GABA reactions - AnabolicMinds.com

GABA reactions

  1. New Member
    SwordBurn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    242

    Reputation

    GABA reactions


    I was testing GABA for ...um squeeky bed cardio purposes...
    and I found an unexpected reaction...

    I am insomniac (even before supps)...I would sleep maybe 2-3hrs a day and be fine. In my younger days I would go w/o sleep for days.

    But I recently took GABA 1000mg (2 pills 500mg)...and couple hours later that night I sat on my bed, read a few catalogs and fell asleep....AT 9:00PM!!!!!!!!!!

    Sorry to sound a bit ecstatic, but this has not happened in years (so long I don't even remember the last time). I've tested it a few days more and had the same reactions sleeping before midnight (very early for me).

    - I ate normally
    - I worked out normally
    - No sex during those days
    - Nothing new

    What are other peoples reaction to GABA?
    Is 1000mg a safe dose?

    I didn't find anything negative on GABA...
    ... But maybe you guys have?

  2. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37730

    Reputation

    Ha, no, you're fine. You can take up to 10-15gr per dose, though I wouldn't take that much. 5gr or so would be better.

    It will make you sleep better. You might want to check into PGHt by universalkits. They have their own area of the forum here, or just search for it.
  3. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    If you take too much before establishing a tolerance, you will get red and wheezy. 1-2grams should be ok to start with. If you start to flush and wheeze, don't freak out, you're fine and it'll stop in about 10 minutes.
    •   
       

  4. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    609

    Reputation

    Yeah I sleep like a baby with Gaba, and even better when i add ZMA to it. Like mentioned above, I say go with 2-3 grams to start and work up to 6-10grams. I've read that 20g is the most that can be absorbed.
  5. Advanced Member
    meowmeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    385

    Reputation

    I have a sleep stack and rotate items in and out. Gaba is the one item that I know increases my REM sleep (i.e. I am more rested the next day).

    Other things such as 5-HTP however help me sleep but don't necessarily make me feel more rested.

    I started back on Gaba last night and feel great today. Good stuff.
  6. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    You can develop a tolerance so you may want to rotate in other things (valerian, melatonin, zma, etc.).
  7. New Member
    mrmoose63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    202

    Reputation

    Seems like L-Tryptophan would be a good inclusion/rotation item for a sleep stack. I've also found the Taurine around 3grams before bed will relax me enough to fall asleep faster as well.
  8. New Member
    bigstabile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    302

    Reputation

    3mg melatonin and 1g gaba work wonders for me.

    That reminds me, I'm out of gaba.
  9. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33557

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SwordBurn
    I was testing GABA for ...um squeeky bed cardio purposes...
    and I found an unexpected reaction...

    I am insomniac (even before supps)...I would sleep maybe 2-3hrs a day and be fine. In my younger days I would go w/o sleep for days.

    But I recently took GABA 1000mg (2 pills 500mg)...and couple hours later that night I sat on my bed, read a few catalogs and fell asleep....AT 9:00PM!!!!!!!!!!

    Sorry to sound a bit ecstatic, but this has not happened in years (so long I don't even remember the last time). I've tested it a few days more and had the same reactions sleeping before midnight (very early for me).

    - I ate normally
    - I worked out normally
    - No sex during those days
    - Nothing new

    What are other peoples reaction to GABA?
    Is 1000mg a safe dose?

    I didn't find anything negative on GABA...
    ... But maybe you guys have?
    Hey Swordburn,

    Ive done much research on Gaba and used it for two and a half years every day. Research shows Gaba increases HGH production five aND A HALF TIMES THE NORMAL AMOUNT for about thirty minutes. Start at a low dose or one or two grams and the ideal dose is five grams. Some people have gone up to Eighteen.I think its especially useful for Anti-aging.
  10. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Another idea is to take a big dose of USPLab's PowerFULL. The stuff's like a sedative, to me at least. I'll take some, feel fine, but when I go to lie down (even if I'm not feeling tired) I'm out like a light.
  11. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,938
    Rep Power
    4568194

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I took GABA only once. I had purchased some powder a few years ago. I took 1 gram and it had the opposite reaction you people seem to get. It gave me crazy energy. I had to go for a run and then clean the house!!!!...Even the oven! and I don't clean the oven often!!!!
  12. New Member
    SwordBurn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    242

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I took GABA only once. I had purchased some powder a few years ago. I took 1 gram and it had the opposite reaction you people seem to get. It gave me crazy energy. I had to go for a run and then clean the house!!!!...Even the oven! and I don't clean the oven often!!!!
    Hrmm...

    GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) is a non-essential amino acid found mainly in the human brain and eyes. It is considered an inhibitory neurotransmitter, which means it regulates brain and nerve cell activity by inhibiting the number of neurons firing in the brain. GABA is referred to as the brain's natural calming agent. By inhibiting over-stimulation of the brain, GABA may help promote relaxation and ease nervous tension.
    Perhaps it was another supp that gave you that boost....?
  13. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1425

    Reputation

    Talking


    Hello guys...just noticed this post...

    We are coming out with "Performance Pudding Night Time" very shortly. We should be releasing it as soon as we get Poseidon out the door.

    I think you guys will be impressed with the results and the ADDICTING taste ;-)

    Workin
  14. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,938
    Rep Power
    4568194

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SwordBurn
    Hrmm...



    Perhaps it was another supp that gave you that boost....?

    Nope it was the only thing I was taking. Thats why it was so strange. I gave some Gaba to the wife and she was ready to go to sleep. I went for a run, came back and started cleaning the oven and the wife was already in bed.
  15. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    Nope it was the only thing I was taking. Thats why it was so strange. I gave some Gaba to the wife and she was ready to go to sleep. I went for a run, came back and started cleaning the oven and the wife was already in bed.
    Brain chemistry can be very individual. You probably have abnormally high or low levels of some enzyme so your body metabolized it in an unusual way.
  16. New Member
    Mickfootie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    44
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    925

    Reputation

    I take 5g of GABA every night before bed and have done for a while now and always have a really good nights sleep.
    I do get a tingling feeling and flushing too about 10 mins after i take it.

    Some people do take this before training too to intensify it in some way.
    I have never done this so can't comment, but think it would put me to sleep during a workout.
  17. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation

    I stack GABA with PGHT. I just started GABA a few months ago, so Im still ~500mg 2x per day (1000+ mg gives me a crazy GABA rush).

    I do sleep deeper but it doesnt make me tired. The subtle anti-aging effects and fat reduction of increased HGH output are definitely noticeable, however.

    BV
  18. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1425

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by workin2005
    Hello guys...just noticed this post...

    We are coming out with "Performance Pudding Night Time" very shortly. We should be releasing it as soon as we get Poseidon out the door.

    I think you guys will be impressed with the results and the ADDICTING taste ;-)

    Workin
    Here is a great article on Gaba:

    GABA Supplement Information | GABA Side Effects

    Hope this helps!

    Workin
  19. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149921

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigstabile
    3mg melatonin and 1g gaba work wonders for me.

    That reminds me, I'm out of gaba.
    3 mg is the standard for tablet size, but it's way too much IMO. Have you tried the GABA without the melatonin? Melatonin gives people without circadian rythmic issues (ex. jet lag or constant daylight) some really screwed up and sometimes terrifying dreams and hypnagogic images. I've taken it in the past and I remember that during the phase when you're sometimes semi-conscious as you feel yourself 'sinking' into the bed, I thought to myself, "I wonder if I can induce a lucid dream from this state," and I began hearing a shrill screaming sound in my head and then a flash of my most feared animal (the snake LOL) and then I bursted to my feet with a severely elevated heart rate. I had screwed up nightmares that night as well!
  20. New Member
    SwordBurn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    242

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by workin2005
    Here is a great article on Gaba:

    GABA Supplement Information | GABA Side Effects

    Hope this helps!

    Workin
    Good read. Thanks for the reply guys. Good to know that there are no severe side effects w/ GABA.



    And guys taking 18g....WTF!
  21. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1425

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green
    3 mg is the standard for tablet size, but it's way too much IMO. Have you tried the GABA without the melatonin? Melatonin gives people without circadian rythmic issues (ex. jet lag or constant daylight) some really screwed up and sometimes terrifying dreams and hypnagogic images. I've taken it in the past and I remember that during the phase when you're sometimes semi-conscious as you feel yourself 'sinking' into the bed, I thought to myself, "I wonder if I can induce a lucid dream from this state," and I began hearing a shrill screaming sound in my head and then a flash of my most feared animal (the snake LOL) and then I bursted to my feet with a severely elevated heart rate. I had screwed up nightmares that night as well!
    Agree...in the powder form, I've always found 1.5-2 grams of Gaba to be more than sufficient.

    Workin
  22. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149921

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by workin2005
    Agree...in the powder form, I've always found 1.5-2 grams of Gaba to be more than sufficient.

    Workin
    My bad Workin, I was referring to melatonin, but coincidentally 1.5-2grams is what I find best for GABA. Melatonin @ the 3mg standard size is too much IMO and I think they should have bigger tablets in 2mg sizes that you can quarterize. If that were so, many more people would probably purchase it for it's versatility and enhanced effects in melatonin's case (less is better).
  23. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1425

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green
    My bad Workin, I was referring to melatonin, but coincidentally 1.5-2grams is what I find best for GABA. Melatonin @ the 3mg standard size is too much IMO and I think they should have bigger tablets in 2mg sizes that you can quarterize. If that were so, many more people would probably purchase it for it's versatility and enhanced effects in melatonin's case (less is better).
    No...MY bad if I misunderstood...but it seems it brought about a valid point anyhow ;-)

    Workin
  24. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33557

    Reputation

    Took soem Gaba last night for sleep. man I slept deep without any Interruptions and woke up after eight plus hours of sleep still felt like sleeping but I had to get up. Took some Alcar .....breakfast.... Then ate another meal and took Sulb Bam Im still awake after training.

    Anyways gaba does work nicely.
  25. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation

    500mg of the stuff and Im good - if I take ~1g I get a really hard GABA rush that can be borderline uncomfortable.
  26. Advanced Member
    BigCasino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    417

    Reputation

    I bought some Nutraplanet GABA powder and dosed 3.6 grams last night, my first time ever with GABA. I ended up falling asleep 30min later, but did not have any tingling or shortness of breath. Tonight I will try 5 grams and report back. If nothing else it helped put me to sleep and I had vivid dreams.
  27. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149921

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    GABA has such poor availability issues. I tried it a few times and it gave me a flush feeling, but no help falling asleep.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  28. Advanced Member
    BigCasino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    417

    Reputation

    Last night I increased my dosage to 5 grams. That's up from the 3.6 grams I consumed the night before. At 5 grams though, I felt very drowsy but my mind was racing, and it actually made it harder to fall asleep, so I think I will stick with a lower dosage.
  29. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,875
    Rep Power
    365451

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Could one take gaba with protein at night?
  30. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768795

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    Could one take gaba with protein at night?
    yeah, just avoid high levels of carbs if you want the GH effect
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. M1T reaction to antibiotics
    By victor2003 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 05:16 PM
  2. bad reaction
    By ak-47 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 04:35 PM
  3. Reactions to T-1 Final formula while in Sun?
    By neckcrank in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 02:13 PM
  4. Strange reaction to Clen
    By Balsam in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 05:59 PM
  5. allergic reactions
    By Blazer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in