Tribulus and Libido Drop

AmsterRod

Awards
I'm running a very natural cycle right now - just 4 x week training, lots of food, creatine, protein shakes. The only other supplement I'm taking is fish oil and a multi vit.....

As a trial I thought I would see how I got on with Tribulus terrestris. i got 100g natural organic trbulus and took 2 x 5g per day. Within 12 hours my libido was dead. (I could still function Ok I just had no desire to) After 4 days i stopped taking the Tribulus (which in powdered form was really disgusting to drink anyway) and within 24 hours my libido started to return. 48 later I was back to horny normal.

Has anyone else had this unexpected experience? Can anyone offer an explanation?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
No idea why this would decrease. Mine increased, and was too much. Don't forget that a lot of factor can influence libido, from a lack of sleep, to stress etc...

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
it could just be overkill on the trib too, unless that was the recommended dose.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Listen to your body. You might try again at lower dose. If you experience the same thing, sell it or give it away.

AmsterRod

Awards
Thanks for the input. Perhaps I'll try a lower dose at some point - but this powdered root form is really disgusting to take - so I won't be in any hurry. i don't think there were any other factors were involved - sleep is regular at the moment and stress remained the same when I was both on and off it...
I guess the stuff may just not suit me.

I didn't pay a lot for it - so don't need to sell.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I'm running a very natural cycle right now - just 4 x week training, lots of food, creatine, protein shakes. The only other supplement I'm taking is fish oil and a multi vit.....

As a trial I thought I would see how I got on with Tribulus terrestris. i got 100g natural organic trbulus and took 2 x 5g per day. Within 12 hours my libido was dead. (I could still function Ok I just had no desire to) After 4 days i stopped taking the Tribulus (which in powdered form was really disgusting to drink anyway) and within 24 hours my libido started to return. 48 later I was back to horny normal.

Has anyone else had this unexpected experience? Can anyone offer an explanation?
That seems like an awfully high dose. Take a few weeks off and try again with 500MG twice per day (morning, late afternoon). Dose five days on and two off. I've heard that high doses of Tribulus will kill your libido. 10,000 MG per day is certainly high.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
My bottle of Trib says x1 625mg twice a day. 1250mg (1.2g) per day and I seem to be ok. And you said you were taking 100g?

I also read somewhere that cutting cycles kill libido as well...So if you are cutting then...

AmsterRod

Awards
Interesting - maybe it was the dosage then. The directions on the packet said 5-10g (which is indeed 5000 - 1000mg) But I assumed this was a low potency product and took the dose they recommended. I'll try again in a few days with 0.5g (500g) and see if it gives any effect.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
i found 2 x 625 mg worked wounders for my libido