Recommended Appetite Stimulant?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to bulk, but even though I've been busting my butt in the gym, I'm not breaking down my meals as quickly as I'd like to be. So instead of eating every three hours, sometimes I will be waiting an extra hour to have my next meal.

So far I've seen two different appetite stimulants out there:
Controlled Labs Black Hole
Anabolic Innovations Grub On

I like what I read about Black Hole, because it targets receptors in your brain whereas Grub On targets only taste buds(sounds kind of weak to me...no offense AI guys). The drawback about Black Hole is that it says not to take before meals that come before operating machinery/cars. If I should not take Black Hole in the morning before work because of driving, I would also not like to take it because I work with computers/data and a lack of concentration would be really, really BAD!

Anyone have experience with either of these two or any other appetite stimulators? Thanks in advance.

tattoopierced1

Grub on works better than Black Hole. I've tried both and you will notice an almost instant effect from the Grub On.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
How many calories are you eating? Did you ramp up to that level or did you just make a big jump? I think you'll find it easier to eat a lot if you add a few hundred calories a week and work your way up to a high calorie diet. You have to give your metabolism a chance to catch up.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Well, I was planning on getting up around 3500+ calories a day for this bulk (I weigh about 176 right now). I have been working my way up there but lately I've just been trying to eat as much clean food as possible...so the exact number of calories isn't as important to me anymore. My ability to stomach/metabolize the food right now is kind of limiting how much I take in.

The biggest problem I have is that I lift after work so by the time I'm done, I have my post w/o shake around 8:00pm - 8:30pm, try to get in some dinner an hour and a half later, then I also like to try to squeeze in a pre-bed slow absorbing protein/fat snack. This poses a big problem because it's hard to manage all three "meals" in such a short span of time.

Basically I just want to help myself eat more! (I also sometimes miss the feeling of being hungry...but feelings of hunger come and go)

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Grub on works better than Black Hole. I've tried both and you will notice an almost instant effect from the Grub On.
Coming from an AI guy, I'm not surprised! haha j/k

But I will be sure to keep looking into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Appetite is a good thing. How much of your food is being digested and absorbed is another. Try probiotic digestive enzymes, hit 2 birds with one stone.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Appetite is a good thing. How much of your food is being digested and absorbed is another. Try probiotic digestive enzymes, hit 2 birds with one stone.
Yeah, I've seen a bunch of people's logs where they are using probiotic enzymes. Seems pretty logical. I'll look into that too. Thanks.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Mach-

I haven't done any research yet on probiotic enzymes, but would I end up taking them with every meal?

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
The biggest problem I have is that I lift after work so by the time I'm done, I have my post w/o shake around 8:00pm - 8:30pm, try to get in some dinner an hour and a half later, then I also like to try to squeeze in a pre-bed slow absorbing protein/fat snack. This poses a big problem because it's hard to manage all three "meals" in such a short span of time.
So is that the only time you have problems? How soon after that dinner to you have the pre-bed snack? It sounds to me that you are trying to cram too many calories into a short amount of time. If you eat enough the rest of the day you don't need to cram all that in at the end. Your body can only process so many calories at one time. The PWO shake right after is good, dinner 30 mintues later is a little soon though. Give it an hour and let that be your last meal of the day.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
So is that the only time you have problems? How soon after that dinner to you have the pre-bed snack? It sounds to me that you are trying to cram too many calories into a short amount of time. If you eat enough the rest of the day you don't need to cram all that in at the end. Your body can only process so many calories at one time. The PWO shake right after is good, dinner 30 mintues later is a little soon though. Give it an hour and let that be your last meal of the day.
Dinner is 1.5 hours after pwo shake.

I like to try and get something in before bed because usually dinner consists of either chicken breast, fish, or turkey with vegetables and some potato. A pre-bed snack allows me to get some cottage cheese and natural pb in for some slow digestion overnight. This is usually about 2 hours after dinner.

I also sometimes have problems in the morning/day. I eat breakfast at 6:45 am, usually two whole eggs with three egg whites and some salsa, and two slices of whole wheat toast. I'd like to eat again at 9:30/9:45 but it can be tough. Along with lunch too. I eat lunch ~12:30 and sometimes can't start eating again til 4:30 pm.

Maybe I will just combine dinner and pre-bed snack together and go to bed earlier!

I was just curious about these products because I feel like I should be eating more than I am already.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Since we're kind of getting away from the question, are there any other suggestions as far as appetite stimulators?

(BigStabile, thanks for the input by the way. I will continue to tweak my eating schedule so that it fits with my sleep, work, lifting schedule. I'm still a little interested in some help because I would simply like to eat more.)

tattoopierced1

Coming from an AI guy, I'm not surprised! haha j/k

But I will be sure to keep looking into it. Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm in no way affiliated with AI...I just pimp what works for me.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried either of the listed, but pretty much everybody that has used E-BOL has noticed an increase in appetite. Also moving your PWO shake and dinner closer together may help. :)

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I'm in no way affiliated with AI...I just pimp what works for me.
haha I'm sorry, I just noticed your sig and just assumed. Anyways, I will no longer make an ASS out of U and ME.

Still thinking Grub On will be a possibility though.

I haven't tried either of the listed, but pretty much everybody that has used E-BOL has noticed an increase in appetite. Also moving your PWO shake and dinner closer together may help.
I'm taking JW for the first time right now, so I'd really like to get a feel for it without taking anything else major. Plus I've never tried an ecdysterone before.

Also, that's one of the problems I'm having. I have my PWO shake then I am not exactly starving for dinner 1.5 hours later. I usually have to make myself sit down to eat at 1.5 hours because I know that I need to eat again, not because I'm famished.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
I use Ganga in combination with Grub on for synergistic results.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I use Ganga in combination with Grub on for synergistic results.
haha...well speaking of...the write up for Black Hole speaks of mimic-ing cannabinoids...so you're getting the best of both worlds and then some!

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'm gonna go with Grub On. I've read alot of reviews and seems like there are plenty for both Black Hole and Grub On, yet I'm finding more for Grub On.

I'm also gonna get some digestive enzymes too. I think that will just help in general. Anyone got a good suggestion for that? Or are they all about the same? If so, then I'm just gonna get the best deal.

Thanks guys.

tattoopierced1

NOW makes Super Enzymes and Nutra is coming out with a probiotic.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Mach-

I haven't done any research yet on probiotic enzymes, but would I end up taking them with every meal?
The stuff I take is by Nature's Plus. This is what the label says,
Source of life
VIBRA-GEST
Live Food Plant Enzyme Supplement
Digestive Aid Formula

180 Vegicaps . Hypoallergenic

As a dietary supplement, take one capsule with a meal. Designed as a natural digestive aid.

I take one about a 1/2 hour before I eat. I would say if you are going for 5-6 meals a day, take it a 1/2 hour before the big 3 meals. If you want to kick it up a notch, take 2.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
NOW makes Super Enzymes and Nutra is coming out with a probiotic.
The stuff I take is by Nature's Plus. This is what the label says,
Source of life
VIBRA-GEST
Live Food Plant Enzyme Supplement
Digestive Aid Formula

180 Vegicaps . Hypoallergenic

As a dietary supplement, take one capsule with a meal. Designed as a natural digestive aid.

I take one about a 1/2 hour before I eat. I would say if you are going for 5-6 meals a day, take it a 1/2 hour before the big 3 meals. If you want to kick it up a notch, take 2.
Since I'm going to placing an order with NP, I'm gonna go with the Super Enzymes from NOW. NP doesn't stock the Nature's Plus Vibra-Gest and I might as well get it all at once...I might check out the supermarket near my house to see if they have it though. I think they usually stock digestive enzymes.

Anyways, thanks guys for the great advice. I really appreciate it.

(Now I just gotta see if NP sends out the free cookie mix and peanut butter/chocolate protein powder with an order of Grub On! :food: )

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Since I'm going to placing an order with NP, I'm gonna go with the Super Enzymes from NOW. NP doesn't stock the Nature's Plus Vibra-Gest and I might as well get it all at once...I might check out the supermarket near my house to see if they have it though. I think they usually stock digestive enzymes.
uhhhhhh....nevermind. I will wait patiently(eagerly) for the release of Nutraplanet's new Gut Health(there should be an umlaut over the 'u' but I don't know how to do that).

Thanks tattoopierced1.