to come to this.

    If you have argument against the supplements, take it up with the customer service email provided on the website. This is not the type of thing that needs to be brought up in the manner you are trying to do it, as your purpose is evident. I have no doubts whatsoever that USPlabs does not want the "attacks" to suddenly go both directions. Think before you talk.

    This is as far as I personally will take this. I was a USPLabs supplement user for quite awhile, and hold no personal grudges. I have personally defended the company and Jacob as a person numerous times. But I will just as soon stand up for someone else when they are right in a given situation. No further replies.

    Moderators, obviously the purpose of this thread was fulfilled long ago. Closure is in order.
    Thank you, Lanbane.

    There will be no further responses to this topic from AN management, as we've already stated our position clearly. To go on with further bio-babble would be useless and redundant.
    I, as well as Dirk personally stand behind our company; our products, services, conduct on these forums; and we won't get sucked into a pissing match. We are happy to be here to promote our high-quality products, service our customers, answer questions and compete in the marketplace...while playing by the rules.

    I can say this...it was an interesting first day!

    D
  37. Senior Member
    TheUnlikelyToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,587
    Rep Power
    978
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane View Post
    Random question: Toad, does BSL still make Go!? I liked that stuff.
    https://www.blackstarlabs.com/blacks...products_id=46

    Check it out.

    ...If you're willing to buy in bulk, I can give you a nice discount. Just PM me and let me know what you're looking to purchase. Thanks for your support.
  38. New Member
    Mickfootie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    928
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    99.55%

    I have started my run of IGF-2 (30 days) and Neovar (10 days).
    I will put a review on here after the 30 days to let you know my feed back on it.
  39. Board Sponsor
    blahzay128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    99
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    35.17%

    EDIT: Its private business. Its belongs elsewhere.
  40. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Seriously. It's done. No further commentary.

    El Silencio es de Oro.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Diabetes and IGF/GH use...
    By lifted in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 03:17 PM
  2. BW and IGF-1
    By aznurse in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 01:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in