Looking For Supplement Advice - Bring Me Over the Plateau

whones

Awards
I’m 23 years old, 185 lbs, 5’11” and taking Creatine Ethyl Ester (from Axis Labs). I consume around 3000 calories a day and around 150g to 200g of protein per day. I am looking for a supplement to help increase my strength but I don’t know what will work best. I don’t want to mess with prohormones or steroids because I don’t want to deal with the dangers and side effects. Does anyone have any advice for me? I have been looking into 6-OXO and Anabolic Pump. Do you think these supplements would bring me over my plateau? Are there other supplements you might suggest? To give you a basic idea of where are I am regarding my strength, I’m currently benching 4 sets, 8 reps at 235 lbs and have been stuck around that weight for the past couple months or so.

Thanks in advance for your help!

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
More protein... shoot for at least 300g spread ~6x throughout the day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely increase your protein before looking into a supplement (unless it is a protein powder).

whones

Awards
Thanks for the replys. I will try adding more protein to my diet. I currently get about 3/4 of my protein from powders and the other quarter from meat and cottage cheese.

Also, what amount/type of carbohydrates do you suggest?

Thanks!

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replys. I will try adding more protein to my diet. I currently get about 3/4 of my protein from powders and the other quarter from meat and cottage cheese.

Also, what amount/type of carbohydrates do you suggest?
Try to add the additional protein by using food sources rather than powders. Chicken breast, tuna, lean beef, and before bed cottage cheese are all great sources. Protein supplements should be just that, a supplement to your diet.

As for carbs, a good starting point is a 40/40/20 diet, which means you get 40% of calories from carbs, 40% from protein, and 20% of fat. Good sources are oats and other whole grains (as in whole grain breads and whole wheat pastas).

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Are you getting proper rest?

I know this sounds wierd...but I get better results with good sleep.

I'm too lazy to post the science to it. :yawn:

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i've found the chewier the meat the better - cottage cheese, eggs whites don't fit that category. Carbs? Pasta! Brown Rice! Potatoes/Yams!

good luck,