BCAA / Cissus / Nettle Root

C

Cannon454

Awards
I am currently adding Cissus to my protein shakes and was thinking of adding Nettle and BCAA as well. What are your thoughts? I took the NHA stack in the spring and had great results. I am not looking for the same thing but rather a little insurance to keep some muscle around while I am cutting.

Thanks
Cannon

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Looks to me like a solid 'natural' stack. I'm inclined to suggest a PPAR-agonist such as SesaThin, which will go great with the anabolics and cover the fat loss from a much more direct approach.

C

Cannon454

Awards
Noob Question - How would PPAR-agonist, which affects gycemic absorbsion affect someone, like myself, who is hypoglycemic.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Noob Question - How would PPAR-agonist, which affects gycemic absorbsion affect someone, like myself, who is hypoglycemic.
What is your phenotype? Have you ever been obese/overweight?

C

Cannon454

Awards
To be honest I can't tell you my phenotype. It was never discussed when i had my tests done or when I had my follow up with my doctor 3years ago. I was just told I was hypoglycemic and discussed diet.

Obese/Overweight- 90th percentile my whole child hood. Athletic but overweight in high school ( 5'10 190-200lbs sponsored mountain biker ). Shot up to 235 in college.

Current:: (4 years of training)

202lbs ( comming off a bulk - who isn't ;) )
Waist 34
Arms 16.5
Chest 46

BF% 16-18 ( haven't checked it in a month )

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Sweet, that was exactly the info I was looking for.

I find it very off that someone with a history of being overweight is hypoglycemic, usually it is the other way around. What indication did the MD give in regards to the source of the hyperglycemia? (I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible to make the appropriate judgement here.) I guess the pre-med side of my education was good for something.

C

Cannon454

Awards
Please redirect me if I misunderstand, I am a graphic designer, but the source is/was diet. I went from 230-235 to 170 in about 9 months ( 4 years ago ) unintentionally/not safely while my 10 year old sister was in the hospital. After she was finally released I moved to a different city and started going to the gym to kill time and release stress. Now it's just a way of life.

Just before I moved my family asked that I get a glucose test because of my weight loss and mood swings. Hypoglycemia and diebeties(sp) run on my mothers side. Non of whom are even overweight. If there is anything else I am leaving out I can deffinatly fill in the blanks.

Cannon

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
I see. The hypoglycemia was definately the result of your caloric restriction, but it appears that you've got everything under control now. The addition of SesaThin certainly wouldn't be harmful, but rather assist your insulin management and blood CHO levels. However, I've got a feeling that your new situation has eliminated the hypoglyemia due to improvements in lifestyle, decreased stress and a healthier, stable, body composition.