Green Tea Extract - boosts nolva, stresses liver

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Entrez PubMed

We observed that green tea increased the inhibitory effect of tamoxifen on the proliferation of the ER (estrogen receptor)-positive MCF-7, ZR75, T47D human breast cancer cells in vitro.
Green tea decreased levels of ER-alpha in tumors both in vitro and in vivo. We also observed that green tea blocked ER-dependent transcription, as well as estradiol-induced phosphorylation and nuclear localization of mitogen-activated protein kinase. To our knowledge, this study is the first to show the interaction of green tea with the ER pathway, as well as provide mechanistic evidence that the combination of green tea and tamoxifen is more potent than either agent alone in suppressing breast cancer growth.
If it Boosts nolvas ability to shrink breast tumours, then it should boost its ability to treat gyno.

Although it seems to stress the liver:
Entrez PubMed
Our experience adds to previous reports of acute liver toxicity observed in individuals consuming supplements containing green tea extract
Probly good to stack with nolva as PCT but not to do while on cycle.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Stresses the liver? This isn't the first article posted here stating such.

I don't buy it. Asians drink as much as 10+ cups of GT a day, far more than the amount typically taken by us for health reasons. They aren't having endemic liver failure.

How much are they using in these studies, and what else are these people taking? It's gotta be WAY more than the standard 90mg EGCG 3 times a day recommended for fatloss, or the 200-400mg I take a day.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stresses the liver? This isn't the first article posted here stating such.

I don't buy it. Asians drink as much as 10+ cups of GT a day, far more than the amount typically taken by us for health reasons. They aren't having endemic liver failure.
Notice how they are using an EXTRACT, not TEA

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember reading that most GTE's have a high level of chloride in them. I could see how extended use of high amounts can stress the liver, but that would take many, many months.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Entrez PubMed

If it Boosts nolvas ability to shrink breast tumours, then it should boost its ability to treat gyno.

Although it seems to stress the liver:
Entrez PubMed

Probly good to stack with nolva as PCT but not to do while on cycle.
Everything stresses your liver. That what it does. It processes stress that accumulates in your body. The liver produces hormones that help us cope with emotion and enviromental challenges as well as regulating homostasis in the body system.

There is a big difference between liver stress and "acute liver toxicity". That difference is found in balancing the dose and the duration of exposure. I luv my GTE!!!....in proper moderation!

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
yea a lot of things stress the liver..it does say how long the enzymes were elevated for