Is it compulsory to supplement while "on"

1. AlexParty

Is it compulsory to supplement while "on"

When I'm "on" should I supplement with creatine and ZMA??? Or it's not important ad I should save it when I'm off??

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I have the same question and most of what I've read is people saying save it so you can see where you gains come from. Personally I know I can get good gains off of t-1 so knowing where they come from doesn't matter. Honestly I just want the gains, for all I care they can come from tiny forest sprites that fly through the air sprinkling magical dust on me.

My logic here to stay on creatine is one that your strength goes up while on it. Wouldn't it be beneficial to be able to lift even heavier while on a cycle???? Two it keeps your muscles that much more saturated for better protein absorbtion.
  3. AlexParty

for all I care they can come from tiny forest sprites that fly through the air sprinkling magical dust on me.
    lol

Ya that's exactly what I thought. I know the ZMA and creatine would give added strength thus benefiting from heavier weights which adds muslce size. BUT BUT when you OFF logically you might be able to lift a lot less and that would be where the creatine and zma come in. But I really don't know if there's a difference so I'll wait for someone else to answer with experience.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.92%

Originally posted by jminis
    Honestly I just want the gains, for all I care they can come from tiny forest sprites that fly through the air sprinkling magical dust on me.
    LMFAO! Preach on brother jminis

I don't use creatine while on cycle, or ZMA at any time If you have a good cycle planned out then I'd say just stick with protein, multi's and so forth. When coming off cycle then use creatine and ZMA (if you like it). This will help you retain more of your gains usually if you do a creatine load post cycle, IMO.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.18%

Bah! I want to know where my gains come from, so I can spend more effort/time/money utilizing that and ignore things that haven't worked before.
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.1%

I think what I'm going to end up doing is stop taking the creatine two weeks into my cycle. Once my cycle is done I'm going to load again. I did that last cycle and it turned out well. Late J
  7. AlexParty

So I guess I'll Use the ZMA HP and Creatine off cycle...The thing is I have tons of Creatine so maybe I shoiuld use it during a cycle and just maintain the dose of creatine.....
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.87%

Use the creatine up if you like but ditch the ZMA. It's useless unless you have a zinc deficiency, which I'm sure you don't. If you have some left over, use it post cycle, but I wouldn't bother buying more.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.33%

Draven , ZMA useless, I don't think ZMA is useless post cycle anyways.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.24%

Originally posted by Draven, quoted by Biggs 'cause he agrees
    Use the creatine up if you like but ditch the ZMA. It's useless unless you have a zinc deficiency, which I'm sure you don't. If you have some left over, use it post cycle, but I wouldn't bother buying more.
  11. AlexParty

Just curious, should I always be supplementing with zinc? I hate to buy all these vitamins but I'm actually considering Fiber which I have left out before and I know it's a big no no. Well the Zma I got a deal on it, I wouldnt pay more as thier over priced here in Montreal. Then I guess I will use the Creatine while "on" and "off". I'm not planning to take anything else beside the t-1 pro that I have.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.24%

Originally posted by AlexParty
    but I'm actually considering fiber which I have left out before and I know it's a big no no.
    ... am I missing something?
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.87%

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
    Draven , ZMA useless, I don't think ZMA is useless post cycle anyways.
    Yes. Useless for most anyways. If you're looking for a good nights sleep with some funky dreams, go nuts. But from what I've seen it doesn't do much for most, unless you have a zinc deficiency. Just my opinion.
  14. AlexParty

Hmm interesting Draven, why not just go with a zinc vita. supplement? It's cheaper..a lot cheaper. Wait.... I should listen to my own advice :P

As for the fiber, it's important in the help of digestion. If I eat 6-7 meals a day the fiber should help a lot with that.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.24%

aaah, I see, you were saying leaving it OUT was a big no no... not sure why I read that wrong lol... man, I need to learn how to read
  16. AlexParty

Lol, happens to me all the time biggs
  17. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%

All the zinc you need is in your multi-mineral tabs. ZMA is worthless unless you are Zinc deficient. Draven and Biggs are right on.
  18. AlexParty

Hmmm... am I just dumb then because ZMA is suppose to increase strength by 500%?? Says it on the bottle I bought(EAS) and I've read that it helps. Maybe it's a placebo effect. Does someone have to supplement with Zinc or it's not important even if thier not Zinc deficient?
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.87%

Hmmm... am I just dumb then because ZMA is suppose to increase strength by 500%?? Says it on the bottle I bought(EAS) and I've read that it helps. Maybe it's a placebo effect. Does someone have to supplement with Zinc or it's not important even if thier not Zinc deficient?
    Don't believe everything they tell you bro. If you do, I've got some great (swamp)land I can sell you.

If you are deficient then extra supplementation makes sense, otherwise as John said you get plenty from your multi-vit.
  20. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Exercise depletes zinc.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.92%

Originally posted by Bobo
    Exercise depletes zinc.
    True, but IMO a multi seems to cover it, I've seen NO benefit from ZMA personally. If one isn't taking a good multi, maybe that's a problem.
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.24%

ZMA is suppose to increase strength by 500%?? Says it on the bottle I bought(EAS) and I've read that it helps.
    schweeeeeet... I'll just take triple dose and experience 1500% strength increase... people! get the hell back! Biggs is on ZMA! *GRRRRRR*

("can't... live without... rage-ahol!..." -Homer Simpson)
  23. AlexParty

" schweeeeeet... I'll just take triple dose and experience 1500% strength increase... people! get the hell back! Biggs is on ZMA! *GRRRRRR*"

haha
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.07%

Search for an article posted in the steroid section by YJ, showing that creatine goes hand in hand with AAS. Allows greater absorbtion of creatine, etcetera.
  25. AlexParty

Hey Ex, nice avatar. Brothers side by side hehe. Wasn't the case in Iraq, my primeminister's an idiot, very embarrasing.

Anyyyyyyyyyways. Sounds Interesting, I'll check that thread out.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 08:10 PM
  2. Is it possible to change shipping method on Nutra?
    By Docmattic in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
  3. Is it possible to make good gains on a pct???
    By djwalto in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 10:03 PM
  4. Is it necessary to supplement BCAA's
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:45 AM
  5. Is it necessary to walk while performing farmer walks?
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 01:02 PM