Uh...Question...on some supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.
East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
so i stopped in at max muscle and talked to one of my friends who is in college and is a certified nutrionalist and i was asking him about taking BAM/JW/AP and i told him what AP does and he goes ok well u can just take ALA and get basically the same effect...then went on to ask him about BAM and he said just some test booster with a little bit of protein synthesis stuff in it and showed me some stuff i can take thats cheaper i guess...idk and then JW and he looked at the ingedients and another guy working there who takes cycles of Test all the time goes hmmm looks somewhat like a PH I'd say its just basically a PH

Told me i didnt need to take BAM/JW/AP and he would set me up on some stuff to take ...also i guess tablet forms of Multivitamins are **** and he went into detail on why capped are better

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
*yawn* Tell me when you've left the store... zzzz

They don't know WTF they talking about.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
*yawn* Tell me when you've left the store... zzzz

They don't know WTF they talking about.
hey im just telling u what he told me and now im asking....lay off

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
First of all, they have no idea what the products are. They simply referred to another product that is intended to do the same thing. (increase test = PH, improve glucose disposal = ALA)Trust me, AM is a truly cutting edge group of people that know more than most nutritionists in terms of supplementation. I am not bashing your friend, he was trying to help you, but listen to us, you will be glad you did.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
First of all, they have no idea what the products are. They simply referred to another product that is intended to do the same thing. (increase test = PH, improve glucose disposal = ALA)Trust me, AM is a truly cutting edge group of people that know more than most nutritionists in terms of supplementation. I am not bashing your friend, he was trying to help you, but listen to us, you will be glad you did.
K just checking around he knew about ALRI products though and said stuff about why he doesnt like BAM and **** about how they have weird names just for names like tribulus and stuff...idk i said i would stop back in there again he said he would set me up on supplements and stuff but i still wanna try JW/AP at least and will have him look them over again and ask hiim what he thinks (i really do trust that he knows what hes talking about for the most part)
he also told me if i wanna get real serious about BB to uptake my glutamine to at least 20G's a day

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. How about you find out what this brilliant friend would recommend in place of the supps you mentioned, then ask AM.com for it's opinion?

In theory, ALA does part of what AP does. In truth, it barely gets it done.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Take it easy there, champ!

AP, according to USPLabs, is quite unlike ALA in that ALA stimulates nutient uptake into BOTH muscle AND fat. AP keeps nutrients AWAY from fat.

I'm not up on BAM ingredients, but it's pretty reasonably priced. And JW is not a pro-hormone, not even close.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. How about you find out what this brilliant friend would recommend in place of the supps you mentioned, then ask AM.com for it's opinion?

In theory, ALA does part of what AP does. In truth, it barely gets it done.
well he was saying i prolly dont even need to take anything at the moment to increase protein synthesis eventhough it makes sense too...why not...but he pointed out stuff i could use that he called "the ****" and it wasnt store brand either something with IGF1 or something

thats why I'm here...to "learn"

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Then he's clueless. :)
lol...... I 2nd Bobo. Listen to the head clown...

He's right.... at 18, protein, maybe creatine, etc.... are all you need. But looking at some past posts of yours, you're determined to take more. So...... sticking the herbal route is probably your safest bet.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any oral glutamine is a waste...but thats another issue.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well he was saying i prolly dont even need to take anything at the moment to increase protein synthesis eventhough it makes sense too...why not...but he pointed out stuff i could use that he called "the ****" and it wasnt store brand either something with IGF1 or something

thats why I'm here...to "learn"
You increase rates of protein synthesis by eating. Its not some magical condition that a supplement is going to increase dramatically.

Don't listen to whatever the guy is saying about IGF-1. If he doen't know how oral glutamine acts within the gut he certainly doens't know about peptides.

At 18, eat, get your EFA's, protein, maybe some creatin mono and lift. Thats it. Stick earplugs in your ear when that other guy speaks.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...and please form coherent sentences. I can't hardly read the first post its so damn bad.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
...and please form coherent sentences. I can't hardly read the first post its so damn bad.
Ha sorry, i just have a major headache right now so I'm typing fast to get things done.

Also, this isnt a geeky nutrionalist, hes lifter, hes BIIIG too.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who gives a ****. I know plenty of big idiots. It doens't take a genius to eat and inject Test.

Its the "geeks" in lab coats who design the **** he takes. Wise up.

EDIT: There is no such thing as a nutrionalist

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your friend is a moron, sorry bro. Comparing Anabolic Pump to ALA is like comparing Test to Tribulus. In terms of the PH comparison and JW, that is utterly false as well. If I had to give you one piece of advice for the rest of your life, it would be to never listen to that individual again, ever. Also, there are many levels and certificates in which and individual could call himself a 'certified nutritionist', CanFitPRO (for Canada) and I believe ACE offer online courses for $70 which would technically certify you as a nutritionist. In other words, he is dumb, and if you want to be smart pretend like you do not know him.

EDIT: As a small test, ask him what GLUT4's role within the body is, and if it can only be activated through Insulin-Dependent pathways. If he cannot discern that on some level, then he has absolutley no clue about how Anabolic Pump works.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
just curious but what is a certified nutrionist? I know you don't need a degree. My wife's a R.D. :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Basically nothing. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. Its not in the same ballpark as an R.D. although I've met some pretty dense R.D's.....of course thats not your wife... :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Basically nothing. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. Its not in the same ballpark as an R.D. although I've met some pretty dense R.D's.....of course thats not your wife... :D
Exactly what I was getting at. I'm not calling people that are ACE/CanFitPRO Certified clueless, but the knowledge it requires to pass those courses is pretty basic.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
:)

Yea I figured anyone could call themselves a nutrionist, it's funny to see
them used for interviews in the local news at times.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
well he hasnt actually seen Anabolic pump next time i stop in there I am gonna have him actually look at the product..the write up and the ingedients i just tried telling him it puts glycogen into muscles and not fat cells

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine does nothing.
From what he is saying, he has absolutely no idea what is in JW or BAM.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine does nothing.
From what he is saying, he has absolutely no idea what is in JW or BAM.
idk some guy that does a lot of steroids looked at the test and started to like decypher what the words they use in JW and BAM saying what it is

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are right, you don't know. Listen to the "steroid guys" then.

Birds of a feather....

Status
Not open for further replies.