Lump in throat from whey?

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Recently I have been getting a "lump" feeling in my throat from my post workout whey. Prior to this I have only had this problem occasionally, but now it seems very constant. I usually mix 2 scoops GF-pro in 16oz of water and pretty much never had a problem for months on end. So far I have dropping the protein amount but keeping the ratio the same. Didn't work. Today I tried mixing 1 scoop with 16oz of water. Again, Didn't work. The part that really sucks is that I have about 23lbs left from when I bought a ton when it was on sale. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did you find a way to make it stop. Its getting so bad that I can't eat right for 12 hours, which is very counter productive. Thank you for any help.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Just guessing...

It sounds like you are having an allergic reaction. If this is the first time you have you used this brand or type, and you only notice the lump (or lumps?) after you drink it... Then I would assume its an allergic reaction. Also please note, people can develop allergic reactions to things they have been eating in the past w/o problems.

If you have taken this supplement in the past, but never had the lump...then it opens up more doors...

- Bad combo reactions to other supps.
- Bad batch (not sterile? contaminated?)
- An infected sore in the throat that gets irritated by the supplement (or certain supplements).

But the most important part is, not being able to eat for 12hrs. I would stop taking it immediately. If the lump starts spreading and blocks airways go to the ER (emergency room) ASAP.