Citruvol and Cordygen5

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Anyone looking for impressive pumps and added strength in their workouts, check out the following:

Citruvol and Cordygen5

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
wow.... do people even read the rules anymore?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could be construed as source posting and non-boardsupporting advertisment.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
In?

(Totally confused as to how this stayed open for 8+ hours....)

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Yeah, guess it "could be", however if you look at my other posts, you will see that is not the case :)

Just a very effective product...which I can say the same about Activate I am currently using, and AMP, and Stizm, etc.

EDIT: Next time, READ

"If you are rep for a company and/or site owner that does not sponsor here you are not permitted to post links or advertise in any way. This includes posting FAQ's and/or logs about your product in an attempt to advertise. Do not tell people to post logs for your company. If you receive the products for free, do not bother to log it with their product descriptions and links. In fact, don't log it at all. Do not offer product testing as this is not your R&D department. Do not solicit through personal messages. You may answer questions pertaining to your product but that is all. Make it known to the members that you do work for a company first. Failure to do so will result in the removal of posts and your posting permissions revoked.

Advertising or linking in any way is not permitted unless you are a board sponsor or have permission from the MOD staff. These privileges are afforded to those companies that help keep this board running. Respect them as well as board management."

Could be construed as source posting and non-boardsupporting advertisment.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I've seen your other post and didn't see any problems, and that's exactly why I said "Could be".;) And yes, thanks to you and some other members on here I am now eyeballing yet another supp to spend my hard earned doe on.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
prid, you're selling bambi?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you ask nice, they'll give samples. There's a link on their site.

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Thanks for the clarification! :)

Yeah, definitely check it out...your workouts will be insane LOL

:good: :clean: :dl: :squat:

Yeah, I've seen your other post and didn't see any problems, and that's exactly why I said "Could be".;) And yes, thanks to you and some other members on here I am now eyeballing yet another supp to spend my hard earned doe on.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
prid, you're selling bambi?
(Homer Simpson) Doooooooe!

LOL, na not bambi. Just his mother for now, and I'm still trying get something for thumper(that little bastard not's worth a dime).

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Did you manage to take the plunge yet to try both of these? Talk about incredible workouts :)

(Homer Simpson) Doooooooe!

LOL, na not bambi. Just his mother for now, and I'm still trying get something for thumper(that little bastard not's worth a dime).

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No kidding; I worked out last night and I still have a pump. I take 3 C5's and 4 Citruvols pre-workout. otherwise I split the C5 dose throughout the day.

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Yep, doing the exact same dosage. :djparty:

No kidding; I worked out last night and I still have a pump. I take 3 C5's and 4 Citruvols pre-workout. otherwise I split the C5 dose throughout the day.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you manage to take the plunge yet to try both of these? Talk about incredible workouts :)
Nope, not yet. Just waiting for NP to release their cordy product, then I'll give it a shot. Any supp that promotes immunity, aids digestion, and decrease fatigue always gets my attention.

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
I know what you mean; look forward to see how the price turns out.

Nope, not yet. Just waiting for NP to release their cordy product, then I'll give it a shot. Any supp that promotes immunity, aids digestion, and decrease fatigue always gets my attention.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey lawnboy and/or poison, any of you guys use cordygen solo? If you have what was your protocol? Just wondering what cordy can do as an isolated product.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, here:

I workout three times a week, Mon, Wed, Fri. I take C5 every day, Citruvol pre-workout only. I've taken citrulline before; I'm very familiar with its effects on my body.

I've noticed several things outside the effects of CM (which only manifest themselves during, and shortly after, the workout).

Libido is up; morning wood, drive, everything. it feels great. Fenotest raised libido too, but in an uncomfortable way, like an itch you had to scratch, lol. This is not like that.

I take 3 C5's pre-workout with Citruvol on workout days, instead of spacing the doses throughout the day. I've noticed greater pumps in the gym when doing this then when just taking Citruvol.

I've been working a ton, around 90 hours a week; two co-workers were sick, my wife and baby were sick. NOrmally I'd get it, and I didn't. Despite the lack of sleep, I don't feel horrible, as I usually do when I do this.

CM doesn't have these effects on me.

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Sorry, but can only comment on Citruvol and Cordygen5 as I have been using both of them together, only on workout days.

poison - curious why you are taking Cordygen5 on non-workout days? Think your preworkout dosage is any less effective? I might need to try and mix it up a bit.

Hey lawnboy and/or poison, any of you guys use cordygen solo? If you have what was your protocol? Just wondering what cordy can do as an isolated product.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for starting this thread. They both look awesome. I already have bulk c.m. but thinking of stacking the cordygen 5 and citruvol. since the citruvol has more than c.m.

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Funny you should mentioned that as I had the same and still have CM in bulk that I use preworkout with CEE and some others. Personally, I like the cordygen5 the best, but using the two together makes quote a combination.

Thanks for starting this thread. They both look awesome. I already have bulk c.m. but thinking of stacking the cordygen 5 and citruvol. since the citruvol has more than c.m.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Funny you should mentioned that as I had the same and still have CM in bulk that I use preworkout with CEE and some others. Personally, I like the cordygen5 the best, but using the two together makes quote a combination.
Are you stacking the two? When do you dose the cordygen? Preworkout?

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Yes, I am taking 4 Citruvol and 3 Cordygen5 about 30-45 mins prior to my workouts. Only using both of the product on gym days.

Also use the following bulk powders for preworkout only:

Citrulline Malate
Creatine Ethyl Ester
Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate
Nitrous Malate
L-Tyrosine
Acetyl-L-Carnitine Powder
Ornithine Ethyl Ester

Are you stacking the two? When do you dose the cordygen? Preworkout?

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I am taking 4 Citruvol and 3 Cordygen5 about 30-45 mins prior to my workouts. Only using both of the product on gym days.

Citrulline Malate
Creatine Ethyl Ester
Nitrous Malate
L-Tyrosine
Ornithine Ethyl Ester
If you don't mind me asking, what about postworkout?

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
No, only use that stack solely for preworkout. All the different powders get old after awhile of measuring them all out, so the simplicity and benefits of Citruvol and Cordygen5 sure are a welcome change. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what about postworkout?

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
How are you dosing your bulk CM now? Are you solely using it for preworkout? Are you taking any other supplements with it?

QUOTE=glsa17;722064]I hear ya.[/QUOTE]

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

Citrulline Malate
Creatine Ethyl Ester
Nitrous Malate
L-Tyrosine
Ornithine Ethyl Ester
I am curious about two things.

1. how do you know that the Cordygen5 is the cause of the great pumps and workout when taking so many pump/no products at the same time? :duel: :icon_lol:

2. do you see any similarity between your bulk powders and the ingredients in Chaos
Taurine
Acetyl-L-Carnitine:
Creatine Ethyl Ester:
Di-Arginine Malate:
Citrulline Malate:
Glucuronolactone:
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine:

:)

CROWLER

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Oh, I see alot of similarities between MY stack :duel: (see below) and Chaos. Actually had never heard about Chaos before you mentioned it, however from the results I have received from the stack I have been using for months now, Chaos is one heck of a good product :head: :

• Citrulline Malate
  • Creatine Ethyl Ester
  • Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate
  • Nitrous Malate
  • L-Tyrosine
  • Acetyl-L-Carnitine Powder
  • Ornithine Ethyl Ester
Cannot recall when I started that stack, must be now about 10 months ago. However, when I added Citruvol and Cordygen5 (which has been in the past couple of weeks), my workouts were the best ever. I have since mixed it up a bit and only used the following:

• L-Tyrosine
  • Acetyl-L-Carnitine Powder
  • Creatine Ethyl Ester
  • Citruvol
  • Cordygen5

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just took 3 CordyGen5's an hour or so before my workout today...i gotta say i am impressed. i am on cycle and completely "pumped-out" (meaning most NO boosters are lost on me), but this stuff did something i have honestly never seen...it gave the aerobic effects of albuterol, the energy and drive of, well....somewhere between cocaine and methyl-DHT. i know that sounds odd, but it gave an instant push i am not accustomed to from the things i've been using, not even stimX (which i love)

i am picking up a bottle of it to experiment further. i will post more when i try it a while longer....my only hesitation is that i personally dont really care about my aerobic capacity for training. i train for muscle, not endurance, and when i go to failure it is because of the weight, not from cardiovascular exhaustion. albuterol (which i'm fond of) @ 16mg/day back in 2004 made me able to do far more cardio, but i really dont have a use for it now as i'm on a lean bulk (lean from the foods, not from cardio)

anywho, i may post something more formal later. i recommend you all check this stuff out (the sample packs have tons of things in them) - there's no cost, and it comes with a great coupon.

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Good to hear! :) Yeah, the effect is hard to explain, but the results are just incredible and really can only be understood best if you experience it first hand.

Are you using both of them solely for preworkout?

just took 3 CordyGen5's an hour or so before my workout today...i gotta say i am impressed. i am on cycle and completely "pumped-out" (meaning most NO boosters are lost on me), but this stuff did something i have honestly never seen...it gave the aerobic effects of albuterol, the energy and drive of, well....somewhere between cocaine and methyl-DHT. i know that sounds odd, but it gave an instant push i am not accustomed to from the things i've been using, not even stimX (which i love)

i am picking up a bottle of it to experiment further. i will post more when i try it a while longer....my only hesitation is that i personally dont really care about my aerobic capacity for training. i train for muscle, not endurance, and when i go to failure it is because of the weight, not from cardiovascular exhaustion. albuterol (which i'm fond of) @ 16mg/day back in 2004 made me able to do far more cardio, but i really dont have a use for it now as i'm on a lean bulk (lean from the foods, not from cardio)

anywho, i may post something more formal later. i recommend you all check this stuff out (the sample packs have tons of things in them) - there's no cost, and it comes with a great coupon.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good to hear! :) Yeah, the effect is hard to explain, but the results are just incredible and really can only be understood best if you experience it first hand.

Are you using both of them solely for preworkout?
what do you mean "both of them"? cocaine and MDHT? :icon_lol:

yeah, postworkout is insulin, GHRP-6, CEE and dextrose/whey.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The first one is interesting, the second...what extract did they use? I'd love to know. I tried BN's cordyceps, and didn't get much from it. Cordygen5, I do.

lawn, I take Cordygen5 daily because that's the way I understand it to work best. Millennium recommends it, too.

Also, I've noticed that Citruvol and or Cordygen take a bit longer to kick in than the typical pre-workout cocktail. Usually, 30 minutes is fine, but this stuff seems to kick in right around an hour.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The cortisol effects of cordy have been known for a little while. I remember reading some of the reviews over at BN and a couple of them talked about this. Seems like in general some of the folks felt that it should stack good with an anti-cort supp like LX or Retain and that the great benefits far out wayed the minor rise in cortisol production.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Seems like in general some of the folks felt that it should stack good with an anti-cort supp like LX or Retain and that the great benefits far out wayed the minor rise in cortisol production.
hmm...the pros of cordy are in a different category than the cons. the increase in energy, drive and aerobic capacity are great for long and/or hard workouts, but the side effect of cortisol stimulation is bad for hypertrophy.

i just think there are better ways to get amped for a workout that dont spike cortisol.

(just a guess - the effects of the cordygen5 i used could easily be considered something of a "stress", as in, my body was doing a helluva lot more physiologically than it would have been otherwise...and as we know, cortisol and stress are directly related)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
[Anticarcinogenic effect and hormonal effect of Cordyceps militaris Link.][Article in Chinese]
Liu J, Yang S, Yang X, Chen Z, Li J.
Norman Bethune University of Medical Sciences, Changchun.

Cordyceps militaris (CML) has been found good for inhibiting the growth of tumor, prolonging the survival period of mice implanted with S180, inhibiting the growth and metastasis of Lewis pneumonic cancer in the implanted mice, increasing the plasm content of cortisol and testosterone in normal rats, and elevating the weight of sexual organs in normal and castrated rats. CML exerts a malehormone-like effect.

PMID: 10743207 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

So the positive effects of the test elevation must override the negative effects of the cortisol on growth.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Life Sci 2000 Feb 25; 66(14):1369-76
Protein constituent contributes to the hypotensive and vasorelaxant activities of Cordyceps sinensis.
Chiou WF, Chang PC, Chou CJ, Chen CF, National Research Institute of Chinese Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC.

Cordyceps sinensis is a herb medicine in China for the treatment of general debility after sickness and for persons of advanced age. In the present study, cordyceps sinensis was extract by phosphate buffer saline (PBS) and dialyzed overnight against PBS using a membrane cut off at 3,500 dalton molecular weight. The resulting macromolecule fraction (defined as CS) was assayed in anesthetized rats for hypotensive effects and in isolated aorta for vasorelaxant effects. Intravenous injection of CS (8,16, 24 and 32 mg/kg, respectively) suppressed significantly the mean arterial pressure (MAP) in a dose-dependent manner. 32 mg/kg of CS induces the maximal hypotensive response with a 58 +/- 4 mm Hg (from 107 +/- 6 to 49 +/- 3 mm Hg) change in MAP and a over 45 min action duration. In aortic rings precontracted with phenylephrine treatment with CS between 0.5 and 500 microg/ml induced dose dependent relaxation. Maximal vasorelaxant response evoked by 150 microg/ml CS was 68.9 +/- 7.3%. Furthermore, CS-induced vasorelaxation is mediated by the endothelium possibly by stimulating the release of the nitric oxide and endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor. In conclusion, the present study revealed that presence of a constituent in CS which reduces MAP by relaxing the vascular beds directly. However, the effect may be caused by a single active ingredient or by the combined action of many active agents found in the extract. PMID: 10755473, UI: 20216249

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps the cortisol increase is in response to an elevation of test as the two are antagonists if I'm not mistaken.

I've been using BAC's bulk cordy for about 2 months now. Stimulatory effects have waned a little..or I have gotten used to them. I don't seem to have any effects associated with increased cortisol(wieght gain et cetera), however those would be hard to quantify without blood work. All in all, I really like it's effects for workouts and overall energy.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
bioman, I dunno if you saw that post of mine, but I asked Millennium about long term usage: he said he takes it non-stop for its immune system boosting effects, but if you're taking it for athletic purposes, and feel as if it's not working anymore, to take a few days off.

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Thanks for the suggest...might give the daily dose of Cordygen5 a try...I have noticed though as you indicated it does seem to take longer to take effect than the rest of my preworkout stack.

The first one is interesting, the second...what extract did they use? I'd love to know. I tried BN's cordyceps, and didn't get much from it. Cordygen5, I do.

lawn, I take Cordygen5 daily because that's the way I understand it to work best. Millennium recommends it, too.

Also, I've noticed that Citruvol and or Cordygen take a bit longer to kick in than the typical pre-workout cocktail. Usually, 30 minutes is fine, but this stuff seems to kick in right around an hour.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perhaps the cortisol increase is in response to an elevation of test as the two are antagonists if I'm not mistaken.
That's a really good point you bring up there bioman, combine that with what same_old said about increase physiology output capacity, and yeah it would be pretty much a given that cordy increase cortisol. A side note on the immunity aspects of cordy is that cortisol is a primary horomone that positively regulates the immune system. So the rise in cortisol in way just shows that it's working.

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
I am curious as to how much of an increase in cortisol Cordygen5 causes. Currently about half way through my 8 week cycle of Activate/Rebound Reloaded and also using Reduce XT. So it sounds like using Cordygen5, even solely for preworkout may cause an increase in cortisol, but I imagine the dosage of Reduce XT should be helping to offset any of that.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
[Anticarcinogenic effect and hormonal effect of Cordyceps militaris Link.][Article in Chinese]
Liu J, Yang S, Yang X, Chen Z, Li J.
Norman Bethune University of Medical Sciences, Changchun.

Cordyceps militaris (CML) has been found good for inhibiting the growth of tumor, prolonging the survival period of mice implanted with S180, inhibiting the growth and metastasis of Lewis pneumonic cancer in the implanted mice, increasing the plasm content of cortisol and testosterone in normal rats, and elevating the weight of sexual organs in normal and castrated rats. CML exerts a malehormone-like effect.

PMID: 10743207 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

So the positive effects of the test elevation must override the negative effects of the cortisol on growth.
CodyGen5 contains only one part of the militaris strain, which i believe is a rather unique one with actions different than the others. the sinensis, which i suspect makes up the bulk of the products, should be the one we investigate most, IMO.

and your comment in red is pretty ridiculous. with absolutely no numbers, you can even come close to accurately making an assertion like that.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:rolleyes: here, let me re-word my 'assertion' for you:

Maybe the positive effects of the test elevation override the negative effects of the cortisol on growth.
;)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah, good use of a defensive word poison.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Huh???

Edit: WTH? the forum looks weird, lol. Edit2: Now it doesn't.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Edit 3: Cordy mess with the eyes.LOL

poison, defensive words are words you use in a conversation or writing to state your point when the facts are not concrete. Like, "Maybe cordy messes with eyesight." I neither know or don't know, but I've made MY statement(I learned that in my old philosophy class, really helps with those girlfriend arguments..... sometimes.)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ah, sure. Strange name for the type of word, though. 'Defensive'? Anyway, thanks, I learned something. :)