Acetyl L-Carnitine / Citrulline Malate

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Citrulline won't in and of itself aid fat loss, though it may allow you to increase the level of intensity and duration of excercise, as well as aid recovery.

R3d

R3d

Awards
What's something to aid in fat loss (not scale weight)?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's something to aid in fat loss (not scale weight)?
If you are looking for fat loss, then look towards ppar-alpha supplements like SesaThin and TTA.

ALCAR and citrulline will help in an indirect way for fat loss, although ALCAR does have a direct manner of helping. Try that stack for a while and add some K-R-ALA or Na-R-ALA for glucose sensitizing and nutrient repartioning.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
If you are looking for fat loss, then look towards ppar-alpha supplements like SesaThin and TTA.

ALCAR and citrulline will help in an indirect way for fat loss, although ALCAR does have a direct manner of helping. Try that stack for a while and add some K-R-ALA or Na-R-ALA for glucose sensitizing and nutrient repartioning.

Going to agree here. The best combo for fat loss that doesn't involve stimulants is a cAMP booster like forskolin and a PPAR agonist like SesaThin.

If stim's are a go - then add EC to the above stack. Other options are availible, but these should be fat loss staples for most.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going to agree here. The best combo for fat loss that doesn't involve stimulants is a cAMP booster like forskolin and a PPAR agonist like SesaThin.

If stim's are a go - then pure EC is right on.
I don't think stims would be a good idea b/c he is more concerned about endurance and they might make his cardio suffer, but I still see your point.

R3d

R3d

Awards
The reason I'm trying to improve my cardio performance is so I can drop BF.

If a stimulant reduces my ability in cardio performance (assuming it doesn't interfere with weight training), but makes up for it with fat loss, then I don't mind :).

EC=?

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Any other recommendations?

How accurate are these compared to a stim?
I'm not sure accurate was an appropriate word choice. Perhaps you could clarify this question and I will gladly respond :).

Boris

Awards
According to this:
alpha lipoic acid | acetyl L-carnitine
another very good reason to take some form of ALA with ALCAR is that ALCAR without ALA will cause an increase in oxidative damage.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
According to this:
alpha lipoic acid | acetyl L-carnitine
another very good reason to take some form of ALA with ALCAR is that ALCAR without ALA will cause an increase in oxidative damage.

I think ALA is too bloody expensive and prefer NAC, which I get a good dose of from SytheSize. I also take about 4-6g of vitamin C daily.

I've read the studies that suggest ALA/ALCAR to be taken together, but it I've never wasted my money on ALA, partially due to the quality issues of commercially availible products.