Fucoxanthin ??

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
I was reading on another board that Fucoxanthin has
uncoupling effects similar to DNP and was wondering why we have not seen this as part of a Fat burning product?
Is there any reason like cost or toxic concerns with this product that keep its out of new products?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fucoxanthin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Fucoxanthin
Fucoxanthin

Fucoxanthin is a carotenoid, with formula C40H60O6. It is found as an accessory pigment in the chloroplasts of brown algae and most other heterokonts, giving them a brown or olive-green color. Fucoxanthin absorbs light primarily in the blue-green to yellow-green part of the visible spectrum, peaking at around 510-525 nm by various estimates and absorbing significantly in the range of 450 to 540 nm. Some metabolic and nutritional studies carried at Hokkaido University have demonstrated that brown seaweed (rich in fucoxanthin) promotes fat burning within fat cells surrounding internal organs. In addition, fucoxanthin has strong anti-diabetes effects and, by a separate biological mechanism, it appears to kill prostate cancer cells in culture. Howi.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read a bit, is very interesting... but I didnt see anything about it being a uncoupler. A thermogenic yes, but nothing about uncoupling. Do you got a link for this info?

Adams

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Fucoxanthin from edible seaweed, Undaria pinnatifida, shows antiobesity effect through UCP1 expression in white adipose tissues.

Maeda H, Hosokawa M, Sashima T, Funayama K, Miya****a K.

Laboratory of Biofunctional Material Chemistry, Division of Marine Bioscience, Graduate School of Fisheries Sciences, Hokkaido University, Hakodate, Hokkaido 041-8611, Japan.

Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1) is usually expressed only in brown adipose tissue (BAT) and a key molecule for metabolic thermogenesis to avoid an excess of fat accumulation. However, there is little BAT in adult humans. Therefore, UCP1 expression in tissues other than BAT is expected to reduce abdominal fat. Here, we show reduction of abdominal white adipose tissue (WAT) weights in rats and mice by feeding lipids from edible seaweed, Undaria pinnatifida. Clear signals of UCP1 protein and mRNA were detected in WAT of mice fed the Undaria lipids, although there is little expression of UCP1 in WAT of mice fed control diet. The Undaria lipids mainly consisted of glycolipids and seaweed carotenoid, fucoxanthin. In the fucoxanthin-fed mice, WAT weight significantly decreased and UCP1 was clearly expressed in the WAT, while there was no difference in WAT weight and little expression of UCP1 in the glycolipids-fed mice. This result indicates that fucoxanthin upregulates the expression of UCP1 in WAT, which may contribute to reducing WAT weight

donk

Awards
Bump

So has anyone tried this stuff?

I noticed custom has it for sale in bulk but dunno if its worth buying and trying.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
I picked up 20 grams from Custom and will start this next week at 250 mgs 3x ed as indicated. I'll be stacking with Drive and resveratrol. Lookng for some good recomp mostly. The stuff is pretty cheap so what the hell.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Fuco looks very interesting. The real question is when did I miss CNW leaving as a sponsor? That really sucks as I haven't been over there in awhile, seems without them here I forgot about them. Got some great new stuff in bulk:
GAKIC powder
Resveratrol 50%
Fucoxanthin
C-12 Peptide

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
What's cost look like? I wonder where they source it from.... I was under the impression the main supplier had a patent of some sort. aka expensive ingredient.

donk

Awards
17 bucks for 20grams of 10% powder

Garden of Life-90 softgels
Proprietary FucoTHIN Blend Brown Seaweed (Undaria pinnatifida, Laminaria japonica) Concentrate (contains 5mg of fucoxanthin), Pomegranate Seed Oil 200 mg

Custom put, Suggested use: 25mg three times a day

Maybe supposed to be 250mg 3/day (75mg of the active) so you get rough 25days worth

If it really promotes fat burning within fat cells surrounding internal organs like studies say if would be the ****. Cause even if I have visable abs my belly still sticks out. (Stupid Guiness and Newcastles fault for be so tasty)

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i read about this on bb.com

curious to see the results

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking it for about 2.5 weeks the Garden of life brand. I have been chosen by the company to test it for three months(i manage a supp store and once and a while get these sweet percs). I will keep you folks updated so far not really anything but they say it can take a month or so to kick in. Also I am not on a cut but a lean bulk so we'll see.