- 01-23-2007, 03:06 PM
What are peoples opinions on biotest's products in general?
How about Surge?
I have used it before with decent results when using it PWO.
I have, however, read some of bobo's comments relating to PW nutrition, in that, slow carbs like oatmeal where actually better than fast. Is that true?
- 01-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Biotest gets bashed alot for overhyping stuff but they do have some good products. Low carb Grow/Met Drive, Flameout, Surge. Surge is too damn sweet for me no way I could drink it during a hard workout. I'm with Bobo on the slow release carbs but alot of people think otherwise. Just from a general health point of view, if I get 10% less effective recovery by eating something good for me (oats) vs a bunch of sugar (dextrose/malto/etc) I'll take the long term benefits over the short term. Vanilla whey isolate/gatorade/BCAA mix is a good alternative to Surge. Cheaper and tastes like a dreamsicle.
01-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Im sorry but it seemed as if you just contradicted yourself, you made such a good point about complex carbs but then you drink gatorade?Originally Posted by Blutarski
01-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Good point. I was just giving an example to anyone wanting fast acting carbs and wanting to save some money. I'm a steel cut oats/AI Isolate guy all the way.Originally Posted by heavyduty
01-23-2007, 11:05 PM
01-23-2007, 11:06 PM
01-23-2007, 11:11 PM
01-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By believer in forum Supplement AuctionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-04-2010, 11:41 PM
- By lou38 in forum SupplementsReplies: 9Last Post: 12-05-2008, 08:14 PM
- By Jmuls in forum SupplementsReplies: 23Last Post: 05-17-2007, 06:53 PM
- By Pfunk47 in forum SupplementsReplies: 22Last Post: 07-10-2005, 08:16 PM
- By Chippewa in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-08-2005, 09:22 AM