Biotest Surge

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
What are peoples opinions on biotest's products in general?

How about Surge?

I have used it before with decent results when using it PWO.

I have, however, read some of bobo's comments relating to PW nutrition, in that, slow carbs like oatmeal where actually better than fast. Is that true?

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Biotest gets bashed alot for overhyping stuff but they do have some good products. Low carb Grow/Met Drive, Flameout, Surge. Surge is too damn sweet for me no way I could drink it during a hard workout. I'm with Bobo on the slow release carbs but alot of people think otherwise. Just from a general health point of view, if I get 10% less effective recovery by eating something good for me (oats) vs a bunch of sugar (dextrose/malto/etc) I'll take the long term benefits over the short term. Vanilla whey isolate/gatorade/BCAA mix is a good alternative to Surge. Cheaper and tastes like a dreamsicle.

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
Biotest gets bashed alot for overhyping stuff but they do have some good products. Low carb Grow/Met Drive, Flameout, Surge. Surge is too damn sweet for me no way I could drink it during a hard workout. I'm with Bobo on the slow release carbs but alot of people think otherwise. Just from a general health point of view, if I get 10% less effective recovery by eating something good for me (oats) vs a bunch of sugar (dextrose/malto/etc) I'll take the long term benefits over the short term. Vanilla whey isolate/gatorade/BCAA mix is a good alternative to Surge. Cheaper and tastes like a dreamsicle.
Im sorry but it seemed as if you just contradicted yourself, you made such a good point about complex carbs but then you drink gatorade?

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im sorry but it seemed as if you just contradicted yourself, you made such a good point about complex carbs but then you drink gatorade?
Good point. I was just giving an example to anyone wanting fast acting carbs and wanting to save some money. I'm a steel cut oats/AI Isolate guy all the way.

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
Good point. I was just giving an example to anyone wanting fast acting carbs and wanting to save some money. I'm a steel cut oats/AI Isolate guy all the way.
Yes same here, didnt mean to sound like a **** BTW

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I'm switchin over to oats once i finish up my surge, i think it would be very beneficial on a cut.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
What about on an A.A.S. cycle?

You'd think you'd want the fast carbs then?