Is it possible to be creatine intolerant? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is it possible to be creatine intolerant?

1. mcQ

Question Is it possible to be creatine intolerant?

About a month ago I started adding creatine to my daily pre-workout shake (1 teaspoon, nothing large). Initially, I didn't have any negative effects however, for the past two weeks or so, I've been getting very bad stomach discomfort from using it. I'm wandering around the gym burping like I just chugged a shot of castor oil hoping I don't vomit all over everything. Honestly it feels like my stomach has been set to a medium level boil. Makes it difficult to remain focused to say the least.

I've also tried switching the pre-shake to a post workout shake, but then I just end up curled up on the couch for about 2 hours trying not to spew.

Anyhow, I realize this is nothing compared to what a lot of the bros here deal with as far as sides from PH or AAS, however, if any of you are a little further past the newb stage and can make any recommendations I'd appreciate it. I was thinking about adding a shot of pepto or grinding up a tums in the shake?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

2. New Member

Stomach discomfort is not unusual if you are taking Creatine Monohydrate. Many people have the same problem. A couple of options:

1. Try Micronized Creatine. It is easier on the stomach than Creatine Monohydrate.

2. Consider SAN's V-12 or Syntrax's Swole which contain Tricreatine, a different form of Creatine that, again, is easier on the stomach than Creatine Monohydrate.
  3. New Member

I suffered the same problems, Tricreatine Malate (Swole) solved those problems, for me anyway.
    •   

4. New Member

Originally posted by GuyinLA

1. Try Micronized Creatine. It is easier on the stomach than Creatine Monohydrate.

2. Consider SAN's V-12 or Syntrax's Swole which contain Tricreatine,
    I tried the micronized ver. - didn't solve the problem, tried the efferves. ver. - didn't solve the problem. For me, only the Malate version (Swole) gave me the results everyone else was getting.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Is it possible to not respond to creatine?
    By rodo123 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 08:11 AM
  3. Why Is It Bad To Mix Creatine With...?
    By BIGNBUFF in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 01:51 PM
  4. Is it possible to be "immune" to UA/SU
    By Kerruptt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 07:09 PM